OVH Community, your new community space.

Youtube to Block Music Video's

NickUK12
27-06-2009, 00:43
I use Youtube to watch and listen to music a lot. Youtube is always open on my Firefox same as Facebook :P They just open when my Firefox opens. Youtube personally is a great site.

unclebob
11-03-2009, 18:23
Quote Originally Posted by ScreenGoblin
Umm... not to kinda rain on your parade, but you do realise that Google and Youtube are one and the same yes?? any deal/recourse struck with google is the same as if it was with youtube and vice versa... so that whole sentance makes no sence at all....

SG
Yep, I know YouTube is run and owned by Google. (It's kinda implied in my second sentence.) I just used "YouTube" instead of "them" for a bit of variety in my post. I'll edit it to avoid confusion...

ScreenGoblin
11-03-2009, 00:39
Quote Originally Posted by unclebob
Hmmm...
[snip....]

The record labels want to upload their music videos for free and do so, then Google pay the PRS-MCPS alliance for the privilege of viewership. Google now decides that this is stupid - and rightly so - and reduces the amount it is willing to pay. The PRS-MCPS alliance disagrees with the new amount and then "makes a plea" to YouTube, trying to make Google look like the bad guys.

[snip...]
Umm... not to kinda rain on your parade, but you do realise that Google and Youtube are one and the same yes?? any deal/recourse struck with google is the same as if it was with youtube and vice versa... so that whole sentance makes no sence at all....

SG

slayer2005
11-03-2009, 00:08
i use utube when im really drunk on a saturday night thats about it.

*Mikee*
10-03-2009, 22:20
LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
I must be one big bored 35yr old kid then!! ROFL!!

rickyday
10-03-2009, 21:36
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
mainly kids I suppose who like watching music videos when they're bored.
I must be one big bored 35yr old kid then!! ROFL!!

unclebob
10-03-2009, 20:23
Hmmm...

I don't think the industries that rely on intellectual property are doing much to preserve themselves, which will may ultimately lead to their downfall.

The record labels want to upload their music videos for free and do so, then Google pay the PRS-MCPS alliance for the privilege of viewership. Google now decides that this is stupid - and rightly so - and reduces the amount it is willing to pay. The PRS-MCPS alliance disagrees with the new amount and then "makes a plea" to Google, trying to make Google look like the bad guys.

So now the artists lose out, YouTube loses visitors, consumers lose out and the disregard of intellectual property continues.

Chalk one up against intellectual property...

*Mikee*
10-03-2009, 19:56
Yeah i dont use youtube much - But there is ways past it

Andy
10-03-2009, 19:07
I saw it. It will affect some more than others, mainly kids I suppose who like watching music videos when they're bored.

*Mikee*
10-03-2009, 18:59
Anyone seen this ?

Code:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7933565.stm