OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH Kimsufi Server Price Increase

marks
30-03-2009, 15:55
There was a price update in all our servers at the end of last year. That was due to the steep decline in the exchange rate of Sterling against Euro. Cause of all OVH costs are based in France, OVH found that without this adjustment, it was selling in the UK below the costs.

The prices for NEW servers from then were all updated, so that NEW customer had it applied right away.

When it comes to renewals of existing customers, the change has been applied progressively as the renewals came and not to everybody had the update at the same time. Some renewals have been paid at the old price till March and the increase has been applied later.

Regarding Oles' offer of 30% off, that still applies for those who bought the server under that offer (that finished some time ago). The thing is that the discount is applied on the updated base price, so the offer is still applying to those who bought the server with it.

I hope this makes things more clearer and contribute to have a better understanding of the reasons for some decisions taken by OVH.

Regards

Winit
26-03-2009, 10:29
A new doesn't doesn't necessarily equal a new server. Every time you renew, it starts a new contract.

raidensnake
26-03-2009, 09:35
if that's the case I would be running a new server not the one I already have. according to the manager it's the same one but the price has been increased.

Winit
26-03-2009, 00:41
You're paying extra because you're starting a new contract.

raidensnake
25-03-2009, 23:26
it doesn't change... besides I can't afford to pay 3 months in advance... according to oles only new customers who keep changing servers have to pay the increased price... what I don't get is why I have to pay for it also when i wasn't informed of any price changes.

freshwire
25-03-2009, 13:38
Try setting it to renew for 3 months... what happens now?

raidensnake
25-03-2009, 09:58
according to the site I have to pay the higher price for april. I don't understand why when oles said existing servers would be unaffected.

Andy
24-03-2009, 21:32
i believe the price applied to 3 month contract purchases only not monthly.

rickyday
24-03-2009, 20:47
Might be better posting here?

http://forum.kimsufi.co.uk

raidensnake
24-03-2009, 19:47
I have had a server since november and I only found out that my renewel would be £5 more expensive per month. I wanted to know why ovh has increased the price of the kimsufi XL? I wasn't informed of the change whatsoever.