OVH Community, your new community space.

Cron / Task scheduler

Busby
07-03-2011, 16:01
Cheers Neil..

Neil
07-03-2011, 15:58
Quote Originally Posted by Busby
I know this is an old thread, but I want to run a cron on my RPS using 'Task Manager' as this seems an easy way to do it..

Can anyone tell me where to find 'Task manager' please?
Hi

The Task Manager is for Web Hosting only at OVH, if you run an RPS then either use Cron, or if you have a web based control panel. There should be an option in it to create cron tasks.

Busby
07-03-2011, 15:29
I know this is an old thread, but I want to run a cron on my RPS using 'Task Manager' as this seems an easy way to do it..

Can anyone tell me where to find 'Task manager' please?

Neil
15-01-2009, 10:36
No problem, happy to help!

deuxcode
15-01-2009, 05:12
Thank you very much. Your links pointed right to the problem, and also the solution. The problem was that Drupals security settings disallows empty an HTTP_HOST variable, and therefor cron did not run. I had to hack a core file to make it work, but now it cron runs without problems whatsoever.

Thanks again.

Neil
13-01-2009, 11:07
Hello

If it does not run manually when you go to the URL. Then there is a problem with the script, have you also checked Drupal logs> (There can be many things that stop a Cron job from runing).

Also you might want to look at the two following links, http://drupal.org/node/356779 and http://drupal.org/node/346285

deuxcode
13-01-2009, 09:29
Hi and thanks for the reply,

The script is is a regular php file, nothing strange. It's the default cron file for the cms Drupal. Since my last post I tried the "Other" option under "Script language:" and that resulted in some strange extracts from the file I am trying to run, so that confirms that the path is correct (www/filename.php).

What I don't understand is why it doesn't work with the php v4 and v5 options. The php 5 option results in the following message:

Code:
Command executed  : /usr/local/bin/php.ORIG.5 /homez.116/[account]/www/cron.php
Back code         : 0

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.6
Content-type: text/html

I don't want the server to parse a script, I just want the file to me executed (visited).

Do I need to give some other commands, or put a reference/settings file somewhere?

Neil
12-01-2009, 10:43
Hi,

Can you post the script and what are you planning on running in cron? Error 400 means that the server did not understand the script.

deuxcode
12-01-2009, 08:02
Hi all,

I am a new customer and are trying to set up a cron job for my site. I am using the "Task scheduler" (don't know if there is another way), but I can't get it to work. The response I get is "Status: 400 Bad Request" and the script is not executed.

In the "Script to execute: /" I have put "www/filename.php" (have tried other path's as well) and I have tried both php v.4 and 5. I have also chmod the files in various ways, but not even 777 works.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

FYI I have the 90 plan.

Thanks,