OVH Community, your new community space.

What You Like Best About OVH !

*Mikee*
14-03-2009, 19:07
I like Skype Another 1 is VOIP Cheap --
Quote Originally Posted by Palad1n
How far north Andy...... Greenland???

Have you thought about a Telephone CPS package with Free UK Calls?

or get a Skype / VoIP package with FREE UK Calls, you can then call OVH all day without worrying about cost....

Andy
14-03-2009, 19:04
North as in North England, lol. I could use Skype but I call so infrequently its pointless. But when I do call I'm calling several times over a few days. This might happen once every 2 months or so.

Palad1n
14-03-2009, 19:02
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
I prefer e-mail if the issue is non-urgent, but if its urgent then I will phone up. Calling London isn't very cheap for me up North, so I avoid it if possible. Just 5 minutes on the phone costs about 1 so it can get costly.
How far north Andy...... Greenland???

Have you thought about a Telephone CPS package with Free UK Calls?

or get a Skype / VoIP package with FREE UK Calls, you can then call OVH all day without worrying about cost....

*Mikee*
13-03-2009, 23:34
+1
- Great prices
- Ability to add USB disks
- Great connectivity
- Great hardware
- Great support and an owner who cares enough to talk to his customers

Seedbox Paradis
13-03-2009, 21:09
Damn its impossible to be the last poster on a thread with Andy around :P Just keeps on rolling

Andy
13-03-2009, 21:05
Haha I wish

I don't call that often, but being a great helper on the forum they remember me Its a mixed blessing!

Seedbox Paradis
13-03-2009, 21:05
Hehe, caller ID goes a long way, I'd bet you're even added into their phone books by now under the name 'High Maintenance Freak'

rickyday
13-03-2009, 21:03
Until you deal with support or Oles directly you can't get a very good picture. Support is that good, whenever I call up they know me by name before I even give them my NIC-handle Especially Folarin, since he has dealt with me the most. Great guy Folarin, gets straight to the point
I bet they have a klaxon that sounds when they know its you calling Andy!

Andy
13-03-2009, 21:03
I prefer e-mail if the issue is non-urgent, but if its urgent then I will phone up. Calling London isn't very cheap for me up North, so I avoid it if possible. Just 5 minutes on the phone costs about 1 so it can get costly.

Seedbox Paradis
13-03-2009, 21:02
Yes the email response time is an issue, people do tend to email before they call as it's easier to exchange information such as emails, numbers, account names etc. because you don't need to spell everything out over the phone.

Andy
13-03-2009, 20:58
Phone is the best support I think, you get through instantly in every case I've ever used it and you get the support you need. Also they DO ring you back when they say they will, unlike most places!

I would prefer e-mail support if it was quicker, but since I started using e-mail support its often been days between replies, or 24 hours between replies. If it were quicker in the fact that they stick with a set of people to help rather than e-mailing back when they get round to it, it would be nice. My last provider did this and it was great, replies in under 10 minutes in every case. Couldn't fault it.

24/7 support in general would be nice, and Oles has assured us this is going to happen soon, but how soon is unclear. As always promises are broken so I tend to take anything thats said with a bag of salt!

Seedbox Paradis
13-03-2009, 20:55
Lol well I don't like using phones tbh, email support could be better, and a live chat feature would be nice. I wouldn't mind if say live chat was only available in English, most people do speak it, and to me its better than using phones

Andy
13-03-2009, 20:48
Until you deal with support or Oles directly you can't get a very good picture. Support is that good, whenever I call up they know me by name before I even give them my NIC-handle Especially Folarin, since he has dealt with me the most. Great guy Folarin, gets straight to the point

Seedbox Paradis
13-03-2009, 20:45
What Andy said, except for the last part :P

Andy
13-03-2009, 20:07
- Great prices
- Ability to add USB disks
- Great connectivity
- Great hardware
- Great support and an owner who cares enough to talk to his customers

Palad1n
13-03-2009, 18:10
- Ability to rebuild your OS in 20 mins to a multitude of OS versions.
- 10 month RPS for testing commands/apps/dependancies/image storage/backup space
- Network Connectivity / Peering & Transit are very good.

I am building a Full VMware ESXi / Infrastructure Datacentre for a customer who is going to be selling VDS' (business users not seedboxes!) and I am using the good things from OVH, Server.lu, jmh etc. to produce a platform for businesses that will satisfy their needs.

freshwire
13-03-2009, 16:58
I like talking to you the most Mike Without OVH this is not possible

*Mikee*
13-03-2009, 16:21
I'll let someone else write their's 1st