OVH Community, your new community space.

The French side is driving me insane

S0phie
01-12-2008, 09:18
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
English speaking countries, like Ireland, should not have to use the .com site. My friend recently ordered from Ireland and had the same issue, PLUS the setup fees on the OVH side!!!
OVH IE will be launched early next year, site in English, prices in euros and IE commercial contracts.

takagari
29-11-2008, 15:33
yup
I replied back with an email and this is what I got

Bonjour,

-- Attention -- attention -- attention -- attention -- attention --

Votre email a été reçu sur notre support mais NE PEUT PAS
être traité. En effet, il manque des informations concernant
votre domaine et le type de support que vous demandez.

Merci DE COMPLETER votre requête via cette url
http://www.ovh.com/fr/espaceclients/...Z7PQAMFL5XX7HG
Il vous permettra aussi de suivre le traitement de votre
requête en temps réel.

Cordialement,

Support Client OVH
Support Technique : 08.99.70.17.61 ( 1.349 Euro/appel + 0.337 Euro/min)
Support Commercial : 08.20.32.03.63 (Numéro Indigo 0.118 Euro/min)
Fax : 03.20.20.09.58
Email: support@ovh.com
Du lundi au vendredi : 8h - 20h
Le Samedi : 9h - 17h
Translated online

Hello, -- Caution -- caution -- caution -- caution -- caution -- Your email was received on our support but CANNOT to be treaty. Indeed, it misses information concerning your field and the form of mediums which you ask. Thank you TO SUPPLEMENT your request via this URL http://www.ovh.com/fr/espaceclients/...Z7PQAMFL5XX7HG It will also enable you to follow the treatment of your request in real-time. Cordially, Support Customer OVH Customer support: 08.99.70.17 .61 (1.349 Euro/call + 0.337 Euro/min) Commercial support: 08.20.32.03 .63 (Indigo Number 0.118 Euro/min) Fax: 03.20.20.09 .58 Email: support@ovh.com Monday at Friday: 8:00 - 20:00 Saturdays: 9:00 - 17:00
I can gather from that I THINK I need to submit online. I did. 3 days ago and nothing.
I submitted to the french site. Last time I did that I do believe they simply ignored my support request because it wasnt until I got a hold of someone on the co.uk side. that anything was fixed. and that was only because She relayed e-mails to someone in france who spoke english.

BTW I still have gotten no info on why my server is messed up.

Shawn

raidensnake
29-11-2008, 09:19
I don't understand a word of french and when my server goes offline I get messages in french and translators mess up big time leaving me to make massive guesses to what is being said.

takagari
29-11-2008, 04:00
yeah i have tried everything i could to get around this.

I also have to email and ask them to validate every server manually. because the .com sit emessed up my home verification thing.

sigh

lacky
29-11-2008, 03:51
Major PITA if you ask me. Not to mention the .com site is the only one with set up fees. We're also not able to get the alternate bandwidth plans that are available on the .co.uk site.

takagari
29-11-2008, 03:31
lacky yes same with me I am from quebec.

Its messed up but you kind of have to edit the links to .com and lcick the non english links. then you have to fight through the french order pages to complete your order.

crappy. i know

Also to order form your manager. you MUST goto the .com and login under the FRENCH language then order through that. english redirects you to .co.uk and then auto fails

lacky
29-11-2008, 03:25
I have no problem with French, I'm from Quebec, but this language segregation is nuts. I order off the french site, get an English email with a link to my order on the .co.uk site, which just gives me a big message saying my order is from a different country.

The system is messed.

takagari
29-11-2008, 01:57
yeha ovh.com offers horid setup fee's none of the other sites do.
even if i log into my manager in english. It bounces me to the co.uk site. If I try to place an order it tells me I am in the wrong country. and makes me order everything from the fully french.com site.

serious flaw

Andy
29-11-2008, 01:49
Quote Originally Posted by takagari
online translators suck

I also rent 6 servers off them. with the cash flow from me. if they are unable to setup so I get english support there is an issue.

on top of that. i HAVE to order through the french site. under french language. If i try and place a .co.uk order it tells me no and puts me to the .com site

Is there no way to have my account transfered to the .co.uk site?
English speaking countries, like Ireland, should not have to use the .com site. My friend recently ordered from Ireland and had the same issue, PLUS the setup fees on the OVH side!!!

takagari
29-11-2008, 01:47
online translators suck

I also rent 6 servers off them. with the cash flow from me. if they are unable to setup so I get english support there is an issue.

on top of that. i HAVE to order through the french site. under french language. If i try and place a .co.uk order it tells me no and puts me to the .com site

Is there no way to have my account transfered to the .co.uk site?

Andy
29-11-2008, 00:32
Quote Originally Posted by wackomoo
Yes, Google might be your friend, but he shouldn't have to use it. He speaks English, not French. Why should OVH e-mail him in French when he is English, and then him have the task of translating it?

wackomoo
28-11-2008, 23:36
http://translate.google.com is your friend.

takagari
28-11-2008, 20:15
i have but i still get the odd msg from the france site.

still cant figure out why my box has been shut down.

wackomoo
28-11-2008, 19:48
When you signed up, you picked a language. At least I did when I signed up on the french site.
Email customersupport@ovh.co.uk - those are the people I deal with.

takagari
28-11-2008, 18:20
i can but will that not whipe my server?

Seems kind of counter productive. I dont want to loose everything I have setup. my apps and my data

and downloading 200gigs of data is not an easy alternative.

xrcode
28-11-2008, 17:39

takagari
28-11-2008, 17:20
I had to singup from the .com domain. i set ENGLISH as my language. and yet I constantly get french replies, french help and am basicly told no in french.

Now they have shut down my server for malicious attacks. and gave no info aside from I need to reinstall my OS.

When I try to contact them I get a french automated response.

Has anyone looked into this? Why offer english on the french site. if nothing else supports it?

Shawn