OVH Community, your new community space.

remove un needed domain

marks
14-04-2010, 09:30
as you want. If you still have them in the control panel, it would be easy to renew any of them during this year if you change your mind (remember that if you got a domain for free on the first year, OVH will keep it for the second even if you don't renew it, and therefore you can always renew it during this second year, it won't be deleted).

If you want to remove it from the manager, we would remove any reference in the DNS servers but it's not major problem, so I would suggest you to leave them.

rickyday
13-04-2010, 19:03
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
I have to check your particular case, but probably they still appear in your manager because they still have the DNS zone in our DNS server.

For these domains, send us an email to the support with the list of domains and we'll get them removed from your manager.
Crikey is that the only way?
It was when you had your free domain promotion on, theres about 100+ that are no longer needed

marks
13-04-2010, 09:07
I have to check your particular case, but probably they still appear in your manager because they still have the DNS zone in our DNS server.

For these domains, send us an email to the support with the list of domains and we'll get them removed from your manager.

rickyday
12-04-2010, 18:13
I have expired domains in my control panel.

I no longer need them, how do I delete expired domains so they do not show in control manager?
They have been at expired status since August 2009.

Merci

Neil
15-02-2009, 19:37
You will receive an email from Nominet on your first ever .uk order, so if you have ever ordered a .uk domain from another registrar then you have already received the email with your login in details.

I have never received a letter from Nominet, it maybe only for companies for records etc..

marty1111
15-02-2009, 18:59
how do i login to nominet as i have no login details for them only for ovh
will i receve a welcoe email from nominet as manhy people say you need to confirm the domain with them aswell as ovh ( there website asks for a confermation code as you can probably tell im really new to domain names lol. ( allso known as a newbie )

DigitalDaz
15-02-2009, 17:22
Not at all, I have loads of domains from nominet, haven't had a letter in about three years now.

Why worry? I think once OVH has processed the registration there is no going back, you own the name not them.

If you want to get rid of it you could try nominet.

marty1111
14-02-2009, 14:06
will i receve a letter by post asking me to confirm my domain ? from eather you or nominet i have read that you receve a letter which you have to return but then read that you no longer receve a letter from them.

S0phie
14-02-2009, 09:48
All you can do now is to leave the domain expire.

marty1111
14-02-2009, 08:59
ok will it show my address on the who is info and will they send a letter toconfirm my address all i wanted to do is save this company some money.
as the domain isnt active yet. ( its very rare that domains are free and iwould hate to spoil it
for everyone). alsowill i get into trouble for leaving a domain inactive?

freshwire
14-02-2009, 08:43
As I said you cannot delete a domain.

The only thing you can do is making it do pretty much nothing. The domain will still exist in your name and cannot be refunded.

This is not OVH policy. This is just a rule when it comes to domains.

marty1111
14-02-2009, 08:34
can customer service delete the domain if i give them a call as the domain is no longer needed

freshwire
14-02-2009, 08:27
You cannot delete domains. Not here. Not anywhere.

marty1111
14-02-2009, 06:56
hi can anyone help me delete an unneeded domain which was register 1 hour ago
thank for your help