OVH Community, your new community space.

Atn: OVH -- How 2 Use OVH - RTM Scripts

Marco
09-12-2008, 09:50
I need to apologise, as that was my mistake, as I had misunderstood your simple port request, providing you the guide for the installation, without checking if there was the answer in there.

Thanks for your report.

Palad1n
08-12-2008, 20:20
Quote Originally Posted by Marco
Please look at our help guide on the following link for more informations on how to install our RTM on a dedicated server:
http://help.ovh.com/RealTimeMonitoring

Do not hesitate to contact us at customersupport@ovh.co.uk or by phone at the number 0207 252 2310, should you have any further queries.
Marco,

I am getting a little tired of your standard responses which DO NOT help nor answer the question I asked, YOUR support is the primary reason I moved most of my servers elsewhere, as your support attitude sucks!

I KNOW HOW TO INSTALL RTM, I HAVE IT INSTALLED ALREADY!

I asked what Ports it uses to communicate with your server and back again, as RTM is not working with Firewall enabled, with it disabled RTM works fine.

I tried to enable logging on the firewall, but the log was 44mb in 20 seconds!

I have raised a ticket and Alex answered it "Ports 6100 to 6200 TCP & UDP"

So thanks for your unhelpful response, and your other unhelpful response to my HDD failure!

I hope OVH send you on a "How to Support your customers" course soon.

wackomoo
08-12-2008, 10:05
That should be customersupport@ovh.co.uk eh :P

Marco
08-12-2008, 10:04
Please look at our help guide on the following link for more informations on how to install our RTM on a dedicated server:
http://help.ovh.com/RealTimeMonitoring

Do not hesitate to contact us at customersupport@ovh.co.uk or by phone at the number 0207 252 2310, should you have any further queries.

Palad1n
07-12-2008, 18:00
Hi All,

I installed latest install_rtm.sh from FTP Site.

However nothing is reporting in to the Manager.

Question for OVH: What ports do I need to open and what direction on my firewall?

I am using CSF with CPANEL/WHM plugin and default CPANEL rules only.
I have changed my SSH port from 22 to something else.

Although I use MRTG, the info from RTM looks good and I would like to get it going.

I have opened the /usr/local/rtm/rtm-0.9.2.pl file and it seems to be UDP 6100 is destination Port and source is RANDOM.
Is there a way I can set this to UDP 6102 and then open this outgoing port in CSF.

Thanks