We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This is terrible.

The European
30-12-2008, 13:31
Quote Originally Posted by Stonecat
Rack space: 21D04
That puts you in Roubaix 2.

I wonder if it's a general routing issue as I'm seeing some packet loss between UK and Roubaix

Make sure you've got an active ticket and if they're not acknowledging that, try them on the UK phone number.

Stonecat
30-12-2008, 12:43
Quote Originally Posted by The European
Which rack are you in? (In the manager look at RPS>Summary and in the "General" section it's the "Rack Space" code).
Rack space: 21D04

Quote Originally Posted by The European
Just to add: I can ping your server from my RPS within the OVH network but not directly from outside their network so it could well be a routing issue.

Yeah, figured that's why the manager isn't moaning.

The European
30-12-2008, 11:24
If you've reinstalled and the manager didn't complain during that process, it would appear that your RPS is at least talking to OVH's internal network.

Which rack are you in? (In the manager look at RPS>Summary and in the "General" section it's the "Rack Space" code).

Just to add: I can ping your server from my RPS within the OVH network but not directly from outside their network so it could well be a routing issue.

Stonecat
29-12-2008, 22:40
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
"You know the administrator password of your Windows server"

I only know the password to my Linux server

Reinstalled it anyway.. so it MUST be a hardware fault.

Andy
29-12-2008, 22:34
http://help.ovh.co.uk/KvmWinSimple

Stonecat
29-12-2008, 22:31
There are lots of things you can do to fix the server yourself:-
1. Reboot
3. Use the Rescue netboot
4. Reinstall the server
Tried them

2. Use vKVM to see the screen
There isn't a guide?

If you can't fix it after using those, then its a hardware failure.
I agree

This forum is not a support method. Use phone or e-mail. Phone is quickest.
Tried them both, the phone wasn't answered and no response to the mail

Thanks for responding

Andy
29-12-2008, 21:52
Quote Originally Posted by Stonecat
I have been waiting for OVH to fix my server: r16695.ovh.net for the past 5 days now, was dropping packets, now doesn't ping at all, can't connect. If you don't get your act together i'm taking my custom elsewhere, this is by far the worst support i have ever came across, it's either a bot that replys or someone who can't speak english correctly and seems to vanish after one reply. Like i said, if you don't sort this out, i'm cancelling, and telling my forum community of 41k+ members not to use you.

Ben
Threats won't help you here, and OVH don't really care for threats. They have a large user base and a single comment from you won't change that. You're on one of the cheapest packages so you're not going to get premium support. Its also Christmas, and support does not work Christmas.

There are lots of things you can do to fix the server yourself:-
1. Reboot
2. Use vKVM to see the screen
3. Use the Rescue netboot
4. Reinstall the server

If you can't fix it after using those, then its a hardware failure and you will have to continue to contact support.

This forum is not a support method. Use phone or e-mail. Phone is quickest. Threats will not get you anywhere, being polite and calm will.

Stonecat
29-12-2008, 20:46
I have been waiting for OVH to fix my server: r16695.ovh.net for the past 5 days now, was dropping packets, now doesn't ping at all, can't connect. If you don't get your act together i'm taking my custom elsewhere, this is by far the worst support i have ever came across, it's either a bot that replys or someone who can't speak english correctly and seems to vanish after one reply. Like i said, if you don't sort this out, i'm cancelling, and telling my forum community of 41k+ members not to use you.

Ben