We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

iSCSI DOWN

fozl
23-01-2009, 14:27
Quote Originally Posted by BELLonline
They have actually just gone home at 5pm and left people's servers offline!
The DCs are in fact manned 24/7, it's no lie. Maybe you're thinking of the email/phone support, but we now have someone to answer your calls 24/7 as well...

*Mikee*
23-01-2009, 00:13
I Agree with Andy -- Splash out a bit more and get a Real Dedicated server I've never had any problems with my servers going down, YET!! Just long waits on external hard drives thats all
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
You don't get an SLA on RPS's, but what do you expect for 10/month? If you need something more reliable, get a REAL dedicated server and not one with such new technology that is obviously very flaky in its operation. OVH told everyone there would be issues with RPS's when they were first released. For the most part things have been fine but its still too new to rule out problems.

BELLonline
22-01-2009, 23:58
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
You don't get an SLA on RPS's, but what do you expect for 10/month? If you need something more reliable, get a REAL dedicated server and not one with such new technology that is obviously very flaky in its operation. OVH told everyone there would be issues with RPS's when they were first released. For the most part things have been fine but its still too new to rule out problems.
Good points lol, still it is a lot of downtime so I'll be offering my customers a partial refund.

Andy
22-01-2009, 23:45

BELLonline
22-01-2009, 23:14
They have actually just gone home at 5pm and left people's servers offline!

I'd never consider OVH for mission-critical hosting anyway lol, I use datacentres that have people working there 24 hours a day and not 6 hours for important stuff lies

Maybe they will have it fixed by lunchtime tomorrow when they turn up for work

PS, will this fall under the SLA of 99.9%? or does that only cover full dedicated servers?

unclebob
22-01-2009, 22:05
It's problems like these that make me think that no one will ever take OVH seriously for mission-critical hosting.

BELLonline
22-01-2009, 21:08
Yeah, they seem to have brough most online, but from the page at http://travaux.ovh.com:80/?do=details&id=2798 it looks like they just went home at 5pm without getting the rest fixed!

I'm surpriced that no one else has commented on it in here.

unclebob
22-01-2009, 20:48
RPS has been screwed since 2pm, it's now almost 9pm.

Seven hours+ of downtime is unacceptable, OVH.

Pull your fingers out and get iscsi22 and iscsi21 back online.

http://travaux.ovh.com/?do=details&id=2798