We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Why sell a gigaserver that will not be on a gbit line?


Coxy69
10-04-2008, 02:29


Please for the love of god. Lock this thread, its no longer useful and spiraling into a pi$$ing contest.

Nettus
10-04-2008, 00:59
Lame exuses.

Enough!!! admin can ya lock this thread now ?


Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
haha.. get a girlfriend and a life u photoshop n00b.. Notice how you have to use a download manager.. not everyone uses a download manager.. meaning everyone gets a slow download if they havent got one. Makes sense

and if you ever get short of cash.. just rent your mum out.. mite make a few pence.

Andy
10-04-2008, 00:26
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
lmao.. you and your bumboys.. i no what you mean about life being a barrel of laughs tho when your talking to "andy" because your a complete joke..

Bye Bye you spotty **** lol
Nice knowing you too...

Andy
10-04-2008, 00:16
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
haha.. get a girlfriend and a life u photoshop n00b..
Again, I prove my point of how much of an ***** you are.

Do you think I had enough time to work out how long it would take to download at that speed, photoshop it in and upload it to display here? You're a bigger fool than I thought. I think its you that should get a girlfriend. Infact, no, just get a life in general instead of coming on forums and flaming everyone because you can't accept that what you know and posted is wrong.

You might be asking why I am flaming too. Well, personally I'm quite happy here where I am providing entertainment to the hundreds of people I just gave the link to this topic on my forum. They're all having a mighty good laugh at you now.

and if you ever get short of cash.. just rent your mum out.. mite make a few pence.
Funny that, an insult about my family from a guy who doesn't even know me. Isn't life a barrel of laughs.

JALZOO
10-04-2008, 00:13
Quote Originally Posted by Andy


I kicked everyone off for a minute while I proved to you it could be done. Now are you happy? Oh wait, no, you're an *****, you'll never be happy.
haha.. get a girlfriend and a life u photoshop n00b.. Notice how you have to use a download manager.. not everyone uses a download manager.. meaning everyone gets a slow download if they havent got one. Makes sense

and if you ever get short of cash.. just rent your mum out.. mite make a few pence.

Andy
10-04-2008, 00:12


I kicked everyone off for a minute while I proved to you it could be done. Now are you happy? Oh wait, no, you're an *****, you'll never be happy.

JALZOO
10-04-2008, 00:08
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I can host off a 4Mbps virgin connection and I have hosted off a 4Mbps virgin connection. Its not all that hard. If you didn't have the money, you might have considered the same thing.

I personally have no issues with Virgin Media, but that is not the point of this topic.

Now I'm not scared to post a screenshot, so here you go.



Note however that the connection is being used by my family at the same time I downloaded that.

And here is a graph from the last 24 hours.



Good enough for you?
ROFL i knew you were gonna say it was being used by the rest of your family.. or some other lame excuse. ok dude i really believe you!! NOT!

Andy
10-04-2008, 00:04
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
No actually.. i have respect for alot of people, just not someone who insults me also.. And i cannot believe you called me an ***** when your really the nerd that thinks he can host a server on 4mb virginmedia.. and even document it on a website!? what were you thinking?.. and its an obvious lie that you get a constant speed during peak hours on virginmedia.. I was on virginmedia 4mb ages ago and it was rubbish upgraded to 20mb and its still rubbish so stop being a little kid and admit the truth.. double dare you to upload a screen shot of your "100mb" test file downloading on your super speedy "4mb" connection..
I can host off a 4Mbps virgin connection and I have hosted off a 4Mbps virgin connection. Its not all that hard. If you didn't have the money, you might have considered the same thing.

I personally have no issues with Virgin Media, but that is not the point of this topic.

Now I'm not scared to post a screenshot, so here you go.



Note however that the connection is being used by my family at the same time I downloaded that.

And here is a graph from the last 24 hours.



Good enough for you?

JALZOO
09-04-2008, 23:52
No actually.. i have respect for alot of people, just not someone who insults me also.. And i cannot believe you called me an ***** when your really the nerd that thinks he can host a server on 4mb virginmedia.. and even document it on a website!? what were you thinking?.. and its an obvious lie that you get a constant speed during peak hours on virginmedia.. I was on virginmedia 4mb ages ago and it was rubbish upgraded to 20mb and its still rubbish so stop being a little kid and admit the truth.. double dare you to upload a screen shot of your "100mb" test file downloading on your super speedy "4mb" connection..

Andy
09-04-2008, 23:48
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
Thanks for wasting your time writing all that.. im not going to waste mine reading it..

Have a nice evening n00b
Further proof that you are in fact an ***** with little regard for other people and that you cannot accept that we are right and you are wrong.

JALZOO
09-04-2008, 23:47
Thanks for wasting your time writing all that.. im not going to waste mine reading it..

Have a nice evening n00b

Andy
09-04-2008, 23:31
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
No im really not kidding at all.. i havent had any down time in 2 months.. i can get a constant stable speed.. its reliable and the support is fine never had a problem with that. dedimove.com is a reseller of dedibox.fr.. dedibox.fr is only avalible in france thats why dedimove resells as they are french based but expanded for european users. Main reason why i got a dedimove server is becase they have a DECENT peering to london UK, UNLIKE SOME!! ( OVH ). Pinging from a dedimove server to the uk it gets 6ms at the most.. now do it with ovh and tell me what you get?.. dont nock it till you tried it mate and i tried ovh and thought they were rubbish.. my opionion.

And andy shutup mate.. dont you think ive heard all that **** you just typed before?..

Ive litrally max'd out my dedimove server at a constant 10mb/s most ive upped is about 10TB in a month and your giving me all this rubbish about FUP.. move on get over it and stop wasting your life chatting about something you have never tried.. Honestly tell me what speed you download from your ovh server at?.. bet it is no were near your actual internet speed. Why dont i no anything about linux?.. why the hell would i need to no anything about linux to get crappy speeds?.. ive been using linux even before you was suckin on your muma's tit. Oh and why are you running a server on a 4mb/400k internet connection?..
Who said I was running a server on my broadband? That was over 2 years ago when I did that and it was for personal use only, and I did it because I didn't have the money at the time to buy a dedicated server, and I was hosting one simple website of which 4Mbps/400Kbps was plenty for. I got 99.95% uptime over the two years I ran it for. What's it to you anyway?

Has anyone noticed on the website this guy talks about it says "100mbits SHARED"?

For a start, "mbits" is not a professional term. It is a term used by somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. Secondly, "SHARED" means there is 100Mbps of bandwidth between however many servers there are in the rack.

OVH provides 100Mbps bandwidth guaranteed per server. It is not in any way shared. I can max out my OVH server with 100Mbps up or down as much and as often as I like no problem what so ever. Want proof? Sure, I'll provide it if you want it. Also for your information, I've been maxing out my 4Mbps connection to home for nearly 48 hours now from my dedi downloading all of my data as a backup. Its speeds are stable except why my connection gets throttled for 5 hours at peak times by my ISP. Even then it remains at a stable throttled speed. I have also maxed out my OVH's connection to a client of mine in Sweden who took a backup of my data for safe keeping. He maxed out 100Mbps for around 8 hours no problem at all.

I really think you should get your facts straight before you jump the gun and insult the people that run this comapny.

EDIT: One more thing to add after looking at that site again; "VIA CPU". Worst CPU ever made if you ask me. A friend of mine had one and it performed stupidly slow compared to a 2.4GHz Pentium IV he had at the same time. Cheap hardware, cheap connection. Says something really doesn't it. They're out to make as much profit as possible, not give customer satisfaction. Total opposite of OVH.

R0b
09-04-2008, 23:03
@all - I didnt really want to have to post in here but I think this thread is maybe getting a little out of control? I mean we have gone from problems with a Gbit server (which have now been resolved) to FUP to Questions about support and now to disagreements with Windows and Linux.

Personally working as Network Admin for ISP in Spain you see a lot of things of this nature. You will always have people with a preference of Windows over Linux (or vice versa), not becuase they are thick, simply because the user interface is friendly to them and allows them to complete what they are aiming to do (it also means they may possibly prefer to steer clear of the ins and outs of Linux).

The same as you will always have people with a preference of Pentium over AMD, that is why in the world there are many manufacturers and many companies offering a variety of services. If there were only one type of "anything" in the world well... it would be a pretty boring place don't you think?

The whole point of forums is for people to share their experiences (without insulting people personally), but then it is up to potential customers and readers to make their own decisions.

I'm not sure if any moderators want to maybe close this thread? Simply because it is now becoming a muddled thread of various discussions.

Regards to all.....

R0b

Bruno
09-04-2008, 22:14
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
dedibox.fr.. dedibox.fr is only avalible in france thats why dedimove resells as they are french based but expanded for european users. Main reason why i got a dedimove server is becase they have a DECENT peering to london UK, UNLIKE SOME!! ( OVH ). Pinging from a dedimove server to the uk it gets 6ms
LOL. Dedibox is a poor service created by a french ISP. They have a lot of problems because they are not professionnals on this market, unlike Ovh.

So, after this funny break, what are your problems ? Do you have traceroutes, pings, your server name ? Where is the usefull information ?

JALZOO
09-04-2008, 22:00
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
There is nothing wrong with windows, So withdraw that comment.

There are some apps that "cannot" Be run on a linux machine, They are used for the same purpose. Its just that linux you can do a lot more things on then windows.

By everyone using xp on thier home computer, servers etc your calling stupid? What are you using as your pc's desktop?




JALZOO - Your kidding me right? Thier site is poorly designed! In my views, lack of design, lack of care from thier support.
No im really not kidding at all.. i havent had any down time in 2 months.. i can get a constant stable speed.. its reliable and the support is fine never had a problem with that. dedimove.com is a reseller of dedibox.fr.. dedibox.fr is only avalible in france thats why dedimove resells as they are french based but expanded for european users. Main reason why i got a dedimove server is becase they have a DECENT peering to london UK, UNLIKE SOME!! ( OVH ). Pinging from a dedimove server to the uk it gets 6ms at the most.. now do it with ovh and tell me what you get?.. dont nock it till you tried it mate and i tried ovh and thought they were rubbish.. my opionion.

And andy shutup mate.. dont you think ive heard all that **** you just typed before?..

Ive litrally max'd out my dedimove server at a constant 10mb/s most ive upped is about 10TB in a month and your giving me all this rubbish about FUP.. move on get over it and stop wasting your life chatting about something you have never tried.. Honestly tell me what speed you download from your ovh server at?.. bet it is no were near your actual internet speed. Why dont i no anything about linux?.. why the hell would i need to no anything about linux to get crappy speeds?.. ive been using linux even before you was suckin on your muma's tit. Oh and why are you running a server on a 4mb/400k internet connection?..

Nettus
09-04-2008, 21:46
There is nothing wrong with windows, So withdraw that comment.

There are some apps that "cannot" Be run on a linux machine, They are used for the same purpose. Its just that linux you can do a lot more things on then windows.

By everyone using xp on thier home computer, servers etc your calling stupid? What are you using as your pc's desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno
XP is for people who are too stupid to use Linux/UNIX. You seem to be one of them.


SLA is not noSLA.

JALZOO - Your kidding me right? Thier site is poorly designed! In my views, lack of design, lack of care from thier support.

Andy
09-04-2008, 21:31
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
I never was happy with my OVH servers i had a kimsufi and 100mb L+. Speed was rubbish.. id rather have cheap server componants and a decent network.. i have a www.dedimove.com server now and i have excellent speeds constantly, they have great peerings, lots of operating systems to install VIA web panel INLUCDING WINDOWS XP!.. And best thing of all there unlimited and YOU DONT GET YOUR INTERNET CAPPED AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE DAY. K BYE OVH
1. The speed is fine, you just didn't know how to use Linux by the sound of it.

2. OVH does not use cheap components and they have one of the best built networks in the world with some of the best peering and carriers too.

3. OVH only supplies operating systems that are stable in a server environment. This minimises downtime and disruption, and wasted time for technicians when they find a server that is down due to the fact that the operating is not stable enough for a server environment. Its also down to licensing issues for Windows OS's. I can almost certainly bet the datacenter offering Windows XP is breaking some sort of licensing conditions.

4. OVH include control panels if you need one with all of their operating systems.

5. OVH never caps speed unless you are on noSLA. If you are on noSLA then you are using an unreasonable amount of bandwidth, but you can still use it anyway, but with certain limits that will not affect 99% of users. No providor can provide a truely unlimited connection without incurring totally unreasonable costs to themselves. OVH manages to give such bandwidth and gives it no cap because they have such a well built network and good relationships with their carriers. However it does still cost them around €1000 for the 33TB possible bandwidth on a 100Mbps server if you max it out for 1 month. This is WAY above the price you actually pay for the server so I'd say you're getting pretty good value for money.

Most providors will give you 100Mbps unlimited subject to FUP (Fair Usage Policy). OVH have no such policy because they take other measures to ensure they can provide to you the bandwidth.

Bruno
09-04-2008, 20:12
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
web panel INLUCDING WINDOWS XP!..
XP is for people who are too stupid to use Linux/UNIX. You seem to be one of them.

thing of all there unlimited and YOU DONT GET YOUR INTERNET CAPPED AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE DAY. K BYE OVH
SLA is not noSLA.

JALZOO
09-04-2008, 20:04
I never was happy with my OVH servers i had a kimsufi and 100mb L+. Speed was rubbish.. id rather have cheap server componants and a decent network.. i have a www.dedimove.com server now and i have excellent speeds constantly, they have great peerings, lots of operating systems to install VIA web panel INLUCDING WINDOWS XP!.. And best thing of all there unlimited and YOU DONT GET YOUR INTERNET CAPPED AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE DAY. K BYE OVH

S0phie
09-04-2008, 17:42
You allowed yourself to be insulting on the forum. OVH has always promoted transparency and you are quite free to complain on this forum if you think it is appropriate to do so. There is very little moderation on our forums, however, the insults have no place here, so as a moderator I cannot allow aggressive behaviour. I would also like to point out that to get a speedy resolution, a problem is calmly and precisely explained with a minimum amount of additional information and a maximum amount of specific. Please stay respectful.

Marco
09-04-2008, 17:41
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
Oles still don't get it, as I posted about 3 days ago that the issue was resolved, yet he still *****es that I have not given him any information. IP address: 91.121.132.103
Server name: ns201532.ovh.net
Oles asked for proof of what you are saying, because providing your server name and IP number, there was no error found as stated on many occasions.
We are happy that you now agree with the fact that "the issue no longer exists" and I believe that your friend can finally enjoy his server, which is the purpose that we all aim for.

Scott Curtis
09-04-2008, 17:13
Quote Originally Posted by Bruno
Why do you write a novel when Octave asks you technical informations ?
Because there was no question! The issue is solved. Read the stuff before posting, Jesus Christ you people can be simple.

Scott Curtis
09-04-2008, 17:10
I did that. I was asked to give my IP address and the machine number and I have done so numerous times already. The post did not get long until I was required to go to great lengths to ensure that the problem was understood and by the looks of his post, Oles still don't get it, as I posted about 3 days ago that the issue was resolved, yet he still *****es that I have not given him any information. IP address: 91.121.132.103
Server name: ns201532.ovh.net

@ sledge0303 Then he should have asked for that information! To use your analogy, your garage mechanic will ask you the questions he needs answers to in order to troubleshoot your vehicle. If you already knew what questions to ask yourself then you probably wouldn't need the mechanic now would you! How you figure that I made a mistake by not giving Oles something that he did not ask for is a flawed leap of logic.

Either way it don't matter anymore, it is not an issue any longer.

Nettus
09-04-2008, 14:39
Scott Curtis - Instead of writing long messages which i cant be bothered to read all the time how about keeping it short by providing your server name and what your problem is instead of going on about jibberish?

sledge0303
09-04-2008, 09:44
Hey...
cool down and go back to relevance.

Dear Scott Curtis.
You have done one mistake. In case you have something to complain about, you should serve some proofs and results WHY you might see reasons to complain.
I have had similar problems and in case Oles asks for 'proofs' and no 'nonsense blabla' means... send him traceroutes and speed results by downloading files from your server and own downloads by using your own server.

Code:
server --> home
home --> server
File downloads by using wget (Linux), FTP or httpd (Windooze). In case it is rather slow --> add a traceroute too.

Ask British OVH support crew for testing speed, other OVH customers as well and they all should post results here. In case there are really speed problems with server, you should be willing to do something for that 'error' investigations...IOW: always describe problems very well.
You can explain and complain about whatever you want but should deliver own experiences and results to OVH for make sure they can start an investigation for the problems you have reported.
Back to my mentioned 'similar problem with routing/speed': have had e-mailed oles only once with all these mentioned informations and about 25min later I received reply by him with content like 'thanks for information, your problem got fixed, have changed routing a bit'.

Think about, you are mechanic at the garage next corner. A mercedes driver comes to you, hands out key and only one information about it... my car doesn't drive fine, please fix asap and leaves you without any further informations about.
That's not fair, I think.

Greetz Thomas

oles@ovh.net
09-04-2008, 07:46
Nettus a écrit:
>
> I like the service. But i dont agree on your comment, Anyone working for
> a company must show a professional attiude to customers no matter if
> they are rude. Makes you better then they are


I try to say him to post the technical informations. but he doesn't
hear me. tell me how can I get the technical information from this
guy ? I try in the differents ways, but it doesn't work. he writes
100 lines where I ask him 3 lines. any idea what have I say him to
get 3 lines of technical informations ? please give me the right
text that I have to post to get it.


Bruno
09-04-2008, 07:28
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
@ Andy, Nettus, and Oles - This has not been
Why do you write a novel when Octave asks you technical informations ?

Scott Curtis
09-04-2008, 06:51
@ Andy, Nettus, and Oles - This has not been about network utilization since there was never any traffic to speak of to "manage" and yes, I do understand what was being said and I understand networks cannot guarantee any speeds but their own, that is not the heart of my problem it never was. Oles asked for the IP or the server name on a few different occasions when they had already been given more than once as well, we received no reply to our query on how to reconfigure the HDD from a RAID 1 configuration other than "RAID 1 is the best most secure configuration and it is recommended". We didn't ask what it was, we asked how to take it out of the RAID 1 configuration. We asked this because the initial trial runs showed that perhaps this was not the best option for us and this action was suggested by OVH tech support, because the server was incapable of uploading and downloading somewhat large files at the same time with any decent speed, and that perhaps it was due the HDD not being able to write and read fast enough because of the RAID 1 HDD set up. Keeping that in mind, it was rather frustrating that OVH tech support would suggest that course of action, then not respond with an answer on how to do it when asked.

Once I found out from another source how to "break RAID 1" and eliminated that as a source for the poor performance of the server it was brought to my attention by another OVH customer who was setting up the Debian OS for us to perhaps get even better performance than we would get with a Windows Server 2003 configuration, (I know nothing of Linux, so we sought help from someone versed in Linux) that our gigaserver was not able to transfer the test file with speed above 12.5 mb/s which is far below what a gbit connection should be able to do. When this was brought to OVH's attention it was then that the SLA was suggested as the reason even though it was clearly stated that this was from another OVH gigaserver within the network to a server that could not have possibly been anywhere near the 101mbps limit to have the SLA come into effect since it was not in use. I cannot and would not claim to be an expert on networks or the confusing facets of the SLA but I do know enough to be sure of these things. I was never asked to provide anything other than a IP address and a machine name (repeatedly asked and repeatedly given) until the last 2 post made by Oles after I stated that evidently the Gbit connection had been finally fixed or made, and I asked what had been done to resolve this. I never had the test files data in my possession and was going on data supplied verbally to me. If I had been asked for a copy of this information, I would have gotten it and most assuredly would have given this information to OVH. So what you may call see as "moaning" I see as stating my awful experience with the OVH tech support staff and the clear lack of effective communication. I am not a mind reader, no more than Oles can see if there is a problem without hard data to look at, I supplied what was asked of me, if more had been asked of me then I would have gone to any lengths to provide what was needed, as it stands I was asked for the IP address and the machine name that's it, and that is what I provided. I am in fact "moving on" as stated in a previous post once the problem appeared to be resolved. I already have another server up and running great in less than an hour with another provider. Nobody is more disappointed in this whole matter than me as I had heard some really good things about OVH, and was looking forward to use of a gigaserver for mine and my friends needs. It is in my experience however that effective communication, actually listening to customers issues, and the problems they are experiencing are not among the great things they are capable of. Oles would be well advised to ask for exactly what he needs or wants in the future and be a bit better versed in what the customer has been saying as in our case for more than a week before just asking for an IP address and a machine name. Solving problems is not always as easy as crunching numbers or looking at a data printout, one needs to understand the problems before one can take the steps required to solve them. I spent my entire career as an electronics engineer, with many of them in the field, dealing with customers whose problems were not as easy to solve as looking at the "numbers" and finding a problem, you need to listen to what the customer is seeing and expecting, then relate that to what they should be seeing and expecting, then perhaps an answer is more readily available, or evident. Hopefully this has not been too much "blah blah" for you Oles, it takes more to satisfy customers than just having servers available for mass consumption, you need to learn to listen to what they are experiencing before jumping to conclusions and you need to learn to ask for what tools or data you truly need in order to properly address the concerns. In this OVH has failed miserably, the level of frustration that I have experienced with them is beyond mere words ability to convey. You would be well advised to read this thread from the very beginning to try and see what the problems have truly been and then you might better understand my frustration with OVH and it's staff.

Nettus
09-04-2008, 01:17
I like the service. But i dont agree on your comment, Anyone working for a company must show a professional attiude to customers no matter if they are rude. Makes you better then they are

Scott Curtis - If you have a problem with the service then there are other providers out there. Stop moaning and get on with your life


oles@ovh.net - blah blah blah what is that about




Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Scott Curtis a écrit:

"blablabla". no technical information. why ? because you have no
technical problem. you like to "blabla". okey. so "blabla". but all
you will be able to do is to "blabla". because you aren't able to
make a single proof of the technical problem. all your "blabla" is
"what you feel" "what it should be" "what you think" "what you
except". only your subjective point of view. no technical point of
view. no objectif point of view. you talk like the french people
about your feelings. talk like engligh people ! about the proofs
of the technical problems ! and I will anwser you with the technicals
informations !

oles@ovh.net
09-04-2008, 00:18
Scott Curtis a écrit:

"blablabla". no technical information. why ? because you have no
technical problem. you like to "blabla". okey. so "blabla". but all
you will be able to do is to "blabla". because you aren't able to
make a single proof of the technical problem. all your "blabla" is
"what you feel" "what it should be" "what you think" "what you
except". only your subjective point of view. no technical point of
view. no objectif point of view. you talk like the french people
about your feelings. talk like engligh people ! about the proofs
of the technical problems ! and I will anwser you with the technicals
informations !


Andy
08-04-2008, 19:27
Scott Curtis, it is obvious that you are unhappy with the services OVH are offering. If this is the case, instead of ranting about it, actually try giving the information asked for and nothing else. If oles is a moron, why is it that he owns Frances biggest datacenter? Ask yourself that before opening your mouth. OVH is the best datacenter I have used so far for my hosting services, and I've had my fair share of datacenter uses globally. From what I have read in your complaints you obviously have no understanding of networks or network utilisation or you would understand what is being said.

My final word is that if you're this unhappy, it would probably be wise to look elsewhere as personal insults generally not accepted. You should be lucky you have been helped as much as you have so far.

Note: No, I am not a moderator, and no I do not work on behalf of OVH, but I think its in their best interests to have people who accept them for who they are and what they can offer, and not people who moan about every little thing and result to personal insults.

Scott Curtis
08-04-2008, 19:15
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
>

still "blablabla".

where are the proofs ? what are the IP ? the traceroute ? the "wget" ?
do you have the logs ? any ssh/shell outputs to make a single proof
except "blablabla" ?
Are you really that friggin stupid Oles? Did you not read anything that has been posted here and understand it? I have post the IP address, the system name, and many other pieces of info that would have let even Helen Keller find the server!

If you had bothered to read the last post that I made and the edit to it you would have seen that the issue had finally been resolved. The person who has the OVH Gigaserver was finally able to get a file to transfer at the expected rate.

You have been too worried about making post to threads that you thought would put the issue to bed instead of actually listening to the customer complaint and trying to resolve it, instead you choose to repeat the mantra that OVH is not ever wrong and that I am not giving you enough information. Hell man, even other members of the forum could see the address and the machine name they even said so yet you stumble blindly forward stating that all I am giving you is "blah blah", do you need me to come and type in the IP address for you, are you really that big of an *****? Judging by your pompous attitude I am willing to bet that you are French because you have not listened to a damn thing that was said here the last few pages instead you have focused on denial. You really should consider a different career because your problem solving skills leave a lot to be desired little man, you also need to learn to listen to the customer complaints not just see a complaint and get all defensive. In the last 2 weeks you have been about as useful as tits on a boar hog to me. I shudder to think that OVH actually pays you a salary. In the last 24 hours I have received a server from a competitor of OVH and in less than 30 minutes I had it up and running perfectly! Time it takes to get the OVH server running: 2 weeks! Gee I wonder which is a better deal? This is going to be a one and done for us guys I can't believe how much crap we have had to endure to get 1 server up, two weeks is ridiculous! A waste of my time and money thanks for nothing! Ole, I have never in my life had the displeasure of dealing with a bigger moron than you. Let me tell you that is really impressive because I have dealt with a lot of morons in my 42 years of life on this planet but you are the biggest, congrats!

oles@ovh.net
07-04-2008, 23:44
TaiLZ a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;2080 Wrote:
>> > Im not saying Scott should expect 125mb/s speed, but he should at one
>> > point go past the 12.5mb/s and expect to reach 20,30-40mb/s

>> sometimes.
>>
>> is he able to create more that 100Mbps ??
>>
>> what is you ip ? I will check the MRTG in manager.

>
> Obviously not as he has pointed out, his IP is as posted above -
> 91.121.132.103


91.121.132.103 alias ns201532.ovh.net has no traffic problems.
you make 130Mbps. if you can't make more it's because you aren't
able to do it.


oles@ovh.net
07-04-2008, 23:44
> OVH NETWORK GIGASERVER THAT IS FROM ANOTHER OVH CUSTOMER. I even typed

still "blablabla".

where are the proofs ? what are the IP ? the traceroute ? the "wget" ?
do you have the logs ? any ssh/shell outputs to make a single proof
except "blablabla" ?


Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 19:01
I have solved the RAID issue and I believe that has been mentioned I am not going to take the time to go back and find that particular post as I have wasted too much time with this problem, as it is and I cannot help it if you cannot follow along with the problems of one particular account.

The post I made about the RPS is a completely different issue all together. I am not an *****, why would I ask for a refund for a free product, that is just stupid.

I really don't understand how you get that part confused anyway, one is posted in the RPS section and this one is clearly titled about a Gigaserver so tell me how this is so confusing to you hmmm?

The letters were in fact not answered in a timely and precise manner. I am the one who wrote them and sent them to you, from our shared email for this "service" you have (not) provided. I am aware of every document that come and goes through that email provider, but perhaps we will talk about having you call me directly because you are either not understanding the issue or not wanting to understand the issue I can't tell anymore.

To be clear, screw the RAID it is solved, screw the RPS it was never part of the issue and a completely different subject, screw the fact that the server is being remote desktop connected from the US, Quebec, and Australia as no data transfer speeds are being complained about to these sites. The speeds that are in question is the different sites that the data is being gathered from or in this particular instance from again: a OVH supplied network gigaserver that sent a file to our OVH gigaserver from his OVH supplied gigaserver, do you understand that? I may be remotely connecting to the server from there but I am not testing the server speed nor making my statements about server speed based on anything I am getting to a US based PC connection. The speeds that we are seeing are in fact from (OK once again, try and follow me here) A OVH NETWORK GIGASERVER THAT IS FROM ANOTHER OVH CUSTOMER. I even typed that slowly so you could follow along, the speed we are quoting to you is not based on a speed seen in Oklahoma, Brazil, or even Quebec, but from a INTERNAL OVH NETWORK CUSTOMERS GIGASERVER. I understand that other networks have different speeds this is from your own network so why is that too hard for you to understand? I feel like I am stuck in the old Abbott and Costello "Who's on First?" routine here!


EDIT:

Congratulations you must have done something because now we are seeing th ecorrect speeds, I just got word that the speed is now correct, do you care to tell me what the issue was that needed correcting? Thank you, here is the PM I just received:


I'll do some more and extensive testing.
Hey man, I got good news! It appears to be running at gbit now. Here are the avg. speed results from about 80+ rars:

Transferred 87 files totaling 3,92 GB in 3 minutes 14 seconds (24.467,4 KB/s)

Keep in mind though, it was running multiple items at the same time. I guess they changed your speed cap after your complaint.

I am curious as to what was wrong.

Allot
07-04-2008, 17:45



You have raised many issues that are mixed together and now have confused yourself, from talking about bandwidth and RAID to discussing what your friends say, all scattered around in different posts. In order to get clear answers you need to present clear information.

With regards to your point about us stating "no technical information - no help" and then you stating that this is "Typical OVH tech support" how can we begin to help anyone to find the best solution without them first explaining the problem properly. You should understand that we do not want to give incorrect information and want to therefore be clear on what the problem is before giving just any answer. For example, have a look at just some of the times we ask for details.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=95
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=117
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ight=reinstall
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=125

We are good, but we are not mind readers.

Now to add more to this confusion by yourself, you have opened up another thread which is called "OVH is the best"

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104

Now let me make things clearer by moving onto your apparent problems with facts, not stories. You have outlined the following issues :

1. Bandwidth is not what "you expect from a Gbit connection"

This was already explained to you earlier on in this thread and you concluded by saying " Yes we get the SLA thing and it is good to know that it is not capped" and then you moved onto your issues with RAID. Even with this your server, bandwidth and router were checked again and there are NO faults.

Its simple. If you are in one of the countries we provide to (and not just your account with us saying UK but you connecting in the US), with a server that has 1gbit connection, then based on the time of day and the processes you have on the server, you will have up-to this amount. This does not mean that if you have a 2 mbit home broadband connection, you will get 1gbit as Andy explained also.

If you have carried out a test download of the ftp://ftp.ovh.net/test.bin onto your server, then you should have a accurate reading of your bandwidth. This is an internal OVH test for inside our network, it is up-to you to use it or not. If you carry out a test from outside our network and then get a undesirable result and try to blame our network then it would not be correct as the connection is limited by thier network, its not complicated. An accurate reading is NOT based on using other networks that we do not own. Everyone understands this concept.

2. Issues With RAID

This has nothing to do with the issues with bandwidth. This is the way that our disks are configured so that our customers do not loose their vital files in case of a disk failure. We do not recommend that you disable this, but if you choose to, it is your own responsibility. We do not want for the hard drive to fail and then be held accountable as all the data is lost. This is why we do not recommend or support it. This issue has already been discussed with you also.

3. Your Friends Problems / Refunds

You own a Free RPS and there is no refund for this as its FREE. Your friends server is owned by your friend, and his account details reflect this. Even with the issues you have raised we have discussed this with you, giving the fact that you do not own it, from what you say "you have access to it". All the emails from your "friend" have been replied to promptly and we discussed sensitive issues with the owner of the server. If you are a technical contact of the server, then i suggest that the owner changes this with your name in the Manager.


We regret that you feel that our customer satisfaction is "a foreign concept for us" as we rather you explain your problems clearly so we can give you a clear answer as we have done already many times now and as I have summarised to make it clear enough for you.


We have attempted to contact the owner of the service by phone already and could not get through, we invite the owner (or you, if the technical contact name is changed for the account) to call us at some point to discuss anything you do not understand.


Allot

Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 16:56
So tell me how isn't it a problem at your end when a OVH network gigaserver with a 2x 1gbit connection setup that is within the OVH NETWORK, not outside it so you can't say that you have no control over the speeds of other network connections, cannot send a test file that will exceed 12.5 mb/s? That sure as hell sounds like an internal issue with me, and quit stating the damn SLA it should not be in effect here the server had not been doing ANY traffic at the time of the test! Why do you insist on excuses I am just about done fighting with you and asking for help from someone who keeps insisting there is no problem. I think it is time to get in touch with the credit card company and deal with it that way. One more thing too I don't really think it should be needed to tell you the machine name on a ongoing 2 week old issue every damn time I post by this time, you should be seeing it in your sleep I would think, and that test you posted don't prove squat, only a complete moron would take an internal test from you guys or any server provider as the gospel always run an independent test, ALWAYS! I didn't run it anyway I know what speeds I am getting because I can see them every time I use it!

oles@ovh.net
07-04-2008, 16:44
> How many times do I need to send the server name? (ns201532.ovh.net) It

you have to send the server name in EACH post.

there is no problem with this server. you have full 1Gbps and
you aren't able to make more. It's not a problem on our side
just because making lot of Mbps it's not easy.
http://demo21.ovh.com/1607dcea4ed5d7...9c5cb8c3dd51P/



TaiLZ
07-04-2008, 16:43
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
> Im not saying Scott should expect 125mb/s speed, but he should at one
> point go past the 12.5mb/s and expect to reach 20,30-40mb/s sometimes.


is he able to create more that 100Mbps ??

what is you ip ? I will check the MRTG in manager.
Obviously not as he has pointed out, his IP is as posted above - 91.121.132.103

Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 16:21
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Scott Curtis a écrit:

can you send less "blabla" and more technical information ?
I guest you need a solution. the solution will not be find
out if you tell the "blabla" without any technical information.
If you aren't interesting in a solution, please tell me, so
I will search a solution for an another customer of mine.
How many times do I need to send the server name? Here it is again with the IP:

The server has been installed on the IP 91.121.132.103 Machine name is ns201532.ovh.net

It is right there on the first post in this thread and many other times to boot! So I don't see why your are stating that I am babbling at you, learn to comprehend what you read not just read it! I notice this a lot from you, especially when you are feeling a bit defensive. It's nice that 2 weeks into this that you are finally motivated enough to try and fix it though. By all means contact us at the customer email associated to this system if you need more bblah bblah though, I have been as thorough as humanly possible all through this ordeal but I will gladly tell you what you need to know as many times as needed for you to understand it and fix it.

Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 16:13
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
That's definately a 1000Mbps server, see my post here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1027&postcount=6
Dude, your SLA crap don't fly here man! That speed was taken with hardly any traffic going through the server at all it was still in the setup mode so why would it be limited by SLA when it wasn't doing anywhere near the 101 limit? This is ridiculous you keep going to that damn SLA like it's a magic shield, your catch all excuse for everything why the speeds suck and it is not correct in this case. Getting 12.5mb/s with a brand new server that has seen little to no traffic and you are already putting limitations on it? Gimme a break! It is not "DEFINITELY" running like a new Gigabit server that has seen no traffic should run! Now will you quit making excuses and fix the issue, Jesus Christ this is getting old, customer satisfaction must be a foreign concept to you people!

oles@ovh.net
07-04-2008, 15:00
Scott Curtis a écrit:

can you send less "blabla" and more technical information ?
I guest you need a solution. the solution will not be find
out if you tell the "blabla" without any technical information.
If you aren't interesting in a solution, please tell me, so
I will search a solution for an another customer of mine.


oles@ovh.net
07-04-2008, 14:58
> Im not saying Scott should expect 125mb/s speed, but he should at one
> point go past the 12.5mb/s and expect to reach 20,30-40mb/s sometimes.


is he able to create more that 100Mbps ??

what is you ip ? I will check the MRTG in manager.




TaiLZ
07-04-2008, 13:39
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
That's definately a 1000Mbps server, see my post here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1027&postcount=6
Im the person who asked Scott for a recommendation of OVH, and reading this is basically red light or green light really.

How is it a 1000mbps server if he only uses 12.5mb/s (100mbps) and hasn't exceeded the limit to get into this 'noSLA' thing which is 101mbps.

Your tech support has even said it's in SLA mode so it should support 1000mbps top speed.

Im not saying Scott should expect 125mb/s speed, but he should at one point go past the 12.5mb/s and expect to reach 20,30-40mb/s sometimes.

fozl
07-04-2008, 13:33
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
I believe my friend has requested the refund and his emails to the last of my knowledge have gone unanswered. I have copies of the emails if you would like for me to post them. Yes, I have only the trial RPS which I am also not impressed with btw, but I am a user/helper on the gigaserver in question, here is the name of the "gigaserver" that is not a gigaserver:

ns201532.ovh.net

Like I said someone who has a OVH gigaserver with 2x 1gb connections ran a test file from his gigaserver to this one and maxed the speeds out at 12.5 mb/s. Here are his exact words to me in a PM after he ran the test:

"I've noticed you were on a 100 mbit line btw? I noticed when I sent over some files from another OVH gbit to test if the zipscript was working properly. But I was only able to max it out at about 12 MB/s."

and when I told him that I had complained to OVH about this here is what he said I am going to ask him to come to this thread and verify these statements:

"Yeah, that blows :/. Hope they respond since it's really just 100 mbit atm."

So there ya have it kids, it is not me just making crap up and not knowing wtf I am talking about, a currently satisfied OVH customer telling me that the Gigaserver is not up to snuff just as I say it is not.
That's definately a 1000Mbps server, see my post here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1027&postcount=6

Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 12:38
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
From my information you only have one free RPS with us. Please explain which service you have requested a refund for, and for what reasons to customersupport@ovh.co.uk, so that we can deal with the issue.

Your friend will have to contact us himself regarding any issues he may have with a service, we simply can't support customers by hearsay.
I believe my friend has requested the refund and his emails to the last of my knowledge have gone unanswered. I have copies of the emails if you would like for me to post them. Yes, I have only the trial RPS which I am also not impressed with btw, but I am a user/helper on the gigaserver in question, here is the name of the "gigaserver" that is not a gigaserver:

ns201532.ovh.net

Like I said someone who has a OVH gigaserver with 2x 1gb connections ran a test file from his gigaserver to this one and maxed the speeds out at 12.5 mb/s. Here are his exact words to me in a PM after he ran the test:

"I've noticed you were on a 100 mbit line btw? I noticed when I sent over some files from another OVH gbit to test if the zipscript was working properly. But I was only able to max it out at about 12 MB/s."

and when I told him that I had complained to OVH about this here is what he said I am going to ask him to come to this thread and verify these statements:

"Yeah, that blows :/. Hope they respond since it's really just 100 mbit atm."

So there ya have it kids, it is not me just making crap up and not knowing wtf I am talking about, a currently satisfied OVH customer telling me that the Gigaserver is not up to snuff just as I say it is not.

Scott Curtis
07-04-2008, 12:19
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
He was not asking for help. He was stating the fact that 1Gbps is possible at OVH and that OVH are not liars.
Typical OVH tech support lol! You have made my point far better than I could have with all my ranting, this is a perfect example of the incompetence I have seen the dude was actually supporting these guys and stating a fact, and OVH tech support wanted to slap him for not providing technical info, once again failing to understand what is being told or stated. Perfect! Now do you see why I am so frustrated with this company? BTW I just received a PM from someone looking to purchase a server asking my opinion of the servers and of OVH overall, (he has no idea of this thread or what I have experienced..... YET) any guesses as to what my recommendation will be, lol!

Coxy69
06-04-2008, 13:20
im just saying im getting performance of 100MB and its a very good server dont get me wrong - in fact its an awesome server, i have had no problems with it hardware wise - all services seem to be working. Its just i dont seem to be getting the speed performances of everyone else.

I have recieved this email though
Quote Originally Posted by OVH
Object : bandwidth modification
Your Ref : ns27966.ovh.net
Nichandle : CD12569-OVH

London, 2008-3-31 11:0:12

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are currently managing the following server at OVH :
ns27966.ovh.net (91.121.90.36)
Server no 31922
Address MAC : 00:19:d1:a1:d9:1f
Rack no 07C11
Switch : 90.245(34)
Reboot no P13033(8)

We'd like to inform you that the bandwidth limit has been
modified on our routers and is now 1000000 Kbps.


For further information, please contact us at customersupport@ovh.co.uk.
Thank you for having confidence in us.

Yours faithfully,
OVH Client Service Panel
So i do own a GB server - i just wonder if there is a delay in the switching BW mode.

Quote Originally Posted by OVH Manager

Entry : 76.2 Mb/s
Exit : 27.8 Mb/s
I looked at the manager and it seems there may have been a delay in the switching over - im gonna do the FTP test.bin thing again

I just have to say i am really liking the service provided - the manager is one of the most comprehensive i have ever used. WD OVH

Andy
06-04-2008, 13:17
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
HANNApree a écrit:
>
> Hi i have 2 servers with ovh 1 is 100mbit and other is on 1Gbps on the


no technical information. no help.
He was not asking for help. He was stating the fact that 1Gbps is possible at OVH and that OVH are not liars.

oles@ovh.net
06-04-2008, 13:16
HANNApree a écrit:
>
> Hi i have 2 servers with ovh 1 is 100mbit and other is on 1Gbps on the


no technical information. no help.


HANNApree
06-04-2008, 12:53
Hi i have 2 servers with ovh 1 is 100mbit and other is on 1Gbps on the test of done on it i reached 220mbit download on ftp and about 80mbit upload at the same time But of only had it for a few days yet. so still need to test the upload see if it will push more so therfore its is 1Gbps. and for that price you can not ***** at ovh.
I can confirm i got 260mbit upload

Coxy69
06-04-2008, 08:38
well that ip is no longer owned by my friend so we would be unable to conduct the test again - im waiting for spacey to get another one [his last one had ftp packet problems]

oles@ovh.net
05-04-2008, 22:50
Coxy69 a écrit:
>
> well i tried ftping from 91.1xx.116.96 owned by a friend of mine and is


if you don't want to give me the IP to make the tests as you
test, I will never be able to see what you see and find out
why it arrives. until this moment, the problem for me doesn't
exist. you have to make the proof of the problem and not just
"tell a story".

Octave
from network team


Coxy69
05-04-2008, 16:40
well i tried ftping from 91.1xx.116.96 owned by a friend of mine and is a gb server provided by ovh to mine 91.1xx.90.36 which is a gb server also.

the test file i am reporting about though is the ftp://test.bin mentioned elsewhere in forum.

and the ip i used was 91.121.90.36 as with putty you remote to a machine and use that machines connection - so technically i was using OVH network - yet it failed to deliver cool results

oles@ovh.net
05-04-2008, 16:22
Coxy69 a écrit:
>
> i seem to be in a similar situation.
> now i rent one of ovh's gb/s servers but i am yet to see gb speeds. i
> grabbed the test file at 10MB/s which if i am to undestand correctly
> puts me on a 100MB line not a 1000MB line i paid for.


It's not the problem of our side. we propose 1Gbps, but does your
ISP propose it ? What is your IP that you can't make 1Gbps ?


Coxy69
05-04-2008, 16:05
i seem to be in a similar situation.
now i rent one of ovh's gb/s servers but i am yet to see gb speeds. i grabbed the test file at 10MB/s which if i am to undestand correctly puts me on a 100MB line not a 1000MB line i paid for.
my server is in SLA mode.
is there a setting i have to make in the manager- or is it summit the techs need to do?

thanks in advance

coxy

slayer2005
04-04-2008, 18:26
Hi scott

What guide to you follow to break the raid.
Any chance you could write a simple english version if you have time?

regards

fozl
04-04-2008, 18:24
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
Listen, the person who sent the file this morning is currently on the OVH Network with a 2x 1gbit connection set up on his server and it maxed out at 12.5mbs which equates into a 100mbit connection, it don't matter what it says in the friggin NIC that is what I have been telling OVH for a week now. The emails asking for a refund have been sidestepped with more non-answers. I will be happy to post these emails. I understand that outside of the OVH network that I will not be able to connect at 1gbit I get that part of it. This speed today is coming from another Gigaserver on the OVH network set up with 2 1gbit connections so I know for a fact it is not right. This is gettting ridiculous 1 week into a month long order and we got nothing but BS! Trust me I want this server to work, I had heard good things about OVH and had some good results at first with the free RPS they gave out for people to try but since the first few days with that it has been nothing but headaches, and runaround answers with no true "Tech Support" on the issues we have faced, this is not the kind of service I am used to getting for the amount of cash that was spent. If this was a $30-$40 VPN or something yeah so be it, but we are talking over $200 for crap that don't work as advertised! I would really prefer not to have to go to the CC company and use that route to find satisfaction but OVH is leaving us no other options.
From my information you only have one free RPS with us. Please explain which service you have requested a refund for, and for what reasons to customersupport@ovh.co.uk, so that we can deal with the issue.

Your friend will have to contact us himself regarding any issues he may have with a service, we simply can't support customers by hearsay.

Scott Curtis
04-04-2008, 16:44
Listen, the person who sent the file this morning is currently on the OVH Network with a 2x 1gbit connection set up on his server and it maxed out at 12.5mbs which equates into a 100mbit connection, it don't matter what it says in the friggin NIC that is what I have been telling OVH for a week now. The emails asking for a refund have been sidestepped with more non-answers. I will be happy to post these emails. I understand that outside of the OVH network that I will not be able to connect at 1gbit I get that part of it. This speed today is coming from another Gigaserver on the OVH network set up with 2 1gbit connections so I know for a fact it is not right. This is gettting ridiculous 1 week into a month long order and we got nothing but BS! Trust me I want this server to work, I had heard good things about OVH and had some good results at first with the free RPS they gave out for people to try but since the first few days with that it has been nothing but headaches, and runaround answers with no true "Tech Support" on the issues we have faced, this is not the kind of service I am used to getting for the amount of cash that was spent. If this was a $30-$40 VPN or something yeah so be it, but we are talking over $200 for crap that don't work as advertised! I would really prefer not to have to go to the CC company and use that route to find satisfaction but OVH is leaving us no other options.

Andy
04-04-2008, 14:21
So do you clowns still want to insist that it is on a Gbit connection and that the reason it will not test at a gbit speed is because I am on a non OVH network that will not handle the gbit connection?
This is exactly what they are saying. You should look on the server itself and see what the NIC connected speed is. If it says 1Gbps, you ARE on a 1Gbps connection. If it says 100Mbps, you ARE on a 100Mbps connection.

OVH are not liars. I may have only been with them since January, but this is when they opened their services to the UK. Since I got my server I have been more than happy with it. A friend of mine used to have 2x1Gbps servers and he frequently maxed them out.


Rest assured that the CC company will be informed and a charge back applied for, I am done jacking with you.
I'm sure everyone is sorry that this is the way it has to go, but I'm sure if you ring support they will issue a full refund given the circumstances. Nobody wants to get into a legal dispute, so try the standard methods before you result to this.

Scott Curtis
04-04-2008, 14:16
Well after a week of BS answers and no help from OVH I was able to break the Hard RAID 1 down and now have it as I want it. However, I never saw the video you talked about before getting this done so I have no idea if what you say is correct or not in regards to that, I only know what I have seen and what I have seen is that it will not upload and download at the same time with the configuration I had or even now with the RAID 1 no longer in effect. I have now switched over to a Debian Etch OS and will see if that helps. I have also received word form the person who did the setup for us that the server is in fact, NOT ON A GBIT CONNECTION! This person has a working gbit OVH server and transferred a file from his to ours and this is what he said:

" I've noticed you were on a 100 mbit line btw? I noticed when I sent over some files from another OVH gbit to test if the zipscript was working properly. But I was only able to max it out at about 12 MB/s."

So do you clowns still want to insist that it is on a Gbit connection and that the reason it will not test at a gbit speed is because I am on a non OVH network that will not handle the gbit connection? I am so tired of jacking with you people, my buddy and I have had this friggin thing for a week now with no absolutely no use for it, have gotten BS lies about how it is on a Git line but I am testing it outside of OVH network so I won't see the Gbit speed with it, and absolutely no useful help from OVH. We have asked for help, and it took you a matter of days to finally come out and say "OVH doesn't support anything other than RAID1 blah, blah, blah" This has to be the worst experience I have ever had with a company in my life! We have asked repeatedly for a refund and told you that we feel cheated and you don't have the balls to respond to that you keep feeding us BS and stringing it along, next you will say that we have had the server to long to give a refund huh? OVH in my opinion is about the worse company I have ever seen at customer service and tech support. You have your OVH fanboys answer tech questions for you first and then when it is not resolved you provide non-answers or BS runaround answers. Can you answer this one with out hurting yourselves, why do you insist on this crap and why will you not just give the refund requested? You have just stolen over $200 and provided an inferior service that has been nothing but a huge pain in the rear, who in their right mind would pay for this crap? We will be lodging a formal complaint against OVH if the refund is not forthcoming or this is not resolved. You have done nothing but give us the run around and I am tired of it, there are so many things I want to say but won't because I want other to see this post and learn about OVH and it's Mickey Mouse BS ways more than I want to insult OVH and it's policies. Rest assured that the CC company will be informed and a charge back applied for, I am done jacking with you.

slayer2005
02-04-2008, 19:00
OVH does not support any other RAID than RAID-1, RAID-1E or RAID5.

Raid 1 (mirrored) is much more secure as it mirrors the 2 hard drive into 1 giving a very close to 0% error probabilities. It's certainly the best solution. Raid 0 (stripped) is alot less secure as there's no redundancy, but the volume is of course twice as large.
Some customers have changed from RAID1 to RAID 0 and they have posted thesolution on this forum, but OVH doesn't recommend it and doesn't support it.

Although this is not the reason why your server cannot download and upload at the same time, as it should be able to. We have placed a file on your server's desktop in which it shows a video proving that you can either download and upload. Can you please check this and let me know for further details or misunderstanding?




I dont see why ovh shouldnt surport this.
It would be so much easier if you techs could do this for us as some are not gifted to doing this.
Surley if the customer does not want the hard raid surley then you can do it for us.
If we put it in writing would you do it!

regards

Marco
02-04-2008, 18:46
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
Marco,

Yes we get the SLA thing and it is good to know that it is not capped we were trying to figure out how to view that info. That still leaves us with the very real problem of getting this hard drive out of RAID 1 and into RAID 0 I guess is what it would be to eliminate the mirroring and allow the upload and download to happen simultaneously. Can you help get that done? That is what you yourself said is the reason why it is not uploading and downloading at the same time. We have done as much as we can to help this even by going so far as to self throttle the download speed to a paltry 2200kb/s in hopes that the upload would be able to kick in and start yet it will not do so. It will only either upload or download not do both at the same time, which makes it useless to us. We really need some support here not just reasons why but actual support. Thanks.
OVH does not support any other RAID than RAID-1, RAID-1E or RAID5.

Raid 1 (mirrored) is much more secure as it mirrors the 2 hard drive into 1 giving a very close to 0% error probabilities. It's certainly the best solution. Raid 0 (stripped) is alot less secure as there's no redundancy, but the volume is of course twice as large.
Some customers have changed from RAID1 to RAID 0 and they have posted thesolution on this forum, but OVH doesn't recommend it and doesn't support it.

Although this is not the reason why your server cannot download and upload at the same time, as it should be able to. We have placed a file on your server's desktop in which it shows a video proving that you can either download and upload. Can you please check this and let me know for further details or misunderstanding?

Marco
02-04-2008, 17:56
Quote Originally Posted by benji123
it looks like ovh have put a rate limit on the port however you wont be able to see that it is limited to 10mbps becase they used a comand via telnet to the switch
There is no limit in SLA mode.

benji123
02-04-2008, 16:28
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
My friend who is rather new to the world of servers is feeling the sting of the OVH runaround. He ordered a nice looking Gigaserver that was supposed to be connected to a 1gbit line from OVH and now after having possession of it for a about 3 or 4 days he finds out through their tech support (after about 3 separate emails before an answer) that the server is only getting speeds of 10mbit line and they try to point to the SLA (a habit of theirs I have noticed) as the reason why and say that it is because it is not on their network, (then why sell it to him? You knew he was in Quebec). Can you tell me why would anyone in their right mind spend over $200 Canadian on a "Gigaserver" to be put on a 10mbit line? Are you people insane what a scam! No response from OVH when he cries foul and ask for a refund as this is not what he ordered either, you guy's are first rate frauds. Here is a classic example of OVH customer service not answering a question with an out and out answer! Read the following email from OVH staff:

RE: [suivi] defect on ns201532.ovh.net server
From: customersupport@ovh.co.uk
Sent:
April 1, 2008 12:48:19 PM
Reply-to:
customersupport@ovh.co.uk

Dear Sir / Madam,
> >
> > The connection for your server is dedicated, but you do not have more than 10Mbps per connection. Also you need to know that can be a matter of connection outside OVH. For further details I advice you to look into this link: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=sla
> > and also this one: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=sla

My friends response to this utter trash was this:

"Well I hope you can help me with this if not, please forward to the person who can. Since this is not what I ordered I want a full refund. I ordered a MG08 Giga server with a 1gbit connection not a piece of crap with a 10mbs connection! This is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. If you cannot ensure the gigabit connection you should inform customers of this prior to taking their cash. Please contact me as soon as possible about a resolution to this issue. As it is I feel both betrayed and robbed by OVH."

No email, no phone call, nothing, but I bet that money is not going to be refunded as it should be either. They knew he was in Quebec as they made him verify this before they gave him the server! Are you going to tell me that they didn't anticipate this might be an issue, what crap! Why would you make an offer for a 1gbit line and not be able to back it up and if you can't back it up then give the man his money back. He has had a pretty useless server for only about 4 days, nobody would spend that kind of money for a server that only will get a 10mbit connection he would be better off getting a VPS or a Kimsufi for about $150 cheaper! This is truly sad and disturbing, what kind of company does business like this?

More finger pointing for the reason it is not their fault, while technically it seems that it may be correct, I am sure they knew this might be an issue sooner or later for this product yet no mention of this is made at anytime during the sale process, just now do they state, "oh yeah well that is only for simultaneous connections and right now there are not any other connections". No yes sir your correct, this makes no sense, let's give you a refund and make this right by you. Do the right thing OVH and give this guy his money back, clearly this is not what he ordered nor will it be used, this is crazy. Do you really expect your customers to always be on the OVH network for this product to work? Insane!

RE: [suivi] defect on ns201532.ovh.net server
From: customersupport@ovh.co.uk

Dear Sir / Madam,

The server has 1Gbps connection. You cannot download anyway to 1Gbps connection as outside OVH's network there are other network that do not permit the download at 1Gbps connection. 1Gbps connection it is meant to be for simultaneous connections, but with only 1 connection there is no way to do it nowadays to use 1Gbps.

If there is anything else you are unsure about, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be more than happy to help you.

Kind Regards,
Marco.
it looks like ovh have put a rate limit on the port however you wont be able to see that it is limited to 10mbps becase they used a comand via telnet to the switch

Scott Curtis
02-04-2008, 13:21
Marco,

Yes we get the SLA thing and it is good to know that it is not capped we were trying to figure out how to view that info. That still leaves us with the very real problem of getting this hard drive out of RAID 1 and into RAID 0 I guess is what it would be to eliminate the mirroring and allow the upload and download to happen simultaneously. Can you help get that done? That is what you yourself said is the reason why it is not uploading and downloading at the same time. We have done as much as we can to help this even by going so far as to self throttle the download speed to a paltry 2200kb/s in hopes that the upload would be able to kick in and start yet it will not do so. It will only either upload or download not do both at the same time, which makes it useless to us. We really need some support here not just reasons why but actual support. Thanks.

Marco
02-04-2008, 13:09
I must say that is a bit confusing. I'll try to make it clear:

Right now, if your server is on SLA mode, which is the case of the server ns201532.ovh.net mentioned above, you will get no cap at all on its bandwidth. Therefore your server is allowed to use the whole bandwidth provided.

If this server will exceed 100Mbps of transit, it will be capped in this way:
- from 5pm to 11pm, we limit the traffic very strongly
- from 9am to 5pm and from 11pm to 1am, we limit the traffic very
lightly but there is some limitations
- from 1am to 9am, we don't limit the traffic (like SLA).
It's perfect for the the download services, youtube-like services.
From 1am to 9am, the customers can get 10Gbps or more on 50-80
dedicated servers.

Nowadays only 274 out of 30'000 dedicated servers are in noSLA mode, which is only the 0.91% of the total amount.

After checking that their servers are in noSLA mode and they are not happy about it, they can still send an email to oles@ovh.net with their server names, in which they explain what their needs are.

For further information I advise you to read the following thread:
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=sla

What you need to understand is that the network between you and the source has its own limitations. For example, if at home you have 8Mb bandwidth with BT, the throughput you will get while downloading from the OVH server cannot be more than 8Mb. This will work exactly in the same way if between the source/destination and OVH there are networks which don't allow a certain throughput. This is what is happening to your friend's server, since I've checked it and I can confirm that it's still on the SLA bandwidth, there is no cap on OVH's side.

I hope that now is clear enough, if you have still doubt, feel free to contact our customer support at customersupport@ovh.co.uk or by phone on 02072225500.

Scott Curtis
02-04-2008, 12:52
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Andy a écrit:
>
> The way no-SLA works is that the maximum speed you can get with *one
> connection* is 10Mbps. You *can* get 1Gbps if the other end can support


there is no more 10Mbps limit per connexion. I've changed it 1 month
ago
You need to relay that information to Marco then, he is the one from OVH tech support that sent the email stating that was the case. We see that it is in fact on a 100mbit line at times now so I agree with you on that. He still cannot get any upload speed while downloading though. It will download at a decent rate but will not upload at the same time which is really the kiss of death and defeats the purpose of spending $200 a month on a gigaserver. OVH tech support person Marco said it is because of the RAID configuration is this true and if so what do we need to do to eliminate that? He would really like to stay with OVH but if this situation is not resolved it will serve no purpose, as this is worthless to him like this, it would be really helpful if OVH tech support would provide some better answers and some actual help in this matter not just explanations of why it isn't working. Actually spending some time helping him/us to get it working correctly would go a long way to keeping the account going and build some good will. Are you willing to do that? It doesn't seem that way at the moment, and we really need the help. I say we because I am trying to help him through this, but my knowledge is really quite limited on this. As it stands now we are pretty angry that OVH doesn't seem willing to go that extra mile to make the customer happy with his purchase and we find it rather strange that nobody there seems to give a rat's ass about it. If someone will help I will do what I can to work with OVH to get this corrected so everyone is happy.

Andy
02-04-2008, 12:05
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Andy a écrit:
>
> The way no-SLA works is that the maximum speed you can get with *one
> connection* is 10Mbps. You *can* get 1Gbps if the other end can support


there is no more 10Mbps limit per connexion. I've changed it 1 month
ago
Sorry I meant minimum speed on one connection.

oles@ovh.net
02-04-2008, 11:40
Andy a écrit:
>
> The way no-SLA works is that the maximum speed you can get with *one
> connection* is 10Mbps. You *can* get 1Gbps if the other end can support


there is no more 10Mbps limit per connexion. I've changed it 1 month
ago


Andy
02-04-2008, 09:54
The way no-SLA works is that the maximum speed you can get with one connection is 10Mbps. You can get 1Gbps if the other end can support it with multiple connections. The server does have a 1Gbps line. Outside OVH's networks, speed cannot be guaranteed. All data center networks will be exactly the same.

I have a server with 100Mbps and I often push the full speed from it no problem. 100Mbps isn't always enough for me so I was thinking of changing to 1Gbps.

corpdummy
01-04-2008, 22:43
Wow....this does not look good. I was actually looking to order a server from here and came to the forum for some answers. I hope that this gets resolved as I know that I would be extremely upset if this were to happen to me. I am currently using what I would consider a competitor of this brand and I was looking to switch as I heard nothing but good things about this company.

Can anyone else say whether they are experiencing this problem as I do not want to order and be faced with this myself.

Good luck to your friend mate, I hope this gets resolved or they get a refund.

Scott Curtis
01-04-2008, 22:26
My friend who is rather new to the world of servers is feeling the sting of the OVH runaround. He ordered a nice looking Gigaserver that was supposed to be connected to a 1gbit line from OVH and now after having possession of it for a about 3 or 4 days he finds out through their tech support (after about 3 separate emails before an answer) that the server is only getting speeds of 10mbit line and they try to point to the SLA (a habit of theirs I have noticed) as the reason why and say that it is because it is not on their network, (then why sell it to him? You knew he was in Quebec). Can you tell me why would anyone in their right mind spend over $200 Canadian on a "Gigaserver" to be put on a 10mbit line? Are you people insane what a scam! No response from OVH when he cries foul and ask for a refund as this is not what he ordered either, you guy's are first rate frauds. Here is a classic example of OVH customer service not answering a question with an out and out answer! Read the following email from OVH staff:

RE: [suivi] defect on ns201532.ovh.net server
From: customersupport@ovh.co.uk
Sent:
April 1, 2008 12:48:19 PM
Reply-to:
customersupport@ovh.co.uk

Dear Sir / Madam,
> >
> > The connection for your server is dedicated, but you do not have more than 10Mbps per connection. Also you need to know that can be a matter of connection outside OVH. For further details I advice you to look into this link: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=sla
> > and also this one: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=sla

My friends response to this utter trash was this:

"Well I hope you can help me with this if not, please forward to the person who can. Since this is not what I ordered I want a full refund. I ordered a MG08 Giga server with a 1gbit connection not a piece of crap with a 10mbs connection! This is not acceptable in any way, shape, or form. If you cannot ensure the gigabit connection you should inform customers of this prior to taking their cash. Please contact me as soon as possible about a resolution to this issue. As it is I feel both betrayed and robbed by OVH."

No email, no phone call, nothing, but I bet that money is not going to be refunded as it should be either. They knew he was in Quebec as they made him verify this before they gave him the server! Are you going to tell me that they didn't anticipate this might be an issue, what crap! Why would you make an offer for a 1gbit line and not be able to back it up and if you can't back it up then give the man his money back. He has had a pretty useless server for only about 4 days, nobody would spend that kind of money for a server that only will get a 10mbit connection he would be better off getting a VPS or a Kimsufi for about $150 cheaper! This is truly sad and disturbing, what kind of company does business like this?

More finger pointing for the reason it is not their fault, while technically it seems that it may be correct, I am sure they knew this might be an issue sooner or later for this product yet no mention of this is made at anytime during the sale process, just now do they state, "oh yeah well that is only for simultaneous connections and right now there are not any other connections". No yes sir your correct, this makes no sense, let's give you a refund and make this right by you. Do the right thing OVH and give this guy his money back, clearly this is not what he ordered nor will it be used, this is crazy. Do you really expect your customers to always be on the OVH network for this product to work? Insane!

RE: [suivi] defect on ns201532.ovh.net server
From: customersupport@ovh.co.uk

Dear Sir / Madam,

The server has 1Gbps connection. You cannot download anyway to 1Gbps connection as outside OVH's network there are other network that do not permit the download at 1Gbps connection. 1Gbps connection it is meant to be for simultaneous connections, but with only 1 connection there is no way to do it nowadays to use 1Gbps.

If there is anything else you are unsure about, please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be more than happy to help you.

Kind Regards,
Marco.