OVH Community, your new community space.

Help me! - informations_server_status_hackedBlocked

alvaroag
05-03-2017, 15:18
The current status of your server only allows two options: FTP Rescue system, and OS reinstall. So, what you have to do is take all your files, reinstall the OS, and put everything back. That's the procedure, and that's what you got in the first email.

Again, to backup your database, you don't need the SQL files. You can just backup the whole database folder and then restore it.

Metko
05-03-2017, 08:28
Should I wait for a response of support or reinstall the OS? I just need a SQL Dump, but not the files.

Metko
05-03-2017, 07:42
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
You server wasn't put into rescue mode because of "complaints of phishing sites", but rather because it was hacked or infected, and was sending high amounts of malicious traffic. The problem then was that you rebooted the server before fixing the problem: you should have rebooted it after solving the problem.

What happened is something like a first warning: "your server is sending large amounts of malicious traffic. solve it and restart your server normally". You restarted your server normally without solving the issue, so there you get the second warning: "take out all your data via FTP and reinstall your OS".

Usually, all your data will be available via FTP. Only that, instead of a nice SQL file, you will have to backup the database files as the database engine stores them.
In recovery mode there is no access to nginx and other installed applications (and by backups), so I launched the server and started to fix the problem. Did not have time..... I really need those SQL files

alvaroag
05-03-2017, 04:45
You server wasn't put into rescue mode because of "complaints of phishing sites", but rather because it was hacked or infected, and was sending high amounts of malicious traffic. The problem then was that you rebooted the server before fixing the problem: you should have rebooted it after solving the problem.

What happened is something like a first warning: "your server is sending large amounts of malicious traffic. solve it and restart your server normally". You restarted your server normally without solving the issue, so there you get the second warning: "take out all your data via FTP and reinstall your OS".

Usually, all your data will be available via FTP. Only that, instead of a nice SQL file, you will have to backup the database files as the database engine stores them.

Metko
04-03-2017, 22:37
Good day!
Today on my server turned on emergency mode, because of complaints of phishing sites, but when I turned it on and started fixing bugs, search this phishing a new message on the mail and block the server at all (hanging in emergency mode).
I read on the Internet that you can access via FTP, upload the information you need to reinstall the OS, then it will work. But I need to somehow get the SQL dumps of the databases that did not get via FTP.
OVH can help with this? The loss of thousands of dollars.