OVH Community, your new community space.

USB Hard Drive Issue

Andy
02-03-2009, 18:21
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
I think if you stop paying they will disconnect it. Its seperate from the server renewal (at least for me) so shudnt be an issue.
Mine looks to be combined, I think, and since I pay by card for instant payment I can't "not" pay for it, but if you do a bank transfer you can "not" pay for it quite easily.

freshwire
02-03-2009, 18:19
I think if you stop paying they will disconnect it. Its seperate from the server renewal (at least for me) so shudnt be an issue.

Andy
02-03-2009, 18:16
But if you don't want it, surely you have the choice to stop paying for it? Thats like saying "I bought 20Mbps broadband but I no longer have use for it so I want 2Mbps now" but they won't let you? What the hell?

Oles, this isn't fair, you're forcing someone to pay for something they don't want. If I were in the same situation I'd just transfer the money needed for the server and not the USB disk in my next payment

*Mikee*
02-03-2009, 11:01
I see that -- But why is it this way -- Its a simple task Looks like i'll just have to find something to use my other external hard drive on now

Akd
02-03-2009, 10:54
http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/usb_disks.xml

Additional information

- You can install up to 4 USB disks per server at the maximum.

- If you already have a flash disk, you may order only one USB hard disk.

- During the setup of your first hard disk, you will have to restart your dedicated server to activate the USB in BIOS.

- Your USB disk is installed on your server (it will not be possible to unplug it later).

*Mikee*
02-03-2009, 10:52
I wanted 1 of my usb hard drives disconnected from my server since i nolonger need it but OVH wont allow this why is that ? Its just a case of unpluging a cable !