OVH Community, your new community space.

im in hospital so my help will be sparse!

Andy
09-06-2009, 10:37
Been out of the ozzy a while now by the way

The tramadol is necessary to keep the aching away rather than "pain". It had a funny feeling when it was keeping pain away, a bit like butterflies Very freaky but so soothing...

elvis1
09-06-2009, 00:27
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
hey all,

my help on ovh forum will be sparse for a while as im in hospital, you can follow my progress if you like in announcements on www.betaarchive.co.uk under the admitted to hospital topic. i dont expect many people will care but you never know!

wish me well

andy
WTF man?? I didnt know anything at all..I am reading now.. best of luck!

hey guys, yeah it can be very painful but the painkiller tramadol keeps most of the pain at bay. the medication is slowly working now too, but its a slow process. its the worst illness ive ever been through, this is week 6 now, but only my 10th day in hospital.

the condition can be treated and controlled, but never cured. it could come back at any time in my life.

still, onwards and upwards!
Ive been on tramadol last summer ( I had a very big knee surgey in which they had to fracture my tibia/the big bone of the leg) and its quite good although it makes you feel dizzy :S..

get well soon dude

Mick
08-06-2009, 23:30
Sorry andy, just read your hospital notes, no operation needed then

I was eating fish in hospital and it seemed to help, then had apple pie & custard, Errr, bad idea lol

Andy
08-06-2009, 23:18
It's certainly got easier the last few weeks thats for sure. Still not 100% but still getting there slowly!

Mick
08-06-2009, 23:17
Dont worry m8, its gets easier, had about 18hrs of operations for that, and the doctor said, apperently its better to get it when your younger,

Few scars, but i dont mind, there are people worse off

Mick

Andy
11-04-2009, 10:43
Not perfect but I'm recovering at home now. Better than being in hospital thats for sure, I have all the home comforts around me (servers, pc's, free TV, proper food(!))

It's going to be months before I'm 100% again, but I'm getting there slowly.

Abducted
11-04-2009, 08:40
Good to hear! So how are you now?

Andy
05-04-2009, 00:15
I should post that I'm out now and recovering at home

Iray
05-04-2009, 00:12
i wish you all the best mate and get well soon.

Andy
28-03-2009, 10:12
hey guys, yeah it can be very painful but the painkiller tramadol keeps most of the pain at bay. the medication is slowly working now too, but its a slow process. its the worst illness ive ever been through, this is week 6 now, but only my 10th day in hospital.

the condition can be treated and controlled, but never cured. it could come back at any time in my life.

still, onwards and upwards!

rickyday
27-03-2009, 21:58
Quote Originally Posted by Abducted
I just read the 'admitted to hospital' thread and i'm sorry to hear it's most likely ulcerative colitis... Unfortunately that's not something that will just go away with a lot of rest and sleep or simple medication. Of course that's why you're in the hospital, but I think quite a few people think it's that simple if i read some of their replies. (of course they mean well )
Hopefully the doctors can calm the colitis down and create a stable condition for you. Well first improve your condition of course and then create a stable condition.
I wish you all the best now and in the future.
Yes i actually had to look on Google/Wikipedia and read up about it, and must say its sounds very painful and not nice at all tbh.

Get well soon mate

Abducted
27-03-2009, 21:50
I just read the 'admitted to hospital' thread and i'm sorry to hear it's most likely ulcerative colitis... Unfortunately that's not something that will just go away with a lot of rest and sleep or simple medication. Of course that's why you're in the hospital, but I think quite a few people think it's that simple if i read some of their replies. (of course they mean well )
Hopefully the doctors can calm the colitis down and create a stable condition for you. Well first improve your condition of course and then create a stable condition.
I wish you all the best now and in the future.

Andy
24-03-2009, 14:33
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Get well soon, Andy!
i hope to! thanks!

Myatu
24-03-2009, 13:49
Get well soon, Andy!

Andy
24-03-2009, 10:28
ill do my best s0phie thanks. theyre upping my treatment today so things will improve in the next 48 hours

S0phie
23-03-2009, 22:53
sadly its more serious than that as i say you can follow my progress on my site

thank you s0phie, i will do my best to reply here when i have the strength though!
Don't worry, take it easy and just get well soon

Andy
23-03-2009, 22:26
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
Get well soon Andy, hope it's just a case of "man-flu".
sadly its more serious than that as i say you can follow my progress on my site

Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
I was sure there was something wrong. We didn't see any reply from you for days I thought you were on holiday but unfortunately not.

I hope it's not too serious ... Get well soon
thank you s0phie, i will do my best to reply here when i have the strength though!

S0phie
23-03-2009, 18:09
I was sure there was something wrong. We didn't see any reply from you for days I thought you were on holiday but unfortunately not.

I hope it's not too serious ... Get well soon

fozl
23-03-2009, 17:44
hey all,

my help on ovh forum will be sparse for a while as im in hospital, you can follow my progress if you like in announcements on www.betaarchive.co.uk under the admitted to hospital topic. i dont expect many people will care but you never know!

wish me well

andy
Get well soon Andy, hope it's just a case of "man-flu".

Neil
23-03-2009, 16:19
Yes get well soon!

I am just about coping, but this forum might be a bit quite...

rickyday
23-03-2009, 16:04
Im sure Neil will cope

Seedbox Paradis
23-03-2009, 15:26
Hehe, hope you get well soon, otherwise these forums will be left unanswered for the most part

slayer2005
22-03-2009, 23:20
funny how? doubt youd see the funny side if our shoes were switched. some people have a heart you know!
Heart?
whats that.

freshwire
22-03-2009, 23:14
Oh nice you got a job as a doctor

rickyday
22-03-2009, 20:16
Get well soon mate, it sounds very nasty.

wackomoo
22-03-2009, 15:56
What happened? Wish you a swift recovery

Andy
22-03-2009, 15:30
funny how? doubt youd see the funny side if our shoes were switched. some people have a heart you know!

slayer2005
22-03-2009, 11:37
hey all,

wish me well

andy
lol to funny m8.

Andy
22-03-2009, 11:13
hey all,

wish me well

andy