OVH Community, your new community space.

My disappointing Kimsufi/OVH review for my i7 order

oles@ovh.net
03-01-2009, 07:20
Ixel a écrit:
>
> Hello everyone,

kimsufi = no quality aggrement,
8xl = a very new hardware (not stable enought to be proposed on ovh.co.uk
only on kimsufi.co.uk at the moment since it's too new !)
next week we should fix all distribution (it rests Xen, WMWare etc).

once it's stable enought, all bugs fixed, we will propose it on ovh.co.uk
with quality aggrement that all knows and ... more expensive. 8xl it's a
very cheap server.

Andy
03-01-2009, 02:50
For a start, I will first mention that this is a new server range and as such will obviously have teething problems to begin with.

Secondly, there is no "guarantee" on the deployment of servers. 72 hours is a guideline, not a guarantee. Also you won't be compensated because no SLA agreement has been broken, unfortunately.

However, despite the above I can understand your frustration. It might be worth sending an e-mail to Oles (oles@ovh.net) telling him in a few lines as possible (he hates stories, spare him the drama), and include your name, NIC handle and server name, and he will look into it for you.

I will say one thing however, that posting such a review on webhostingtalk so promptly isn't a very good thing to do. The range is new, and any hosting company is bound to have problems while they're ironed out. Give it a little patience and persevere, you won't be disappointed when its finally working as it should. If after 2 weeks you haven't got your server working, then I'd consider a bad review, but until then, hold on. You have to remember that some hosting companies take a fair few days even at off-peak times of the year to deploy servers.

Ixel
02-01-2009, 22:56
This post can be disregarded now, as I received the server last night at 1am roughly.