OVH Community, your new community space.

Legal Torrents

kylepmorris
08-11-2016, 08:20
Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
Hello!

I heard that OVH is suspending servers that are hosting illegal torrents.

I want to download a legal torrent with torrentflux. I donīt want that my server get deleted, my server is important for a video portal.

Best regards,
nitramf
I am using Torrent VPN for it, to be safe from ban I recommend you to use VPN for legal or illegal torrenting. If you want to know more about it read this guide on Most Secure Torrent VPN.

wackomoo
07-01-2009, 20:48
Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you!

Neil
07-01-2009, 11:26
Quote Originally Posted by wackomoo
What do you do when, for example, DMCA notices arrive? I've received them in the past (other places, other hosts, other projects) and they were for the wrong reasons - one was for music that i was distributing for the label, and one was for a game mod (which was also legal for me to host).
It depends on each case, we look into each one, but the customer is always contacted first so if you feel or are right then you can discuss it with us.

wackomoo
07-01-2009, 10:55
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Yes Legal torrents are fine, it is a great Protocol and is slowly been used for more legal use and it is important to support it.

However if it is used for illegal activity then you will receive a warning, please note it might not even be three warnings, you should remove it on the first.
What do you do when, for example, DMCA notices arrive? I've received them in the past (other places, other hosts, other projects) and they were for the wrong reasons - one was for music that i was distributing for the label, and one was for a game mod (which was also legal for me to host).

Neil
06-01-2009, 11:50
Yes Legal torrents are fine, it is a great Protocol and is slowly been used for more legal use and it is important to support it.

However if it is used for illegal activity then you will receive a warning, please note it might not even be three warnings, you should remove it on the first.

Andy
05-01-2009, 23:22
Legal torrents are fine. OVH only seem to take down servers that are reported to them by authorities or other people for torrenting copyright material. If the copyright belongs to you, or you have permission to distribute it, you're fine.

unclebob
05-01-2009, 20:56
hehehe, no problem :P

nitramf
05-01-2009, 20:53
Oh dude, shame on me

Thank you

unclebob
05-01-2009, 20:50
Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
I have my server at ovh germany, I hope this make no difference.

The german forum has at the registration the question how many corners a triangle has. 3 is not the correct answer?
Maybe it's "drei" rather than "3"?

nitramf
05-01-2009, 20:47
I have my server at ovh germany, I hope this make no difference.

The german forum has at the registration the question how many corners a triangle has. 3 is not the correct answer?

unclebob
05-01-2009, 20:44
As far as I know, you get three warnings and then your server is taken offline. You would only receive a warning if OVH are alerted to copyright infringement by the relevant authorities. Obviously, because you are not breaking copyright law this would not happen so you can download legal torrents freely

That's just what I've heard though... you may want to verify this by emailing OVH

nitramf
05-01-2009, 20:29
Hello!

I heard that OVH is suspending servers that are hosting illegal torrents.

I want to download a legal torrent with torrentflux. I donīt want that my server get deleted, my server is important for a video portal.

Best regards,
nitramf