OVH Community, your new community space.

Trying to set up fluxbox

WiTcHkInG
28-01-2009, 20:43
Well after messing about trying to get it going, NX client got all screwed up and i couldnt get back on my admin account.
Had to reinstall Ubuntu and start again.

Now im running again i tried fluxbox again. Same thing, just get the taskbar at bottom. The rest of the screen is my normal os on my pc.
How can i get fluxbox to open in nx client in a window like it does with gnome.

lacky
28-01-2009, 01:58
Yeah, that's all there is to fluxbox. All the applications and menus are in the right click.

fozl
23-01-2009, 14:14
I gave fluxbox a go a few times, I found it to be shall we say "very streamlined". It's all in the right click iirc.

freshwire
23-01-2009, 11:30
That is all a plain fluxbox install contains.

Find some way to get a terminal up after fluxbox loads.

Then find some other apps you want... such a right click menu from there.

Neil
23-01-2009, 10:23
Hello

The first thing to check is your are running Ubuntu Desktop, not server! Also when setting up the NX Client you have to choose the User Interface, Fluxbox is not my list but there is a other setting where you can manually set it.

Hope that helps.

WiTcHkInG
22-01-2009, 22:06
Hi
I have got a server with ubuntu on which runs gnome. I'm trying to get fluxbox working but whenever i start up the display in nxclient so it starts with fluxbox all i see is the panel at the bottom of the screen.
Nothing else shows up, only way i can exit is to terminate the session through nx session admin or to reboot the server through ssh.

Any ideas whats wrong and how i can set it up properly.