OVH Community, your new community space.

install own os

ruperthair
31-03-2009, 17:45
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
The HD option does work, but when you change to it and reboot it will schedule an intervention, but just ignore it and the server will come online after about 20 minutes.
What's it meant to do? I'm very interested in being able to boot my own kernel.

Neil
31-03-2009, 09:55
Quote Originally Posted by ruperthair
I don't think that the 'hd' option does anything on the RPS. As the RPS don't use server motherboards, they don't have the ability to boot from iSCSI. The only option is to boot from the network and then use the Linux kernel's iSCSI support to mount the 'disk'.
The HD option does work, but when you change to it and reboot it will schedule an intervention, but just ignore it and the server will come online after about 20 minutes.

If a tech does check, he will see what you are doing

ruperthair
29-03-2009, 16:54
Quote Originally Posted by hillo10
We can boot a RPS using the HD option
I don't think that the 'hd' option does anything on the RPS. As the RPS don't use server motherboards, they don't have the ability to boot from iSCSI. The only option is to boot from the network and then use the Linux kernel's iSCSI support to mount the 'disk'.

hillo10
27-03-2009, 23:34
From what i gather, the rps boots from iSCSI, it just uses a kernel on the network. We can boot a RPS using the HD option, however i can not seem to get grub to work, might be a case of the iSCSI. Would this not be possible through a VNC connection?

Palad1n
27-03-2009, 18:11
No,

The RPS boots from iSCSI SAN, not local HDD.

Get a Kimsufi or Big OVH and install manually.

hillo10
26-03-2009, 22:43
Hi is it possible to install your own os? if so how can it be done

thanks.