OVH Community, your new community space.

I Need your help with connections and Bandwidth !!

Andy
11-02-2009, 23:12
Quote Originally Posted by wackomoo
Not entirely true. As long as the name matches it works for me.
Others have reported otherwise, but I guess the only way to find out is to try.

wackomoo
11-02-2009, 23:01
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Yes it will be a problem. Your credit card has to be registered to the same address you say you are living at in order to not under-go specific security checks. If you use your Egypt card, then they will do a lot of security tests and questions, and you may have to provide proof of address and ownership of the card too. OVH are very strict when it comes to the security of payment and not allowing forged payments. Yours would appear to them as a forgery, which is why they will undergo so many checks, so be prepared for that.
Not entirely true. As long as the name matches it works for me.

Andy
11-02-2009, 21:40
Quote Originally Posted by fox007
Then the download is stable and guranteed

but the upload is different by which plan i'll choose.

OK

another question

I'm travelling between England and Egypt
I would order when I'm in UK, but the credit card I have is made from Egypt and I'm charging it from here.

will this be any problem ?

thanks for your help.
Yes it will be a problem. Your credit card has to be registered to the same address you say you are living at in order to not under-go specific security checks. If you use your Egypt card, then they will do a lot of security tests and questions, and you may have to provide proof of address and ownership of the card too. OVH are very strict when it comes to the security of payment and not allowing forged payments. Yours would appear to them as a forgery, which is why they will undergo so many checks, so be prepared for that.

fox007
11-02-2009, 21:37
Then the download is stable and guranteed

but the upload is different by which plan i'll choose.

OK

another question

I'm travelling between England and Egypt
I would order when I'm in UK, but the credit card I have is made from Egypt and I'm charging it from here.

will this be any problem ?

thanks for your help.

Andy
11-02-2009, 13:46
This means that If i ordered EG MAX, downloading from internet is guaranteed to 1Gbit=120 MB approximat download rate for every server, and the only thing that is differs by which plan i choosed is Uploading which is 100mbit divided by the number of servers per client ?

waiting for your reply, thanks
1Gbps downloading guaranteed

100Mbps / number of servers upload guaranteed, unless you select the Traffic plan, then its 100Mbps per server, since you're paying on a per GB basis, or you buy business bandwidth.

Neil
11-02-2009, 11:17
This means that If i ordered EG MAX, downloading from internet is guaranteed to 1Gbit=120 MB approximat download rate for every server, and the only thing that is differs by which plan i choosed is Uploading which is 100mbit divided by the number of servers per client ?

Hi

Downloading to the server will be 1Gbit connection for each server, but 'pushing or downloading off the server' the server is a 100Mbs connection shared between the servers by default.

fox007
11-02-2009, 01:18
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Hello,

First I suggest a read of http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1199 as it offers a lot of information.

Secondly, 1Gbps is only available if you pay for business bandwidth, which is at a very high cost. Otherwise, it is 1Gbps inside OVH and from the internet only, not outgoing bandwidth.

If you have more than 1 server on 100Mbps without paying for business bandwidth then the 100Mbps is shared between each server unless you are on the traffic option, which you pay for by Gigabyte (in 100GB blocks).

PayPal is not accepted by OVH.

I hope this helps.

Andy
10-02-2009, 23:43
Hello,

First I suggest a read of http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1199 as it offers a lot of information.

Secondly, 1Gbps is only available if you pay for business bandwidth, which is at a very high cost. Otherwise, it is 1Gbps inside OVH and from the internet only, not outgoing bandwidth.

If you have more than 1 server on 100Mbps without paying for business bandwidth then the 100Mbps is shared between each server unless you are on the traffic option, which you pay for by Gigabyte (in 100GB blocks).

PayPal is not accepted by OVH.

I hope this helps.

fox007
10-02-2009, 23:31
Hi.

I want to tell you my needs, and need your help to tell me what i'll expect

If I'll be a customer at OVH
I'll have 4 servers or more

I want to know what is the transfeer speed per second for every server ?

what if i ordered the 4 servers with 1 Gbit connection like "EG MAX", Is this means that the download speed is 120 MB Per second In every server ??

what is the upload speed rate I'll expect for every server ?

Plz explain it as simple as possible.

another question

can two clients order and pay with the same PayPal Account ??

waiting for your help

my best regards