OVH Community, your new community space.

2 servers joined as 1

wackomoo
15-03-2009, 00:41
cuBnc supports combining dirs with different content though. For example a mirror of Debian of 100GB on server1 will show up as a folder named debian and the 2nd servers' ubuntu mirror of 800Gb will show up as a folder named ubuntu - all, seemingly, in the same ftp.

Dave
14-03-2009, 23:39
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Like can you do this with the ip load balancing as this gives u 1 ip?
It seems you may have found the solution, but i thought i would say something about the OVH load balancing option, even though you will essentially have a single IP with ovh's "load balancing" option the ip will only point to one IP at a time, depending on the load reported from each servers OCO protocol (Ovh Check Out program thingy) so if you were to FTP via your load balanced IP you would log onto the SINGLE server with the lowest load (in theory) i'd imagine if both servers had zero load it would take a round robin approach.

Myatu
14-03-2009, 23:01
Hey, that's a neat trick actually... I didn't know such a beast existed. Thanks wackomoo

slayer2005
14-03-2009, 09:35
Quote Originally Posted by wackomoo
You are the man m8.
thanks a lot.

wackomoo
14-03-2009, 09:20
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cubnc

Quote Originally Posted by SF
cuBnc is a multisite bnc for ftp servers. It allows you to have multiple slave-servers connected to one master. When you enter the master via normal ftp, you see the slaves as dirs. When you enter such a dir, you become logged in to the site.

Myatu
14-03-2009, 08:49
Yes, you lost me on that one

Are you trying to mirror a directory from server 1 to server 2 - so that they are identical copies? Do a Google on "rsync" in that case.

slayer2005
14-03-2009, 04:35
ok say i have 2 servers.
I open up flashfxp and login to server 1 and i open up another flashfxp and login to server 2.
Now is there anyway to login and see both directorys on both servers with just 1 login.
Like can you do this with the ip load balancing as this gives u 1 ip?
Am i loosing you on this?