We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Extra hdd space

hillo10
14-02-2009, 12:04
Finally got it, i forgot to install vnc server and now i seem to be able to use gparted.

Thanks.

hillo10
14-02-2009, 11:20
Managed to get gparted to install however i am getting this error.

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

hillo10
14-02-2009, 09:53
Hi, after ages of trying i can not get gparted to install on centos. I have tried yum install gparted but it finds no package.

hillo10
07-02-2009, 22:57
Just installing gparted now, will let you know how i get on.

Thanks again for all the help.

hillo10
07-02-2009, 22:17
Just looked up gparted, and it looks like just what i could need. Sorry for all the questions, I seen on the website the GUI. Is it rather easy to use without messing up via the command line? I only ask as i have rather a few sites hosted you see.

Thanks alot for all the help.
John.

freshwire
07-02-2009, 21:39
Plesk is just software on top. The resize of partitions can be handled by GParted.

`sudo apt-get install gparted`
`sudo apt-get install vnc4server`
`sudo apt-get install xorg`

You may need to adjust these commands for your distribution of linux but the package names should be the same.

Then start a vnc4server session

`vnc4server`

... You will be prompted to define a password.

Then login with your preferred client.

Hopefully you should get at least a basic terminal when you view the screen. If not you will need to edit the vnc startup file.

From the terminal typing:

`gparted &> /dev/null &`

..will open up GParted and free up terminal in the process.

GParted is simple to use.. graphical representation of your hard discs.

slayer2005
07-02-2009, 21:01
sudo apt get install gparted

hillo10
07-02-2009, 20:00
Hi monkey,

I have no idea what they are, would it work with Plesk? if it does then i would be very interested, thanks for the reply.

John.

freshwire
07-02-2009, 03:36
I would just install GParted, Xorg, VNC if it was me

... this is over the top ^ but if you want help on how to set this up let me know... (IM if possible)

hillo10
06-02-2009, 23:24
ok, thanks anyway.

Andy
06-02-2009, 23:21
Quote Originally Posted by hillo10
Thanks, any ideas how i would do this?

Sorry, i 'm using a rps as i have virtually no expereince with unix. So it's a learning curve for me.

Thanks in advance.
John.
None, I have virtually no *NIX experience myself.

hillo10
06-02-2009, 23:05
Thanks, any ideas how i would do this?

Sorry, i 'm using a rps as i have virtually no expereince with unix. So it's a learning curve for me.

Thanks in advance.
John.

Andy
06-02-2009, 22:51
Quote Originally Posted by hillo10
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was just wondering would this be allocated to be used within plesk or would i have to set that up?

Thanks.
John.
I think your drive is dynamically expanded, so you'd have to do this yourself.

hillo10
06-02-2009, 22:34
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was just wondering would this be allocated to be used within plesk or would i have to set that up?

Thanks.
John.

Andy
06-02-2009, 22:29
Simply purchase extra space in the Manager. It is expensive on the RPS however, since its not a "professional" server and uses ISCSI not an IDE/SATA hard disk.

hillo10
06-02-2009, 22:09
Hi, i've new to the rps thing. I have managed to setup my rps with plesk and it's installed on centOS. What i was wondering is, if i order extra hdd space for my rps, is there anyway to use this space within plesk? as of now i have 2 partitions of 5gb each. The partition with plesk on only has 3gb of space left. If there is a way of adding extra space for plesk to use, could someone show me how please?

Thanks in advance.

P.s i am a novice with this sort of stuff.