OVH Community, your new community space.

Ticket 41080 - OVH Monitoring???

Abducted
21-01-2009, 12:07
Yeah, that's what i did and it still says the same thing.

BTW, i just checked my log files and i found this:
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0019D1A75BE9. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
And then after a few more of those warnings i got the error:
Description:
Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address xx.xxx.xxx.xxx on the Network Card with network address 0019D1A75BE9.
So now i just entered my IP, subnet and gateway manually so hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Neil
21-01-2009, 11:54
Is that when you click the link it is because the Ticket is closed, if you log into the Manager, click on 'My Services'. 'Contact our support' and 'Submit an incident'. If you then click Display all tickets you should see the ticket click on it and 'See Message'.

Abducted
21-01-2009, 11:50
Oke thanks Neil.

When i click see message i get:

Mandatory settings are missing.

See details
Then when i click see details i get:

The following mandatory settings are missing: [message]
So i dont see where it says the ticket was because the server failed to ping.
Of course if that's the reason it's not a problem and great service However it would be nice if i was able to see why such a ticket is created.
I used to get different e-mails (and from customersupport not OVH monitoring) when a server wouldn't reply to pings, but maybe that was when it was still running linux? (and i often got those e-mails when the server rebooted) So i guess that's what threw me off.
Thanks for clearing that up!

Neil
21-01-2009, 11:18
Hi

I have looked at the ticket and there is some information, when in the OVH Manager you might need to click on 'See Message'.

The ticket was created because your server failed to ping at 2009-01-20 23:58:39 so we planned to look at it, but then at 2009-01-21 00:06:22 your server started pinging again so we cancelled the intervention.

We do not do random checks on server, but if you do think someone has access to your account, change the password immediately and contact us.

Abducted
21-01-2009, 11:02
Today i received this:
Dear Customer,

An intervention has just been scheduled on xxxxxxx.kimsufi.com.

For more details, please check the ticket 41080 that we have just created.

Do not reply to this email, please use the web interface:
https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv3/serv...ticketId=41080

For your information, your client ID is: xxxxxxx-ovh
And then a few minutes later:
Dear Customer,

We have just completed the ticket 41080 further to the scheduled intervention.

Do not reply to this email, please use the web interfcae:
https://www.ovh.co.uk/managerv3/serv...ticketId=41080

For your information, your client ID is: xxxxxxx-ovh
But when i check the ticket details there isn't any info what so ever. While the first e-mail says: For more details, please check the ticket 41080 that we have just created.
Anyway, what does this mean? Is this a random check by OVH (and if so what are they doing?) or do i have to worry that my account info got 'hacked' and somebody else started a ticket using my account for i dont know what reason?