OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi: updates

*Mikee*
08-01-2010, 20:30
Lucky i'm happy with the servers i have !

mvegetto
08-01-2010, 19:49
very misleading, very unproffesional.

jonlewi5
08-01-2010, 19:38
theres a " * " next to it, then go to the bottom and it says

*: the installation costs are free for an annual payment. Otherwise: £49.99.

*Mikee*
08-01-2010, 19:21
I dont see any setup Fee's on here http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/ -- All the server's say its FREE setup

rickyday
08-01-2010, 19:06
Rapidspeeds (and Turbanator for that matter)

Sometimes you just have to admit youre beat and youre flogging a dead horse.
I would like to see no setup fees, but its plain to see OVH are not going to budge on this.

RapidSpeeds
08-01-2010, 16:02
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
RapidSpeeds, you have made your point about the set up fees for the last few weeks. Oles is aware of the UK feedback on this forum but there is no plan from now to remove the set up fees on Kimsufi/RPS/Pro servers.
First time someone has acknowledged that our opinions were being 'listened to', but as long as our voices are being heard, that's all i'm concerned about

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
Yes your sounding like a broken record ,if you dont like setup fees go else where and stop ear bashing the rest of us.
here's a straw

Expat
07-01-2010, 17:21
Yes your sounding like a broken record ,if you dont like setup fees go else where and stop ear bashing the rest of us.

S0phie
07-01-2010, 16:45
RapidSpeeds, you have made your point about the set up fees for the last few weeks. Oles is aware of the UK feedback on this forum but there is no plan from now to remove the set up fees on Kimsufi/RPS/Pro servers.

RapidSpeeds
06-01-2010, 22:47
I want to bring this post back, to show how much setup fee's have changed.

sorry to look into the archives, but oles, you are taking the 'biscuit' my friend..

*Mikee*
10-03-2009, 01:27
Be better if they did allow this
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Exactly. If you ask for it to be removed its for a reason!!! OVH allow this please, its a scam if you don't.

Andy
09-03-2009, 13:38
Exactly. If you ask for it to be removed its for a reason!!! OVH allow this please, its a scam if you don't.

*Mikee*
09-03-2009, 13:37
Andy i hate scams aswell -- OVH say they dont want to disconnect it cause you will loose your data !! Hmm why would you want it disconnected if you still want to use if for your data ? People it want it disconnected will no longer need it !!! Why cant they see this -- OVH should also offer the option to allow for the usb hard drive to be removed from 1 server to the other incase people require this
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I agree. Its a scam otherwise and I don't like scams. Like I said, I'll just send mine via wire transfer with the USB cost deducted if they won't let me

Andy
09-03-2009, 12:56
Quote Originally Posted by *Mikee*
If you dont want a usb hard drive nomore you should be allowed to remove it !!! Looks like OVH just want to tie it in with your server for life to make money on it --
I agree. Its a scam otherwise and I don't like scams. Like I said, I'll just send mine via wire transfer with the USB cost deducted if they won't let me

*Mikee*
09-03-2009, 12:54
If you dont want a usb hard drive nomore you should be allowed to remove it !!! Looks like OVH just want to tie it in with your server for life to make money on it --

gased
09-03-2009, 12:08
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
gased a écrit:
>
> I think that you are not the only one
> Oles can you please think about that? It would be great

sorry ? what exactly ? usb disk ? the problem is the safe of
the data. I don't WANT to touch your disk since it's your
data and the goal is "NOT TO LOSE IT". so, if I don't touch
it, it will work great.
Hmm can't say that i've understood what you've said. If i don't want the disk why can't it be removed? :/ Is there any problem or it's just the procedure like that?
the problem is an another: I think we miss information in the
order saying that if you add an paid options, you will have
to renew it. I asked to add it. But I didn't check it out if
it was done. Will check tomorrow with the team.
What do you mean by that? Will it change something or you are just gonna write something on renew page?

oles@ovh.net
08-03-2009, 21:36
gased a écrit:
>
> I think that you are not the only one
> Oles can you please think about that? It would be great

sorry ? what exactly ? usb disk ? the problem is the safe of
the data. I don't WANT to touch your disk since it's your
data and the goal is "NOT TO LOSE IT". so, if I don't touch
it, it will work great.

the problem is an another: I think we miss information in the
order saying that if you add an paid options, you will have
to renew it. I asked to add it. But I didn't check it out if
it was done. Will check tomorrow with the team.

*Mikee*
08-03-2009, 12:42
Agreed
Quote Originally Posted by gased
Well i like that too that we will keep the users that use them for trackers.

But what i do not like is that i can not choose when to uninstall a usb disk for example in order to pay just the dedicated server and not the usb also

The one and only time that i was forced to change my server was due to that malfuction
I didn't want to have my usb anymore and i had to re order a new one as it was Friday and customer support works only from Monday to Friday and couldn't wait until monday as i wanted to renew my server . Yeah a little bit my fault that i didn't thought that earlier but i couldn't imagine that i couldn't choose what to renew.
I hope that some will agree with me

gased
08-03-2009, 11:18
I think that you are not the only one
Oles can you please think about that? It would be great

wackomoo
08-03-2009, 02:04
Quote Originally Posted by gased
But what i do not like is that i can not choose when to uninstall a usb disk for example in order to pay just the dedicated server and not the usb also
[...]
i couldn't imagine that i couldn't choose what to renew.
Agreed.

gased
08-03-2009, 00:02
Well i like that too that we will keep the users that use them for trackers.

The one and only time that i was forced to change my server was due to that malfuction
I didn't want to have my usb anymore and i had to re order a new one as it was Friday and customer support works only from Monday to Friday and couldn't wait until monday as i wanted to renew my server . Yeah a little bit my fault that i didn't thought that earlier but i couldn't imagine that i couldn't choose what to renew.

derchris
07-03-2009, 20:08
Quote Originally Posted by Expat
The setup fee is great cuts down on the seedboxers.
True.

I don't like the approach of most of the ppl using them for their uber ration on some not-so-famous torrent site.
I'm happy with the setup fee, as I would never by one of these.
As Expat already said, it will keep some of these seeders away from us.

Expat
07-03-2009, 17:17
The setup fee is great cuts down on the seedboxers.

Seedbox Paradis
07-03-2009, 00:15
If I was told to remove the advertising from my signature, I would have. It's quite funny that no one else is objecting to this besides me, but what the hell, its well into saturday and i'm lying here half sleeping

gased
06-03-2009, 23:44
And you there at seedbox paradise are reselling servers for a specific reason.. And you advertise it at ovh's forum also :/ Oles really should take a look at your website. :/

DigitalDaz
06-03-2009, 19:44
Quote Originally Posted by Seedbox Paradis
If it wasn't me, it would be someone else, and if you opened up registration to other parts of the country, everyone else would do the same, they have and they always will. So it doesn't make much difference whether they do it through me or directly via you guys, it will still create the same "turnover".

And is €9.99 reasonable when its 1/2 the price of an L server or 1/3 of an XL??
Yes, its resonable. Its also only 1/2 the price of an L, when you look at it the same way Oles does in that you only talk of the rental for one month. I don't think I would want people renting for just one month and bringing the name of my network into disrepute either. If they are renting it for a year then isn't only 1/24th.

Bottom line is you still won't find anything cheaper out there.

Seedbox Paradis
06-03-2009, 15:26
Seedbox Paradis a écrit:
>
> Oh great, so let's add some more fees to our completely unmanaged and
> unsupported servers, seeing as our clients were happy the kimsufi
> servers had no setup fees!!!! What is going on OVH.... I resell your
> servers and I get quite a lot of people ordering servers that they only
> need for a month.... YOU GUYS SUCK!!! Hey Oles why don't you trying to

we added he setup fee because of you. you have some servers and you
create us the turnover. the others customers can tell "thank you"
for the resellers like you .

> make all the money in the world by punishing us due to a few peoples
> mishaps and maybe act on getting better support for that cash huh? Cuz
> who's going to pocket that extra change being made from the new setup
> fees?

The money isn't what I'm looking for.
If it wasn't me, it would be someone else, and if you opened up registration to other parts of the country, everyone else would do the same, they have and they always will. So it doesn't make much difference whether they do it through me or directly via you guys, it will still create the same "turnover".

And is €9.99 reasonable when its 1/2 the price of an L server or 1/3 of an XL??

wackomoo
06-03-2009, 11:19
10 euro setup fee is very reasonable. I thank you for realizing that Kimsufi are budget servers and keeping it at only 10 eur

oles@ovh.net
06-03-2009, 07:54
Seedbox Paradis a écrit:
>
> Oh great, so let's add some more fees to our completely unmanaged and
> unsupported servers, seeing as our clients were happy the kimsufi
> servers had no setup fees!!!! What is going on OVH.... I resell your
> servers and I get quite a lot of people ordering servers that they only
> need for a month.... YOU GUYS SUCK!!! Hey Oles why don't you trying to

we added he setup fee because of you. you have some servers and you
create us the turnover. the others customers can tell "thank you"
for the resellers like you .

> make all the money in the world by punishing us due to a few peoples
> mishaps and maybe act on getting better support for that cash huh? Cuz
> who's going to pocket that extra change being made from the new setup
> fees?

The money isn't what I'm looking for.

Seedbox Paradis
06-03-2009, 01:15
Oh great, so let's add some more fees to our completely unmanaged and unsupported servers, seeing as our clients were happy the kimsufi servers had no setup fees!!!! What is going on OVH.... I resell your servers and I get quite a lot of people ordering servers that they only need for a month.... YOU GUYS SUCK!!! Hey Oles why don't you trying to make all the money in the world by punishing us due to a few peoples mishaps and maybe act on getting better support for that cash huh? Cuz who's going to pocket that extra change being made from the new setup fees?

slayer2005
05-03-2009, 20:26
Hello,
Offers Kimsufi change (a little). The objective is to adapt
tenders to technical. Indeed, we can not deliver
quantities of servers that you order as some are CPU
too difficult to achieve. So we change server 1 (XL) and develop a
other.

Also, since 2008, we have a very important tourover
servers, especially Kimsufi. We left unchanged despite the offer
tourover this to better understand the reasons, whether
is good or not good for our customers and Ovh. The finale, after
6 months of analysis, tourover servers has increased dramatically and
there in early March is very difficult to manage. There are groups
Ovh of customers who manage hundreds of servers while
changing each month. After the analysis of why they change
we found they do a "brothel line and
to avoid getting caught by the police, they change the
servers every month. Ovh does not wish to provide infrastructure
reliable, efficient and quality to this kind of activity but at the same
time we do not want to do police work, try to see
who does what and why etc.. We will therefore work on job
to "loyal customers to their machine (and thus avoid tourover)
This should significantly reduce this activity 'bordel line. How?
We decided to set up installation costs symbolic
for the range of Kimsufi: 9.99Euro HT. This is a "tax" to
all customers who constantly change servers. And those
faithful to their server are not affected. We tried to return
equation in every sense is the least punitive
for all customers, so we have chosen.

Regarding the range:
The Kimsufi XL Pentium HT evolves towards AMD Athlon LE 1660 1x2.8GHz
with 2GB of RAM, a 250GB disk with 100Mbps for 29.99Euro HT / month

The Kimsufi 2XL evolving in the platform. The CPU is
45m version. However, since it is Kimsufi server (which
enough), it is commercially Pentium Dual. Being
Kimsufi fact that the XL is now available in the quantities
resources, the promotion of "3 months" on the Kimsufi 2XL is complete.

Customers who have their servers and keep no change.
This change only for new customers / new
commands.

About:
http://www.kimsufi.com

Amicalement
Octave

oles@ovh.net
05-03-2009, 18:46
Hello,

The Kimsufi offers change (a little). The objective is to adapt offers to technical realities. Indeed, we can not deliver all servers that you ordered because some CPU are difficult to get. So we change 1 server (XL) and we evolve another one.

Also, since 2008, we have a very important tourover of servers, especially Kimsufi. We left the offer unchanged despite this tourover to better understand the reasons, whether it is good or not for our customers and for Ovh. At the end, after 6 months of analysis, the tourover of servers has increased dramatically and beginning of March it has become very difficult to manage. There are groups of Ovh customers who manage hundreds of servers while changing each month. After the analysis of why they change we found out that they do a "bordel line" activity and to avoid getting caught by the police, they change the servers every month. Ovh does not wish to provide reliable, efficient and quality infrastructure to this kind of activity but at the same time we do not want to do police work, by trying to see who does what and why etc.. We will therefore work on offers to "loyal customers to their machine" (and thus avoid tourover) This should significantly reduce this activity. How? We decided to add set up fees for the Kimsufi: £9.99 +VAT. This is a kind of "tax" to all customers who constantly change servers. And those faithful to their servers are not affected. We tried to make it fair in every sense and is the smallest burden for all customers, so we have chosen it.

Regarding the range:
The Kimsufi XL evolves from Pentium HT to a AMD Athlon LE 1660 1x2.8GHz with 2GB of RAM, a 250GB disk with 100Mbps for £29.99 +vat / month

The Kimsufi 2XL evolving its platform. The CPU is in 45m version. However, since it is Kimsufi servers (which is enough for me), commercially it's a Pentium Dual. Since Kimsufi XL is now available in sufficient quantities, the special offer of "3 months" on the Kimsufi 2XL has ended.

Customers who have their servers and keep them have no changes. This change only applies for new customers / new orders.

Find out more:
http://www.kimsufi.co.uk

Regards,

Octave