OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH do NOT sell to the following countries (yet) lol

Myatu
19-02-2009, 03:49
Quote Originally Posted by BCH
if you got a server loacated in USA everyone can use it even if he lives in KARAKARAN , i don't know where is that country maybe on the Moon any way ...
Actually, any service or product sold from the United States falls under the rules and regulations of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). That means that some services or products cannot be sold to countries like Cuba, Liberia, etc. - and this including dedicated servers...

Now, as for OVH selling to only a specific number of countries is likely due to legal jurisdictions. Take this as an example:

You live in Karakaran ( ) and you have a very popular Karakaran Dating Site hosted at OVH.

Due to a problem in the network used by OVH, users from Karakaran can't get to your website and get all huffy and puffy at you. They end up suing you for thousands of Karakaran Dollars because they couldn't use your Dating Site, which they paid a membership for.

You give them their money back, but now YOU are all huffy and puffy at OVH and come knocking on OVH's doors: "You cost me money! I want it back!".

Given that you're in Karakaran and OVH has offices in Europe, they could basically tell you "Tough luck pal! We don't have to pay you a single penny!".

You go to the Karakaran courts and they too say: "Tough luck pal! Europe is out of our jurisdiction!".

You hire a European lawyer, spend tons of money on him/her, OVH spends an equal amount of money and yet the outcome is: "Tough luck pal! They're in Europe, you're in Karakaran - you have no rights to European consumer laws and Karakaran laws don't apply there".

Would you be happy with a situation like this? I doubt it. So to avoid this from happening in the first place, OVH simply closes the doors to buyers outside of their represented jurisdictions.

Do keep in mind that OVH is expanding (quite rapidly in recent times). So if Karakaran is a potential good customer base (read: lots of demand), then you'd be assured they'll look into expanding there - even if it requires setting up that link to the moon...

rickyday
18-02-2009, 20:49
Ill have some of what you are on BCH

Peace Out Man......

BCH
16-02-2009, 18:24
Quote Originally Posted by Awesome
Bear in mind, OVH is a budget hosting company. (Unmetered 8/100mbit for 23/mo?) Most companies would never sell that cheap. Other companies will charge up into the thousands for 100mbit unmetered, you can get it from OVH from 50/mo.

Im guessing the reason OVH do not sell to many countries, is becasue of bandwidth. If you sell to a country you have no connections with, 1. The speed will be very slow, and 2. They may have to pay thousands for bandwidth they stream there.

OVH is best with European traffic, they would get loads of orders if they sold to USA, but the data transit would cost thousands. Im sure if OVH had unlimited data transit to everywhere in the world, then they would sell to everyone. Nothing to do with racism or discrimination. Companies/Businesses are in it for the money, if that means not selling to certain countries, then so be it.
Pain in the ass when i try to think why you acting like this ..i don't understand i just want all of us to be together one world and one connection .and please stop making Excuses cuz it's Not gonna work out cuz if you say so ..it means you are using these servers for Downloading Files and Illegal material or even using it as seedboxes lol cuz if you got a server loacated in USA everyone can use it even if he lives in KARAKARAN , i don't know where is that country maybe on the Moon any way ...try to think about and stop attacking me i'm looking for Good Future for all of Us to be really one world ..and Not Bear in mind hahaha lol i can't hold my self laughing on this word Regards

slayer2005
16-02-2009, 01:50
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
I think OVH should allow orders from elsewhere but with different policy. If you live on the north pole you kinda expect that you aren't gonna get 100mbps... if 1kbps . But maybe thats fine for you if you want to be hosting a website...A website is not just for the administrator to look at!
what about timbuck2?

freshwire
15-02-2009, 23:37
I think OVH should allow orders from elsewhere but with different policy. If you live on the north pole you kinda expect that you aren't gonna get 100mbps... if 1kbps . But maybe thats fine for you if you want to be hosting a website...A website is not just for the administrator to look at!

Andy
15-02-2009, 23:35
If people bothered to look into this before they commented, they'd know OVH only sell to the places they can guarantee a good network connection to. That is mainly Europe, but still not all of it. If you got a 100Mbps server and it couldn't achieve that speed you'd soon complain wouldn't you? OVH make that impossible by selling to places they know they can supply the advertised bandwidth.

The European
15-02-2009, 15:30
It may have been overlooked but OVH is a French company, not British

Note that this is the English-speaking forum for customers (we are customers of OVH)

slayer2005
15-02-2009, 15:23
Quote Originally Posted by Awesome
Bear in mind, OVH is a budget hosting company. (Unmetered 8/100mbit for 23/mo?) Most companies would never sell that cheap. Other companies will charge up into the thousands for 100mbit unmetered, you can get it from OVH from 50/mo.

Im guessing the reason OVH do not sell to many countries, is becasue of bandwidth. If you sell to a country you have no connections with, 1. The speed will be very slow, and 2. They may have to pay thousands for bandwidth they stream there.

OVH is best with European traffic, they would get loads of orders if they sold to USA, but the data transit would cost thousands. Im sure if OVH had unlimited data transit to everywhere in the world, then they would sell to everyone. Nothing to do with racism or discrimination. Companies/Businesses are in it for the money, if that means not selling to certain countries, then so be it.

Fully agrred on the above post m8.

Awesome
15-02-2009, 12:40

Dany
14-02-2009, 18:27
I think that the fact people are denied a service whether it be a server or anything else just because of their location is nonsense. The countries that have the most influence is being left out because of why? greed, jealousy, or do I dare say it RACISM? This kind of service is what is going to turn others away from a company. People are people and it don't matter where they are located. I think you should seriously consider your priorities before you are left with a company with no clients. As far as you rofl at the post shows your total lack of respect towards the culture that taught the British to use their mind. What makes you so proud that you have to criticize others to make you feel good about yourself. Ovh should feel honored to have these "restricted" people even considering service from ovh. By the way I am not British. I am proud of my country.

BCH
14-02-2009, 17:36
Quote Originally Posted by mtrim
..I'm Not British

and nor I believe is OVH
So where are you from if you are Not British ? lol

mtrim
14-02-2009, 17:35
..I'm Not British

and nor I believe is OVH

BCH
14-02-2009, 17:33
Keep rofl would you like me to rofl with you too

derchris
14-02-2009, 17:18
rofl at the whole post

BCH
14-02-2009, 14:51
OVH do NOT sell to the following countries (yet) lol yea it's true lol and BIG lol and BIG JOKE TOO
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=608
OVH do NOT sell to the following countries (yet):

Afghanistan, Africa, Australia
Canada (except Quebec), China, Columbia, Cuba
Egypt
Greece
Hungary
Iceland, India
Japan
New Zealand, Norway
Pakistan
Russia
Sweden
USA

And other countries not listed above/below...

Let me please give you some information about

The history of British colonialism in Egypt

Begin the history of Egypt written for several thousand years BC
When the people of this land to establish
The first central state of humanity ..
It is human existence during which settled on the banks of the River Nile
In successive stages and eras,
And over the long centuries the Egyptians made many contributions
Of human civilization and interacted with other civilizations and peoples ..
Although Egypt has been the privacy of the distinctive culture and civilization through the ages
Postulated by historians to the Pharaonic era
Extends to about three-thousand-year era of the Greek and then for nearly three centuries,
Followed by a Roman era overlapped with the Coptic Era
Following the introduction of Christianity to Egypt ..
Then came the era of empires and the Islamic States
The latest of which was the Ottoman Empire
That was the end of the beginning of the modern era in Egypt
By Mohamed Ali Pasha, the founder of modern Egypt
Nearly two centuries ago
Egypt has seen several uprisings against foreign intervention
Where the national movement was intensified Orabi Revolution in 1882
Which ended the British occupation of Egypt
And by continuing the struggle led by the national leader Mustafa Kamel
At the beginning of the twentieth century and his successor, President Mohammad Farid,
Egypt has entered the twentieth century
It is saddled with British colonialism,
Doubled and the popular resistance against the occupation, the national movement,
A strong national sentiment with the 1919 revolution and to demand independence,
The national leader Saad Zaghloul in which a prominent role,
Then the cancellation of a British protectorate over Egypt in 1922
And recognition of its independence, and was the first Egyptian constitution in 1923,
It was known in Egypt from 1923 - 1952
First experience of multi-party system and parliamentary democracy,
But corruption and the palace of King interventions and occupation
The diversion of some parties on the national role
All of this led to an atmosphere of deterioration and weakness
Reached its peak in the defeat of Arab Palestine War
Conditions to which the cradle of the revolution of July 23, 1952.

Now what I want to say that the British occupation of Egypt and many countries in the world, Egypt is making in this state, since the British occupation to leave Egypt after the looting of wealth, for this case and we now look OVH company went serious decision, which would increase the hostility of some minority poor against the British people in full and I'm not looking to create hatred or hatred between peoples and some of them, but I'm looking for love and tolerance among the hearts and minds, it would also increase cooperation between the peoples and each other and Veadp income individuals and also increase the interaction between civilizations ... I am not talking only for Egypt and Africa only, but also some countries in the rest of the world where the company OVH inviolability of its natural right to have a window on the world through their own computer servers

So please try to focus on the future plans of this company there are some Arabic sites already denied to talk about your company and will also make in the near future, your province, as they feel that what you are doing is denying the inherent right of access to some servers is racist

Regards and respect ....by the way sorry for my very bad English ..I'm Not British