OVH Community, your new community space.

Cannot renew server

Bruno
02-04-2008, 01:32
Quote Originally Posted by TheHub
I hope that OVH will be able to offer some presence over the weekend even if it is only half an hour of someone's time on Saturday/Sunday to remotely scan through emails/the forum and give advice - I'm sure that this would ameliorate the the poor karma generated over the weekend and the 'Monday morning' feeling that the support staff have to experience.
I know they hope to make a 24h/24 7d/7 support by early 2009

TheHub
02-04-2008, 01:23
Quote Originally Posted by Allot
We normally state payment by BACS takes 3-4 working days. In this case it had taken four days and it was processed on Monday morning. When paying by BACS it is always recommended to leave plenty of time. We do apologize for not replying to your emails over the weekend as our support is currently closed during this time.

Allot
Hi Allot,

Yes, I will allow plenty of time next time if paying by BACS, unfortunately Easter bank holidays got in the way this time. I'd like to thank OVH staff for the way that they have courteously and positively followed up on my comments and sorted my payments since the weekend including the pro-active support phone calls. I renewed the server over the weekend via debit card that got the server back online automatically in minutes.

I hope that OVH will be able to offer some presence over the weekend even if it is only half an hour of someone's time on Saturday/Sunday to remotely scan through emails/the forum and give advice - I'm sure that this would ameliorate the the poor karma generated over the weekend and the 'Monday morning' feeling that the support staff have to experience.

Allot
01-04-2008, 11:07
Paid by BACS allowing for three working days processing time - OVH has not acknowledged receipt of these funds and have now deactivated control panel functionality. Have sent several emails but with no response from OVH - do OVH not offer customer service at weekends? If anyone is available from OVH my customer ID is RD9786-OVH and I would appreciate a response.

Most companies fail due to poor accounts/billing facilities - OVH will be no different with their entry into the UK market in this respect.

Best regards,

Richard
We normally state payment by BACS takes 3-4 working days. In this case it had taken four days and it was processed on Monday morning. When paying by BACS it is always recommended to leave plenty of time. We do apologize for not replying to your emails over the weekend as our support is currently closed during this time.

Allot

Bruno
30-03-2008, 16:59
Quote Originally Posted by krogothzero
If they are going to automate server shut down they should automate renewal too else dont automate either.
It is "semi-automatic". Lots of payments are validated manually. It's the best solution to track those who have nothing to do with Ovh (hackers, people living in countries where OVh has no office...).

krogothzero
30-03-2008, 16:30
If they are going to automate server shut down they should automate renewal too else dont automate either.

TheHub
30-03-2008, 14:25
Quote Originally Posted by Bruno
Just think a little : you renewed your server 3 days ago and it's sunday, it means there is nobody to validate your payment since saturday . So you are solely responsible of this. But there is a period of 5 days after which the server will be... sold to another person. Hoping that someone from Ovh will read this thread... before the 5 days
Hi Bruno,

BACS payment was made on Tuesday at 9am which would have been received by OVH on Friday. Server was due for renewal Saturday. Yep, now have 5 days for OVH to acknowledge payment before server is permanently deleted.

I'll probably make payment again by debit card later today but don't know how OVH will cope with an order being paid twice for the same service/period.

Cheers,

Richard

Bruno
30-03-2008, 13:39
Our server has now been switched off

Still no communication from OVH who have received the funds to their bank account but have failed to apply them to our order...
Just think a little : you renewed your server 3 days ago and it's sunday, it means there is nobody to validate your payment since saturday (i can't place a pr.prfct here.. strange..). So you are solely responsible of this. But there is a period of 5 days after which the server will be... sold to another person. Hoping that someone from Ovh will read this thread... before the 5 days

TheHub
30-03-2008, 13:17
Our server has now been switched off

Still no communication from OVH who have received the funds to their bank account but have failed to apply them to our order...

Bruno
30-03-2008, 12:34
You would had to do it sooner ...

capstar11
30-03-2008, 08:53
It is taking a long time for support to respond to my emails so no i don't think they work weekends, If they do its not for new accounts thats for sure. They did take my money though and let me know about it, but no dates no times no nothing. I will look in to check how you go good luck

TheHub
30-03-2008, 06:21
Paid by BACS allowing for three working days processing time - OVH has not acknowledged receipt of these funds and have now deactivated control panel functionality. Have sent several emails but with no response from OVH - do OVH not offer customer service at weekends? If anyone is available from OVH my customer ID is RD9786-OVH and I would appreciate a response.

Most companies fail due to poor accounts/billing facilities - OVH will be no different with their entry into the UK market in this respect.

Best regards,

Richard