OVH Community, your new community space.

Average delivery time

papa_face
09-03-2009, 22:09
I've requested my order to be cancelled, this is just ridiculous. Its not even a full server I am buying!
Any OVH staff member, please look into the email I have sent.

papa_face
09-03-2009, 19:03
Also its interesting to see they've added new RPS plans today which they clearly cannot accommodate!
If I don't get my damn RPS login details tonight, I am cancelling and expecting a full refund.

papa_face
09-03-2009, 18:48
Yeah, I am extremely p***ed off to be honest considering there is absolutely no indication at all on the website of a 72 hour setup time.

Andy
09-03-2009, 18:47
Sounds like their stock is still not in then... Obviously you won't be told that as it just makes them sound even more incompetent... Its a shame your experience has been bad so far...

papa_face
09-03-2009, 18:44
Just called and I was advised "Until 72 hours there's nothing I can do" wow. Great customer service!
I asked if he could give me an indication as to the length of time I am going to wait, I was told no.

Andy
09-03-2009, 13:19
Quote Originally Posted by papa_face
Still nothing
Phone support and they will be able to sort it out a lot quicker. It's a shame they haven't deployed this quickly enough for you.

papa_face
09-03-2009, 13:18
Still nothing

papa_face
08-03-2009, 18:50
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
I've just sent an email to our tech to speed up the deployment of your RPS. Unfortunately, I am not able to give you any precise time.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. Fingers crossed it will be tonight

S0phie
08-03-2009, 18:46
I've just sent an email to our tech to speed up the deployment of your RPS. Unfortunately, I am not able to give you any precise time.

papa_face
08-03-2009, 18:39
Order5336293

S0phie
08-03-2009, 18:38
Order number?

papa_face
08-03-2009, 16:26
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
You have to remember RPS is still real hardware like a dedicated server, the only difference being the hard disk is shared. It is strange that they seem to have removed the stock display, I was sure it had one a few weeks ago.

CoreNetwork probably isn't as busy a provider as OVH. OVH deploy a few hundred servers a week, so its not easy to keep on top of that demand, especially if their suppliers stock runs out too which has been the case recently.

You could try e-mailing Oles, the owner of OVH for a better idea of deployment time, oles@ovh.net is his address. You may not get a quick response but you should get one eventually. I should note that he is French and his English isn't great, keep your e-mail short and too the point, don't make a story, keep the facts and he'll reply a lot quicker (he's funny guy!).

You honestly won't be disappointed if you wait.
Thanks for that, I've sent him a brief email to see if he can advise me of an approximate setup time.
I'm not normally this impatient, but as I've mentioned it is particularly urgent.

Andy
08-03-2009, 16:20
You have to remember RPS is still real hardware like a dedicated server, the only difference being the hard disk is shared. It is strange that they seem to have removed the stock display, I was sure it had one a few weeks ago.

CoreNetwork probably isn't as busy a provider as OVH. OVH deploy a few hundred servers a week, so its not easy to keep on top of that demand, especially if their suppliers stock runs out too which has been the case recently.

You could try e-mailing Oles, the owner of OVH for a better idea of deployment time, oles@ovh.net is his address. You may not get a quick response but you should get one eventually. I should note that he is French and his English isn't great, keep your e-mail short and too the point, don't make a story, keep the facts and he'll reply a lot quicker (he's funny guy!).

You honestly won't be disappointed if you wait.

papa_face
08-03-2009, 16:16
There is a display telling you how many servers OVH have in stock on each particular line. You could have used that as a guide. If the 1 hour stock has some in stock then 99% of the time you'll get it in under 24 hours. Often in under 1 hour if payment clears immediately.

Which provider guarantees 24 hours deployment time?
They don't offer that at all on RPS's http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/rps3.xml

I was under the impression it would be a few hours. I could understand with a dedicated but not a RPS.

CoreNetworks sales staff advised me of a 24 hour setup period as they had several dedi's ready to deploy.

Andy
08-03-2009, 16:14
Yeah that may be true. However I was hoping for a quick turnaround in getting it online. As I mentioned, I need it urgently and had I known it would take 72 hours - week to setup at the time of purchase I wouldn't have bothered at all.
I was going to get a dedicated server from a reputable provider and their guaranteed setup time was 24 hours. ergh. I hope they get a move on and set it up asap.
There is a display telling you how many servers OVH have in stock on each particular line. You could have used that as a guide. If the 1 hour stock has some in stock then 99% of the time you'll get it in under 24 hours. Often in under 1 hour if payment clears immediately.

Which provider guarantees 24 hours deployment time?

papa_face
08-03-2009, 16:12
I doubt you'll find any datacenter with a guaranteed deployment time. OVH is good compared to those I've used before who ranged from 4 days to 2 weeks deployment time... Stick with OVH, you won't regret it.
Yeah that may be true. However I was hoping for a quick turnaround in getting it online. As I mentioned, I need it urgently and had I known it would take 72 hours - week to setup at the time of purchase I wouldn't have bothered at all.
I was going to get a dedicated server from a reputable provider and their guaranteed setup time was 24 hours. ergh. I hope they get a move on and set it up asap.

Andy
08-03-2009, 16:10
I'll need it some time today, if not I'm going elsewhere. Fingers crossed I get my login information within the next 9 hours then lol.
I doubt you'll find any datacenter with a guaranteed deployment time. OVH is good compared to those I've used before who ranged from 4 days to 2 weeks deployment time... Stick with OVH, you won't regret it. Persevere until tomorrow and ring them to find out deployment time. The forum isn't an official support area.

papa_face
08-03-2009, 16:09
72 hours to 1 week

I'll need it some time today, if not I'm going elsewhere. Fingers crossed I get my login information within the next 9 hours then lol.

Andy
08-03-2009, 16:06
Delays can vary from up to 72 hours to 1 week depending on stock. Generally all RPS's are deployed in under 72 hours. Remember there is no guarantee on deployment time for any OVH/Kimsufi server.

Renewal date begins from date of deployment, not date of paying, just in case you were worried about that

papa_face
08-03-2009, 15:58
What is the delay on RPS setups? I ordered about 18 hours ago and still no sign of my RPS. I bought the level 3 plan as well thinking it would be higher priority as I need it urgently

Neil
09-02-2009, 12:46
Hello

We normally aim to deploy RPS's in 24 Hours, however we have had very high demand for all RPS's. There is a new shipment en-route to the datacentre now and your order should be completed soon.

rchards
09-02-2009, 09:12
Thanks for clearing this up. Delay seems to be in getting space on iSCSI so may be it needs the technician to come in and plug in a new raid array this morning. All spare capacity being held in reserve for existing customers.

freshwire
08-02-2009, 23:46
I have had 1-2 hours on both occasions. If you are ordering at the weekend it will increase you waiting time though.

But as said above generally below 72 hours.

Andy
08-02-2009, 22:01
Deployment can take up to or over 72 hours, but generally under 72 hours is what to expect. You will receive the login details via e-mail when its deployed.

rchards
08-02-2009, 20:12
Hi

How long does it take from payment to ssh login on average? I ordered about this time yesterday and was expecting an automated process to give a near instant login. Obviously this isn't the case, but how long can I expect to wait? The weekend of development planned is rapidly running out of time.

Thanks

Richard