OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Manager - Bandwidth

xrcode
02-12-2008, 22:35
I dont even need 500mbps, nevermind 1000 :S

All we wanted to do was use the same ammount of bandwidth that we are already using, but across two servers instead of one... i guess its not gonna happen

rickyday
02-12-2008, 22:09
Quote Originally Posted by xrcode
Well why dont you tell me what you propose would be a suitable option for us. You know the bandwidth we use, and how we use it, you can see the average, and the bursts.

Tell us oles, what we should do? what will work for us? Tell us what option we need, what we need to do, you can see for yourself what we are using.

What do we need to do to be able to continue operating the way same way we do, except with the load split across two servers.

How about the 1Gbps unmetered option for a server, for instance on a MG Max costing £1068 p/m.

I think you are going to have to go down this route and pay for the bandwidth you require, I cant see any other way, not with the sheer amount of bandwidth you are pushing out.

HANNApree
02-12-2008, 18:48
Well why dont you tell me what you propose would be a suitable option for us. You know the bandwidth we use, and how we use it, you can see the average, and the bursts.

Tell us oles, what we should do? what will work for us? Tell us what option we need, what we need to do, you can see for yourself what we are using.

What do we need to do to be able to continue operating the way same way we do, except with the load split across two servers.
lol go to lw and pay them silly $

xrcode
02-12-2008, 01:22

oles@ovh.net
02-12-2008, 00:50
xrcode a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;10927 Wrote:
>> xrcode a écrit:
>> >
>> > Its expensive enough to hurt our business badly if it doesnt work

>> for
>>
>> if you business doesn't work because you are selling something for X
>> that costs 10X, your business isn't built in the right way. If you
>> want to buy 300Mbps of transit (100% transit), level3 or teleglobe
>> will bill you 2000Euro/mo ! how much do we sell this service ?

>
>
> Would it be possible for you to do 300mbps transit, on a per client
> basis, and give us the unlimited peering like the other offers have.
> alot of our data ges passed through peering.

I've already answered you to all questions.

xrcode
01-12-2008, 23:58
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
xrcode a écrit:
>
> Its expensive enough to hurt our business badly if it doesnt work for

if you business doesn't work because you are selling something for X
that costs 10X, your business isn't built in the right way. If you
want to buy 300Mbps of transit (100% transit), level3 or teleglobe
will bill you 2000Euro/mo ! how much do we sell this service ?

Would it be possible for you to do 300mbps transit, on a per client basis, and give us the unlimited peering like the other offers have. alot of our data ges passed through peering.

oles@ovh.net
01-12-2008, 23:54
xrcode a écrit:
>
> Its expensive enough to hurt our business badly if it doesnt work for

if you business doesn't work because you are selling something for X
that costs 10X, your business isn't built in the right way. If you
want to buy 300Mbps of transit (100% transit), level3 or teleglobe
will bill you 2000Euro/mo ! how much do we sell this service ?

xrcode
01-12-2008, 20:44
Its expensive enough to hurt our business badly if it doesnt work for us, can we try it for 24 hours first? if we order it can it be refunded if it is no good for us?

oles@ovh.net
01-12-2008, 18:36
xrcode a écrit:
>
> So this means that we wont be able to burst higher then 300mbps?
>
> We kind of need to be able to burst a bit higher, but our average will
> stay well under 300mbps.

our 300Mbps bandwidth is not enought expensive to propose more.

xrcode
01-12-2008, 16:27
So this means that we wont be able to burst higher then 300mbps?

We kind of need to be able to burst a bit higher, but our average will stay well under 300mbps.

Well hopefully we can try it and see if its suitable for us.

oles@ovh.net
01-12-2008, 14:24
xrcode a écrit:
>
> So when i get this 300mbps Business sla applied to our server. It means
> 300mbps gaurenteed transit + unlimited peering, is that correct?

300 mbps (transit + peering):
http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/item...ve_hosting.xml
and we reverse your on each output link 100Mbps.

xrcode
01-12-2008, 10:04
So when i get this 300mbps Business sla applied to our server. It means 300mbps gaurenteed transit + unlimited peering, is that correct?

It also means high-priority routing, is that correct too?

By the Way, we did try to contact support, they said we had to wait for you to add it to the manager.

oles@ovh.net
29-11-2008, 13:56
xrcode a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;10812 Wrote:
>> xrcode a écrit:
>> >
>> > We wanted to try it at first but we dont even care about that

>> anymore.
>> > we are loosing busines. apply it, bill us. problem solved

>>
>> you talk to your self. what is your problem "3 lines".

>
> I am just trying to get my problem solved.
>
>
>
> We need business SLA 300mbps.
> We need it fast, we are loosing customers. We will pay for it.
> Please apply it to ns204442.ovh.net because we are loosing business.

we have finished yesterday the "switch" between the bandwidth.
on monday we will propose Business 300Mbps in manager.

I don't understand why you didn't contact our support to get an order
with Business 300Mbps to your dedicated server. It was in the beta,
okey, but we would propose it in the quicker way.

you have 300Mbps on your ns204442.ovh.net

you are making 400Mbps on ns60325.ovh.net. I will fix it next week.

Expat
29-11-2008, 12:33
Give up xrcode this guy is no father christmas! more like scrooge if you ask me.

Shio5
29-11-2008, 06:40
Thats really hurts, I bet you loss some customers because of that..

OVH should help you out really soon, as far as I know you have paid for 1000mbit, so you should have what you paid for at least for the month you paid..

thats really bad from you OVH, this guy has been asking for support for long now..

IT'S REALLY UNFAIR!!

xrcode
29-11-2008, 02:30
nothings clear yet, i will be extremely dissappointed if they can't do it on a per client basis instead, we plan on having alot more servers, and paying the bandwidth we use. We can control the total, but not wich server its coming from, due to the nature of what we do.

I think it would be extremely unfair for them not to do it, We ordered 1000mbit servers, not 100mbit. We arent even complaining about that, we understand that bandwidth costs money. But atleast dont just cap us and leave us hanging with all our clients complaining, We pretty much decided we were gonna have to buy 300mbps business SLA a while back. The MG-max we got a month ago was a complete waste of money, as it came capped to 100mbit and we cannot run our services like that. We already down 169 pound for nothing, It has to be renewed sunday and it hasnt even been used for its intended purpose yet. When we ordered the MG-Max it hurt us alot, not only was it no good for us, our main production server suffered a "change in bandwidth quality" at around the same time. Its seems to have been gradually getting worse, now theres a constant skip in the audio.
bottom line is, we know how much bandwidth we need, we are using it already.... its just low quality, we need the cap lifted from our MG, and quality fixed on the other.

Dave
29-11-2008, 02:25
Thats only just appeared! a good sign!!!. unfortunately it doesnt solve anything for me.

Home > Dedicated servers > Services > Management of your bandwidth

Management of your bandwidth

Purchasing the Business SLA option is not possible for the moment via the manager. This feature will be available very shortly. However, you can purchase this option by contacting our commercial support.

(my partner spent almost an hour on the phone to UK OVH today, they said nothing will happen till monday)
Ouch, have they agreed to Business SLA per Client or are you going to have to per have server?

xrcode
29-11-2008, 02:14
Quote Originally Posted by Dave
I've just noticed in my control panel I now have a section called:

Bandwidth management
------------------
Manage your bandwidth

It looks like you can upgrade your bandwidth from there? not sure if you can go Business SLA but it may be worth a look?

It might of been there all the time and I just didn't notice it but its news to me
Thats only just appeared! a good sign!!!. unfortunately it doesnt solve anything for me.

Home > Dedicated servers > Services > Management of your bandwidth

Management of your bandwidth

Purchasing the Business SLA option is not possible for the moment via the manager. This feature will be available very shortly. However, you can purchase this option by contacting our commercial support.

(my partner spent almost an hour on the phone to UK OVH today, they said nothing will happen till monday)

Dave
29-11-2008, 01:54
I am just trying to get my problem solved.

We need business SLA 300mbps.
We need it fast, we are loosing customers. We will pay for it.
Please apply it to ns204442.ovh.net because we are loosing business.
I've just noticed in my control panel I now have a section called:

Bandwidth management
------------------
Manage your bandwidth

It looks like you can upgrade your bandwidth from there? not sure if you can go Business SLA but it may be worth a look?

It might of been there all the time and I just didn't notice it but its news to me

xrcode
29-11-2008, 00:10
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
xrcode a écrit:
>
> We wanted to try it at first but we dont even care about that anymore.
> we are loosing busines. apply it, bill us. problem solved

you talk to your self. what is your problem "3 lines".
I am just trying to get my problem solved.

We need business SLA 300mbps.
We need it fast, we are loosing customers. We will pay for it.
Please apply it to ns204442.ovh.net because we are loosing business.

oles@ovh.net
28-11-2008, 23:38
xrcode a écrit:
>
> We wanted to try it at first but we dont even care about that anymore.
> we are loosing busines. apply it, bill us. problem solved

you talk to your self. what is your problem "3 lines".

xrcode
28-11-2008, 21:02
We wanted to try it at first but we dont even care about that anymore. we are loosing busines. apply it, bill us. problem solved

xrcode
28-11-2008, 20:49
Me too, we are starting to get really disappointed, all they have to do is switch us to business SLA on our mg max and we will be ok. If it waits till monday we will loose more clients, two down, fifteen left. This is killing us.

rickyday
28-11-2008, 20:47
100mbps does not even close to cut it for us.
I can see that by your bandwidth graphs.

Hope you can find a solution to your problem.

xrcode
28-11-2008, 20:35
nah the video is a little glitchy, but you dont notice as much, its UDP. I am 1000% sure :P
Our HG-Mini can push what we need it to but the audio skips after 200mbps.
Our MG-Max only can achieve 100mbps period.
100mbps does not even close to cut it for us.

rickyday
28-11-2008, 20:21
my audio skips awfully
What about the video?

Just thinking if Video is ok and audio is skipping then surely theres a configuration or software problem somwhere rather than it being bandwidth related??

xrcode
28-11-2008, 20:19
i need to find a way to have this sorted, i think im gonna cancel it and reorder with the business SLA i need it today, complaints are killing us. We dont have a huge customer base.... we rely on making them happy, and right now they are unhappy

DigitalDaz
28-11-2008, 20:12
You seem be getting some packet loss there too

xrcode
28-11-2008, 19:37
Someone please help I just had another customer submit a complaint

xrcode
28-11-2008, 19:02
Our audio is skipping like mad on our HG-Mini, and our MG-Max cant do over 100mbps at all. Every single client we have has now complained, can you please please apply 300MBPS business SLA to our MG-Max, we will pay it we dont care, we need to see our business running smoothly, its killing us, we already lost two clients and cant take on any more. Please help I am afraid waiting till monday will do our business more harm.

Client id = aj15010-ovh
MG-Max = ns204442.ovh.net

xrcode
27-11-2008, 21:06
The french Kimsufi website doesn't mention the 95% percentile limits so perhaps the user isn't from the UK and get the better French deal.

LOL thats why bristish are charged in pounds, and others in euros, with no exchange rate. :P

Dave
27-11-2008, 21:02
I dont really wish misfortune on anyone, but i sure hope it doesn't stay like that, as its competition for me that has the kimsufi, and i pay alot more then they do, over 500p/month
The french Kimsufi website doesn't mention the 95% percentile limits so perhaps the user isn't from the UK and get the better French deal.

xrcode
27-11-2008, 19:55
Yesterday that user might have not hit his 95% percentile limit which AFAIK is calculated daily, today he might be having the same issues as you?
I dont really wish misfortune on anyone, but i sure hope it doesn't stay like that, as its competition for me that has the kimsufi, and i pay alot more then they do, over 500p/month

xrcode
27-11-2008, 18:06
Well i would hope that a kimsufi user couldnt achieve the same kind of bandwidth. Who knows, I really dont care about other people anyway, i just want my problems fixed, even if its a huge unexpected cost, its still better to pay it NOW, and not loose anymore customers. But i have no way to do that

Dave
27-11-2008, 18:03
I host video chat rooms, my audio skips awfully. customers starting to complain alot.
Yet yesterday i saw a kimsufi support 2000 users, with no lag at all. Kind of upsetting we pay ALOT for our servers to have the BEST.
Yesterday that user might have not hit his 95% percentile limit which AFAIK is calculated daily, today he might be having the same issues as you?

xrcode
27-11-2008, 17:30
I host video chat rooms, my audio skips awfully. customers starting to complain alot.
Yet yesterday i saw a kimsufi support 2000 users, with no lag at all. Kind of upsetting we pay ALOT for our servers to have the BEST.

freshwire
27-11-2008, 15:21
I just noticed someone elses kimsufi performing the same job perfectly that our dual quad core xeon cant even do, I dont understand this at all. Is something wrong with my server? Will you please help me Oles, i thought it was because of the new bandwidth changes, but i just seen a kimsufi server doing the same job perfectly.

The server is ns204442.ovh.net ... i think theres a problem.

Its a little upsetting to see someones 60pound kimsufi doing better then our 169 pound mg max, and 249 pound hg-mini
In which way is it performing better?

xrcode
27-11-2008, 08:50
I just noticed someone elses kimsufi performing the same job perfectly that our dual quad core xeon cant even do, I dont understand this at all. Is something wrong with my server? Will you please help me Oles, i thought it was because of the new bandwidth changes, but i just seen a kimsufi server doing the same job perfectly.

The server is ns204442.ovh.net ... i think theres a problem.

Its a little upsetting to see someones 60pound kimsufi doing better then our 169 pound mg max, and 249 pound hg-mini

xrcode
26-11-2008, 17:53
That would be great oles. We want it as soon as possible, the only reason we dont already have it is because theres no way for us to order it.

Would there be any way you could activate 300mbps Business SLA on ns204442.ovh.net for us to try?

We want to make sure the server is capable of doing what we need before we renew, we might have to upgrade to HG 2009.

oles@ovh.net
26-11-2008, 17:52
xrcode a écrit:
>
> Hi, I was wondering when it will be possible to order bandwidth upgrades
> through the control panel. thanks

we should propose it very soon. this wk ? monday ?

xrcode
26-11-2008, 09:23
Hi, I was wondering when it will be possible to order bandwidth upgrades through the control panel. thanks