We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Data center

Nettus
11-04-2008, 16:35
True,

When ive setup a shoutcast server up it seemed ok and the speeds seem to be fast.

But ive noticed when you enable the "IRC" ports within your manager that it still doesnt seem to allow irc servers from the outside to connect,

Andy
11-04-2008, 15:56
Quote Originally Posted by Nettus
so ya dont host any servers with the same unlimited bandwidth within the uk? or is that a coming soon?
You will only notice a slightly higher latency compared to the servers being in the UK. I am in Middlesbrough on the Virgin Media network and I see pings of 38ms to my server. More than perfect if you ask me, especially for gaming. From Texas USA, I see 132ms solid to my OVH server.

Nettus
11-04-2008, 15:22
so ya dont host any servers with the same unlimited bandwidth within the uk? or is that a coming soon?

Allot
11-04-2008, 15:09
Quote Originally Posted by krogothzero
There have been several announcements of upgrades to the data centre used to house all the servers. I am just wondering whilst we'll never have any need to see the servers first hand any chance we could get a few pictures of what the place looks like?

I'd find it quite interesting to see what a corridor of kimsufi servers looks like. However if you'd rather not in the interests or security or if your cabling is less than tidy and donít really want to then itís no problem..
You can also view pictures of the data-centres components here:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/aboutus/visits/

Francois
11-04-2008, 14:50
R0b wrote:
> Iīd also love to see how the Data Center is laid out also. Although I
> work in a Data Center day in and day out, it is always nice to see the
> working environment of other Administrators!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LLkFwXiK1vQ

--
Francois

R0b
11-04-2008, 14:36
Iīd also love to see how the Data Center is laid out also. Although I work in a Data Center day in and day out, it is always nice to see the working environment of other Administrators!

krogothzero
11-04-2008, 14:25
There have been several announcements of upgrades to the data centre used to house all the servers. I am just wondering whilst we'll never have any need to see the servers first hand any chance we could get a few pictures of what the place looks like?

I'd find it quite interesting to see what a corridor of kimsufi servers looks like. However if you'd rather not in the interests or security or if your cabling is less than tidy and donít really want to then itís no problem..