OVH Community, your new community space.

Performance Issues over weekend

danieln
25-11-2008, 10:07
Got an answer from this one from support, apparently some kind of attack (MITM) from another customer on the network... OVH shut them down so this would explain the resolution of this one. I guess this would have been causing the same issues to a number of customers, but perhaps some are less aware of what their servers are doing?

Cheers

Daniel

danieln
24-11-2008, 10:29
Good Morning,

I dont know if anyone experienced similar issues to us but on Friday afternoon at approx 1pm we started to notice speed issues with our box, on pinging the pings were failing by sometimes 50% or 75%, I rasied a ticket with support and rebooted the box at about 6pm but this didnt come back up... The engineers had to intervene which was done late Friday evening and it came back online but the performance was still terrible.

This carried on all thru saturday into the early hours of Sunday morning, basically while we had this problem you could intermittently RDC to the box but it would disconnect and freeze continually, and as I mentioned pings were all over the place, the services we host on this machine were totally out of use. By Sunday morning at 9am this was functioning as normal which is great but I dont want this to happen again, really need some help on this overwise it might mean another provider?

Just wondered could anyone shed any light on this, or did anyone have similar issues?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Oh and to add to this I have contacted support but I have been unable to confirm anything, I know the box was rebooted as we did it and I know I can check the logs but this does not help... really need to know if anything was attacking perhaps causing this issue? Does anyone know how I can check this out, would it log attempts as data usage perhaps?