OVH Community, your new community space.

"Dedicated" Servers

Nettus
11-04-2008, 00:44
From what ive seen you've posted rubbish too, so stop moaning and get on. everyones here to help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
he was prooving a point..

Andy comes on these forums talking about nothing but un helpful information that does not require a post..

Andy
10-04-2008, 16:26
I give all the help I can. If I get insulted, you can only expect to be insulted back. That is all I can say.

JALZOO
10-04-2008, 15:35
he was prooving a point..

Andy comes on these forums talking about nothing but un helpful information that does not require a post..

S0phie
10-04-2008, 15:17
Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
Andy,

You made 2 post here in 10 minutes and the only useful thing you have said is that you are not a Linux guy! STFU and let someone who can help the guy try help him then, instead of putting in your 2 cents about perhaps why something isn't there. It is people like you that can make the OVH Forum useless and frustrating. Give direction if you have the knowledge, STFU if you don't. OVH doesn't need you being a cheerleader on every post, especially those that you cannot supply any help on.
This is a warning for you. You are getting close to cross the line. Any more rude, insulting or disrespectful behaviour will lead you to getting banned.

Scott Curtis
10-04-2008, 15:10
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
The servers are fully dedicated and the Linux installations are fully customisable but you have a choice of pre-configured installations to make your life easier.

Then perhaps you should download them yourself? They may not be included to reduce the distribution size and install time.

I'm not a linux guy so I can't give much more help.
Andy,

You made 2 post here in 10 minutes and the only useful thing you have said is that you are not a Linux guy! STFU and let someone who can help the guy try help him then, instead of putting in your 2 cents about perhaps why something isn't there. It is people like you that can make the OVH Forum useless and frustrating. Give direction if you have the knowledge, STFU if you don't. OVH doesn't need you being a cheerleader on every post, especially those that you cannot supply any help on.

sledge0303
08-04-2008, 09:23
Hmmm, you can install Linux distribution of your choice 'from scratch' with own kernel, own packages... tested successful with Etch and Gentoo.

I am running Gentoo2007-Hardened without any problems at Kimsufi and RPS machine. All what you need is time, patience and knowledge in Linux a bit

IainK
07-04-2008, 17:44
If you are using a package based distro search for the kernel-headers package, this is probably what your missing.

krogothzero
06-04-2008, 01:46
Just recompile a kernel I've no idea why it wasnt included but i am not a linux geek.

/lib/modules $ ds
29M ./2.6.24-gentoo-r3

Andy
05-04-2008, 21:28
Quote Originally Posted by louisbs
lemme say this again lol

I wish to use some modules which come with the linux source tree.. But No there not included in the linux distributions.

/lib/modules .. sod all in there.
Then perhaps you should download them yourself? They may not be included to reduce the distribution size and install time.

I'm not a linux guy so I can't give much more help.

louisbs
05-04-2008, 21:25
lemme say this again lol

I wish to use some modules which come with the linux source tree.. But No there not included in the linux distributions.

/lib/modules .. sod all in there.

Andy
05-04-2008, 21:18
The servers are fully dedicated and the Linux installations are fully customisable but you have a choice of pre-configured installations to make your life easier.

louisbs
05-04-2008, 20:54
Linux Servers Are Meant To Be Completley Customisable. These smell of virtual cpus to me. Prove me wrong!

By all accounts they are not using a standard kernel either.

I wish to use the server i have paid for properly. These "basic" distributions dont include what comes with a standard linux install.

Getting Highly Annoyed!

Louis

God Bless The 1 Month Lease!