OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi 2XL vs 3XL for hosting

Andy
03-03-2009, 12:25
Quote Originally Posted by Seedbox Paradis
The main site is xhtml/php while my billing system is mysql based. During the time the website will be advertised, I anticipate the traffic to reach an average of 10-30 thousand hits per day, possibly more all depending on how many people are interested, but definitely no more than the 3hits/sec you get.
In which case the XL would probably be enough. Mine isn't even loaded up to 20% yet and I handle 3hits/sec no problem.

Seedbox Paradis
02-03-2009, 21:15
The main site is xhtml/php while my billing system is mysql based. During the time the website will be advertised, I anticipate the traffic to reach an average of 10-30 thousand hits per day, possibly more all depending on how many people are interested, but definitely no more than the 3hits/sec you get.

Andy
02-03-2009, 20:59
I use the same specs as the XL (except HD) since mine is a large++ from the old ranges. I get around 3hits/sec and hit about 15% cpu load. They range from static to php/mysql based sites and forums. It all depends on what sort of traffic you're looking at as to what spec you will need.

How many hits/sec do you anticipate and what scripting languages and databases if any will you use? Without that its hard to know.

Seedbox Paradis
02-03-2009, 20:49
I'm looking to host my website using one of these two servers, and I'm not sure which one would suit me best. The reason I'm switching to dedicated hosting is that I'm going to advertise my site on a very popular website and my current shared hosting is just not going to cut it. So to bear with the server load that I'm going to experience, I'm wondering whether I should use the 3XL which offers a tricore cpu as well as 3GB of the much needed memory, or whether the 2XL server with its slightly outdated Pentium e2180 cpu and 2GB of memory is going to do the trick. The difference in cost between the two servers is not that greatly important although I, like most people, am trying to save the extra buck which will now have to go toward my whmcs license (it came free with my shared hosting ). So, can anyone tell me if they've used either of those servers for hosting, and how much of a cpu load they had as well as the number of hits