OVH Community, your new community space.

sshd & apache2 down after incident

facedancer
08-02-2009, 00:59
Solved, I guess technician selected wrong kernel and I thought it's the one I used to use...

facedancer
07-02-2009, 00:24
Hi,

Recently my RPS was unresponsive, ovh opened incident automagically and performed 'CPU cooling check'. Afterwards (I guess) they rebooted my box and it was answering to pings so they thought it's OK.

I've noticed that apache2 & sshd are down (while named and mysql are up!), I tried to fix it using rescue-pro but I can't find any issues except some strange stuff in the logs. No error connected to ssh startup or apache2 startup (lookied with grep apache2 *, grep ssh * from /mnt/var/log dir).

The stuff that looks suspicious to me:
daemon.log:
Feb 6 01:04:47 r14188 snmpd[1921]: cannot open /proc/net/dev ...
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@
^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ process ended, respawning

Feb 6 01:00:03 r14188 snmpd[1921]: Connection from UDP: [127.0.0.1]:43885
Feb 6 01:00:03 r14188 last message repeated 6 times
Feb 6 01:00:03 r14188 snmpd[1921]: netsnmp_assert !"cache == valid" failed mibII/tcp.c:218 tcp_handler()
Feb 6 01:00:03 r14188 snmpd[1921]: netsnmp_assert !"cache == valid" failed mibII/tcp.c:218 tcp_handler()
Feb 6 01:00:03 r14188 snmpd[1921]: Connection from UDP: [127.0.0.1]:43885

The thing is that I suppose it's due to snmpd misconfiguration and that's not a sign of box failure or something.

What else can I check/do? rc2.d got all needed links to init.d so I really don't understand why daemons are not waking up :/

Thanks for any hints!

P.S.
it's ubuntu server