OVH Community, your new community space.

Help in setting up nameservers

Neil
24-02-2009, 17:42
Hi

You can change it in the OVH Manager, under Domain & DNS then the DNS Servers section, where you click modify and enter in the new ones.

When you have entered them you need to allow 24 - 48 Hours for it all to update. The reason accessallnetworks is in the Hosting area is most likely because you have redirections running.

mikeydavies
23-02-2009, 16:54
I'm a bit new to all this domain name registration stuff and need a little help just to get me started! I set up an account last night and ordered www.accessallnetworks.co.uk which resolved about an hour ago. What I want to do is set it up so that it points to my hosting that is elsewhere but i'm not quite sure how to do it 'cos there's no modify feature for changing nameservers in the DNS zone wheras the other areas do have the option to modify! I'm guessing that I need to change the TYPE fields called NS and change the target address from dns13.ovh.net & ns13.ovh.net to my nameservers of ns1.seoprdirectory.com & ns2.seoprdirectory.com .
So does anyone know how to do this and could provide a simple answer to my problems please? My nic-handel is lm31209-ovh.
Many thanks

Also the www.accessallnetworks is in the hosting area but my other site www.freearticlelibrary is in the domains area! Might this be a cause of problems for me? If it is then who would I need to contact to rectify the problem?