OVH Community, your new community space.

colo

Neil
25-02-2010, 10:35
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
So is there no one in the datacenter that speaks english?
Possible, however we cannot guarantee it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There is also a video of the site here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmkS1-4WTY

Razakel
24-02-2010, 21:14
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
If you took servers from UK to FR wouldnt customs ask for an arm and a leg ?
No, both countries are in the EU customs union, so no customs taxes can be levied on goods travelling between them.

elvis1
24-02-2010, 20:12
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
Oh cool,

I know a french person

Cant you use a virtual office in france for aftersales etc?

I might colo some servers as jet9 have flights to france £9.99!

If you took servers from UK to FR wouldnt customs ask for an arm and a leg ?

Razakel
24-02-2010, 19:39
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
There most likely will be, it's just that you'll be able to speak to someone faster without misunderstandings if you speak French, as there's a possibility they'll need to fetch someone who speaks English otherwise, and it'd be a pain to try and enforce a contract written in a foreign language in a French court so they'll insist on French speakers only.

MicroChip123
24-02-2010, 17:25

Neil
24-02-2010, 17:05
Oh cool,

I know a french person

You can have a UK Address, you just need to follow what RapidSpeeds said, person needs speak French. To deal with the contracts and go to the DC etc.

Nettus
24-02-2010, 16:14
Oh cool,

I know a french person

RapidSpeeds
24-02-2010, 15:33
You MUST have someone who can speak fluent french, who is there with you when you goto the DC, and a french contact for the aftersales process, for VAT purposes as you have to pay French VAT.

Son grand pour parler français et si vous vous ne sont vissés

Quoted directly from my OVH contact, "for the administratives steps, it's necessary and imperative that is a person who speak french for the establishment."

Neil
24-02-2010, 14:59
Neil,

We allowed to ship our servers to host in the rack in france if we took colo,

Or are they for france customers only, Other providers allow servers to be shipped to their dc's in other country, If you dont, then how come?

Abit daft for only allowing french customers host servers in there even tho you offer uk services as well?

London is expensive to host datacentres. plus there's way to many, Why not looking for cheaper buildings within derby and nottingham, Node4 host in derby i do beleive, Plus they use pricey transit providers,
You can have Colo and ship your own servers, although you will need to rack them up first, you can contact us and we will give you details of who to contact in ovh.com to get the order done and things rolling.

Nettus
24-02-2010, 14:11
Neil,

We allowed to ship our servers to host in the rack in france if we took colo,

Or are they for france customers only, Other providers allow servers to be shipped to their dc's in other country, If you dont, then how come?

Abit daft for only allowing french customers host servers in there even tho you offer uk services as well?

London is expensive to host datacentres. plus there's way to many, Why not looking for cheaper buildings within derby and nottingham, Node4 host in derby i do beleive, Plus they use pricey transit providers,

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Currently we do not sell our hardware, although we use custom smaller servers ourselves than the conventional rack.

Regarding limitations, on the housing website it does state depending on the number of Units you get what the power consumption can be.

Example. https://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/location_baie_1_a_3U.xml

Neil
24-02-2010, 10:36
Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
Hi oles,
will you also sell hardware? ( i am sure you got good prices for Intel machines )
will you have limitation of type of hardware hosted? ( for power considerations/space/etc...)

or is it going to be a mix of PC/U{1..4}/laptop festival on the racks, like I see in some other data centres that I worked at?

I wish I saved the photo of a rack I was called to fix the machines, one time ... , it had fans with duct-tape hanging from the rails with a makeshift power supply .... and a laptop sitting on a fan as a terminal server - PRICELESS!
Currently we do not sell our hardware, although we use custom smaller servers ourselves than the conventional rack.

Regarding limitations, on the housing website it does state depending on the number of Units you get what the power consumption can be.

Example. https://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/location_baie_1_a_3U.xml

yonatan
22-02-2010, 03:21
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
slayer2005 a écrit:
>
> S0phie;11091 Wrote:
>> Housing is only for French residents.

>
> Sophie why cant u add uk to colo at your DC.
> That would be great.

at the moment, we only propose the housing service in france
in paris. we have our own datacenter for housing service only.
we plan to build one in lille (1h from london, not swimming,
just eurostar). not decided yet.
Hi oles,
will you also sell hardware? ( i am sure you got good prices for Intel machines )
will you have limitation of type of hardware hosted? ( for power considerations/space/etc...)

or is it going to be a mix of PC/U{1..4}/laptop festival on the racks, like I see in some other data centres that I worked at?

I wish I saved the photo of a rack I was called to fix the machines, one time ... , it had fans with duct-tape hanging from the rails with a makeshift power supply .... and a laptop sitting on a fan as a terminal server - PRICELESS!

Andy
21-02-2010, 10:45
There was mention of a few new DC's in the latest news, but nothing specific about colo.

elvis1
21-02-2010, 06:19
would be nice to know

Nettus
21-02-2010, 01:57
Any updates on this oles?

Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
slayer2005 a écrit:
>
> S0phie;11091 Wrote:

>
> That would be great.

oles@ovh.net
08-12-2008, 12:36
slayer2005 a écrit:
>
> S0phie;11091 Wrote:

>
> That would be great.

slayer2005
08-12-2008, 11:04
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Housing is only for French residents.
Sophie why cant u add uk to colo at your DC.
That would be great.

S0phie
08-12-2008, 10:48
Housing is only for French residents.

elvis1
07-12-2008, 15:00
thank you dude, very nice info.. should gather additional data on bandwith details of this 100 mbit connection ( might be 100 mbit within ovh datacenter only )

wackomoo
07-12-2008, 12:26
Here you go!
http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/produits/housing.xml
I'm not sure if they'll let UK people order housing though, since it's only on the french site.

elvis1
07-12-2008, 06:26
does ovh currently offer colo??

if so please post url

danke