OVH Community, your new community space.

ProxMox and Directadmin

maia
05-01-2017, 15:40
well that didn't work!

looks like installing DA destroys the PVE filesystem. Although DA worked a treat the PVE filesystem refused to mount and the relevant .conf file went missing!

I've had to re-install PVE and looking for a solution to the original question still

maia
05-01-2017, 10:18
Thinking about it - would installing DA on the main server proxmox install be an option?

I can have the main webhost / proxmox server, with separate child VPSs running???

anyone tried this?

maia
05-01-2017, 09:55
Strange that they can't just change the IP address on the license. Not normally a hard thing to do!

I'll keep waiting for support and look into other avenues - shame as I've already paid for the month and I can't get anything installed and transferred over, grrr!

AlbaHost
05-01-2017, 00:11
Quote Originally Posted by maia
Hi AlbaHost,

thanks for the reply, the system wouldn't let me order for the failover IPs only for the main server. I guess SYS don't do Directadmin for VPSs that you make yourself??

Looks like I'll have to wait for SYS support to get back to me - still no reply!

Cheers
I thought so, its hard to migrate to FO then you might look for third parties sites who offer directadmin licenses or directadmin.com

maia
05-01-2017, 00:06
Hi AlbaHost,

thanks for the reply, the system wouldn't let me order for the failover IPs only for the main server. I guess SYS don't do Directadmin for VPSs that you make yourself??

Looks like I'll have to wait for SYS support to get back to me - still no reply!

Cheers

AlbaHost
05-01-2017, 00:00
Quote Originally Posted by maia
Evening All,

I've just got a nice new dedi server and installed Proxmox VE 4 and all is good with the world. I have some extra IPs and have 2 machines up and running.

I want 1 to be a web host - to replace an old VPS that's coming to the end of it's life - so I ordered a Directadmin license to go with the new LXC.

The license came back with the IP of the Host server not the LXC container.

Is there a way of using the license as is - somehow getting the container to see the host IP (CentOS 7 LXC)

or

Can SYS change the IP on the license to the one used by the container?

I've put a ticket in to ask the question but no one is replying!

your thoughts please!

Regards

Dave
If you have ordered a license in your main server ip then its not possible to migrate/transfer to your failover ips, if you have ordered license for your failover ip then it might be possible to migrate/transfer it.

maia
04-01-2017, 21:27
Evening All,

I've just got a nice new dedi server and installed Proxmox VE 4 and all is good with the world. I have some extra IPs and have 2 machines up and running.

I want 1 to be a web host - to replace an old VPS that's coming to the end of it's life - so I ordered a Directadmin license to go with the new LXC.

The license came back with the IP of the Host server not the LXC container.

Is there a way of using the license as is - somehow getting the container to see the host IP (CentOS 7 LXC)

or

Can SYS change the IP on the license to the one used by the container?

I've put a ticket in to ask the question but no one is replying!

your thoughts please!

Regards

Dave