OVH Community, your new community space.

Bandwidth Option's

Andy
22-11-2008, 13:02
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
Sorry another question but you seem to be in the know.

Where is the bandwidth for the traffic series monitored? for example would making a weekly backup (using ovh's free ftp thingy) eat into my bandwidth quota (OVH->OVH) or is it OVH -> INTERNET monitored so only bandwidth outside the network counts?

Also is the bandwidth monitored IN + OUT or just OUT?

Thanks again
Bandwidth is monitored OUT only, since OVH don't care how much you download. I'm told OVH > OVH is not counted but there are so many mixed views I can't say for certain.

Dave
22-11-2008, 13:00
Sorry another question but you seem to be in the know.

Where is the bandwidth for the traffic series monitored? for example would making a weekly backup (using ovh's free ftp thingy) eat into my bandwidth quota (OVH->OVH) or is it OVH -> INTERNET monitored so only bandwidth outside the network counts?

Also is the bandwidth monitored IN + OUT or just OUT?

Thanks again

Andy
22-11-2008, 12:37
Andy is the Traffic Series per infrastructure or per server? Premium and Unmetered state which but Traffic & Burstable don't state?
I will include that in the other post now

Dave
22-11-2008, 12:37
Andy is the Traffic Series per infrastructure or per server? Premium and Unmetered state which but Traffic & Burstable don't state?

Andy
22-11-2008, 12:32
So what your saying is you get 100Mbps till you reach 5000Gb then it drops to 1Mbps, but you can purchase more bandwidth and in which case your back at 100Mbps untill you use the newly allotted bandwidth?

Sorry I'm having trouble understanding this but humor me please

Thanks.
I made this topic, just for you

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?p=10432#post10432

Kidding, its for everyone

Dave
22-11-2008, 12:30
So what your saying is you get 100Mbps till you reach 5000Gb then it drops to 1Mbps, but you can purchase more bandwidth and in which case your back at 100Mbps untill you use the newly allotted bandwidth?

Sorry I'm having trouble understanding this but humor me please

Thanks.

EDIT: I've just read your thread http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1199 it was very helpful, TA!

Andy
22-11-2008, 12:16
I don't see what is hard to understand. It says 'Limits or Excess' and then it says you can either stay at 1Mbps or purchase more bandwidth.

Dave
22-11-2008, 12:05
In the next month I'm looking to upgrade my RPS to a Dedicated Server but I've just noticed OVH's confusing bandwidth options

Can anyone explain the "Traffic Series"? the site says :

Network
SwitchPort 100 Mbps

Bandwidth
OVH to OVH 100 Mbps
OVH to Internet 100 Mbps
Internet to OVH 100 Mbps

Traffic limit
Traffic /month 5 000 GB

Limits and excess
Limited bandwidth
OVH to Internet 1 Mbps

So I understand the 100Mbps connection, but I'm getting lost at the "Limited Bandwidth 1Mbps" section, I'm assuming it means if you go over 5000Gb you get limited to 1Mbps? as it can't be 1Mbps all the time? it would take 10850 hours (1.2 Years) to do 5000GB @ 1 Mbps (excuse the math if thats wrong)

Could anyone explain the plan? I am correct?

I want to meet the person who came up with the table and website to explain that to the general public? I looked at it and thought about it for 10 mins and then went straight to the leaseweb site and within 30 secs I could tell if their plans were good for me or not.

Thanks in advanced.