OVH Community, your new community space.

Ip Addresses

JP85
21-04-2008, 15:13
Thanks for the help m8. I'll make sure to do this.

Cheers!

IainK
21-04-2008, 14:13
Yes, the IP fail-over is configured as an extra IP address on your server.

If you wish to use it for DNS you can however OVH provide a secondary DNS server free with all accounts!

Simply setup ns1 with your server IP and
ns2 to the IP address shown in the Secondary DNS area in your manager.

JP85
21-04-2008, 13:57
I too need two IP addresses. Is it true that you can use the IP failover address as a second IP?

Marco
11-04-2008, 15:37
In order to point the correct name servers, customer should look into the following guide: http://help.ovh.co.uk/NewDNSServer

Therefore in your case you will need to use:

As the primary name server your own kimsufi: ksXXX.kimsufi.com
As the secondary DNS server the following one: ns.kimsufi.com

Afterwards you need to wait up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.

Nettus
11-04-2008, 15:32
couldnt we get them directly by going to ripe etc?

For now i might go with http://www.no-ip.com/ host my dns with them, But i spose i'll still need to setup the windows dns inside my windows server

Andy
11-04-2008, 14:43
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
Thanks

But the ip fall over feature is not enabled in my manager
I have just checked the OVH site, it would seem you only get 1 IP and no Fail-over IP. Sorry for the mistake.

To get nameservers working, just point them both to the same IP. This will work fine.

I believe OVH are working on a way to give people the option of more IP's. Something I look forward to.

Nettus
11-04-2008, 13:54
Thanks

But the ip fall over feature is not enabled in my manager

Andy
11-04-2008, 12:55
You get a second IP called an "IP Fail-over". You must set this up and use that as your second IP.

Nettus
11-04-2008, 12:05
I have a kimsurfi server with you and it only comes with 1 ip address. and to setup nameservers you require two for ns1 and ns2 i cant setup my windows dns with only one ip!

Is there away around this?