We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Slow Upload Speed


oles@ovh.net
29-05-2008, 08:24
scarbora a écrit:
>
> ok i just had to say something


I've just said "you can't make a test from ftp.proxad.net, because ..."
nothing else ...



scarbora
29-05-2008, 05:01
ok i just had to say something

firstly if they advertise 100/100 the you have to be capable of reaching that so it would have to be full duplex

and as for speed i have achieved 11.2MB down whilst giving 10.8MB up at the same time so the speed is there im not going to get into the debate about where is the best place to test your speed as it seems this forums as just turned into a slagging match

and trust me i dont work for ovh and have less reason then most to praise them, i waited 3 weeks for my order, then it came in chinese and then after 6 hours it had issues and went down for the next 6 hours.

but on the speed of these boxes they are spot on and one thing that hasnt been mentioned your actual server could be the issues noting to do with the speed because the more data you dl or ul the more work your processor and ram are doing

oles@ovh.net
28-05-2008, 23:54
JALZOO a écrit:
>
> proxad.net is also free.fr
>
> I allways get pretty much 100mb/s never had any problems with slow
> downloads with them. Assuming what oles said 10mbps is approx 1.24mb/s
> download, I can get like 90+ Mbps downloading from free.fr/proxad and


you didn't read exactly what I've written. I rewrite it:

proxad's network is protected. you can make a connexion with 10Mbps max.
and you can't push an attack to proxad's network more that 10Mbps

PAR FLOW, per connexion, par download.
NOT AGGREGATED alias "total(ALL FLOWS)"

I'm not talking about "total" alias "sum(all connexions), but
limit PER CONNEXION. you are limited to 10Mbps / connexion and
if you have 9 connexions in the SAME time, it means: 9x10Mbps = 90Mbps
but each connexion is limited to max 10Mbps

if you like to read:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swit...erence/P1.html

look for "police flow", not "police cir".

so you can't really test a speed download from ftp.proxad.net.


JALZOO
28-05-2008, 15:14
proxad.net is also free.fr

I allways get pretty much 100mb/s never had any problems with slow downloads with them. Assuming what oles said 10mbps is approx 1.24mb/s download, I can get like 90+ Mbps downloading from free.fr/proxad and thats 10+ mb/s download..


edwards
27-05-2008, 19:03
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
> The 'Proxad server'
> (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/proxad50.jpg) had an
> average speed of just 1.68MB/s (I tried it twice)


it's normal: they limite the traffic per flow. you can't get
a file from and to this network with > 10Mbps. the max per
download is 10Mbps.
Not really. I`m using proxad always for ISOs ( a few times a day) and I never saw anything below 10Mbps from OVH. Thats true oles, you are right about ~10Mbps maximum speed. The MB from my server is an intel D201GLY with 10/100 Mbits/sec LAN subsystem using the Broadcom* LAN adapter device, so is no way to go over.

But, so far herra is happy now.

Thank you oles for your input. :-)

herra, use this for upload:

ftp server : titan.linux.edu
user: uploadtest
password: uploadtest

Good luck!

oles@ovh.net
27-05-2008, 18:54
> The 'Proxad server'
> (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...c/proxad50.jpg) had an
> average speed of just 1.68MB/s (I tried it twice)


it's normal: they limite the traffic per flow. you can't get
a file from and to this network with > 10Mbps. the max per
download is 10Mbps.


Andy
27-05-2008, 18:48
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Andy a écrit:
>
> edwards;4151 Wrote:
>> from dmesg:
>>
>> eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0x2000, IRQ 16, 00:1c:c0:4b:cd:46
>> eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex
>>
>>
>> That means you are wrong about the full-duplex.

>
> The OS will display full-duplex but the router you're connected to
> won't allow it. It has seemed in the past some routers have been


there is no speed limit on input and no limit on output. all network
is full duplex (I don't know if half duplex really exist in production).
I've asked on several occasions if it was half-duplex and was told it was...

herra
27-05-2008, 14:56
Quote Originally Posted by edwards
herra, try to download this ISO: ftp://ftp.proxad.net/mirrors/cdimage...-i386-CD-1.iso

This is proxad network and (maybe) the upstream for OVH. Is no way for proxad to be slow.

A few more links for testing:

1. http://titan.linux.edu/debian-40r3-i386-CD-1.iso (100Mbps connection)
2. http://securityrisk.org/debian-40r3-i386-CD-1.iso (OVH network- 100Mbps)

Good Luck!
Hi edwards

thanks for your input..

The Proxad server had an average speed of just 1.68MB/s (I tried it twice)

The Titan Server averaged 5.59MB/s

And the Security Risk Server 5.87MB/s

So, around half of what I should expect...

And as everyone insists that you really have to work to max out the line I thought I'd try d/l all 3 files at the same time.. here is the result 6.38 MB/s. (51.04 megabits per sec) Nowhere near approaching 100megabits.

However, on a seperate test today I maxed out at 10.9 MB/s (before the predictable "disk overload" brought things grinding to a halt as usual) my download speeds seem to have improved :-)

Got any upload links for me to test?

Thanks

oles@ovh.net
27-05-2008, 13:26
> simply don't know how to utilize 100Mbps of bandwidth. Simple as that.

true. it's quite difficult to create 100Mbps of traffic ...

oles@ovh.net
27-05-2008, 13:02
Andy a écrit:
>
> edwards;4151 Wrote:
>> from dmesg:
>>
>> eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0x2000, IRQ 16, 00:1c:c0:4b:cd:46
>> eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex
>>
>>
>> That means you are wrong about the full-duplex.

>
> The OS will display full-duplex but the router you're connected to
> won't allow it. It has seemed in the past some routers have been


there is no speed limit on input and no limit on output. all network
is full duplex (I don't know if half duplex really exist in production).


oles@ovh.net
27-05-2008, 13:00
> Its a Half Duplex line, not Full Duplex.

it's full duplex. you can do 100Mbps input and 100Mbps output
in the same time.


Andy
27-05-2008, 12:26
Quote Originally Posted by edwards
from dmesg:

eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0x2000, IRQ 16, 00:1c:c0:4b:cd:46
eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex


That means you are wrong about the full-duplex.
The OS will display full-duplex but the router you're connected to won't allow it. It has seemed in the past some routers have been mis-configured so they do allow it which is lucky for some I suppose.

edwards
27-05-2008, 04:48
herra, try to download this ISO: ftp://ftp.proxad.net/mirrors/cdimage...-i386-CD-1.iso

This is proxad network and (maybe) the upstream for OVH. Is no way for proxad to be slow.

A few more links for testing:

1. http://titan.linux.edu/debian-40r3-i386-CD-1.iso (100Mbps connection)
2. http://securityrisk.org/debian-40r3-i386-CD-1.iso (OVH network- 100Mbps)

Good Luck!

edwards
27-05-2008, 04:41
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
etc...

Its a Half Duplex line, not Full Duplex.

from dmesg:

eth0: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0x2000, IRQ 16, 00:1c:c0:4b:cd:46
eth0: Media Link On 100mbps full-duplex


That means you are wrong about the full-duplex.

herra
27-05-2008, 02:10

Andy
27-05-2008, 02:03
Quote Originally Posted by herra
and the link(s)?
What do you mean "and the links?". I didn't provide any links because links can go bad over time. Simply go and find a few downloads like SP2 for XP or something similar. Anything thats over a few hundred MB will do.

herra
27-05-2008, 02:02
and the link(s)?

Andy
27-05-2008, 01:54
Quote Originally Posted by herra
Andy,

Forgive me for being so stupid! I think I've got it...

Torrents aren't a good test of speed. Speed Tests aren't a good test of speed. Downloading from OVH isn't a good test of speed, downloading from your server isn't a good test of speed.

Instead of repeating what is NOT a good test of speed (almost everything according to you), why not post a few links etc of what *is* a good test of speed.
If you bothered to read the help document like I told you to, you'd see this.



3. How to test your servers speed

First off, I’d like to issue you with some “don’t do’s”.

1. Don’t use speedtests as a measure of speed. You can find out why below in the FAQ.
2. Don’t use torrents as a measure of speed. Again, see below.
3. Don’t use single threaded downloads as a measure of speed. See below again.

So how can I ‘properly’ test my server’s speed?
Well, I’d best answer this one by saying “put it out into the real world production”, but often people ask for a better answer and proof their server can do what they want/expect it to.

The best way to test speed is by using a multi-threaded HTTP or FTP download/upload. It can be hard to do the upload test because you probably can’t find anywhere to upload a file to freely.

Download
Firstly, find a reputable download site that you know has plenty of bandwidth available. Microsoft is a good example. Find a few big files to download and queue them in a download manager with a few threads (connections) each. Set them all downloading at the same time and check the speed. If you’re lucky, it should hit the full speed (1Gbps servers might have issues due to ‘hard disk lag’ and the fact that you will likely not find somewhere capable of giving you 1Gbps of data).

Upload
This one is tricky. You will have to find someone who has a nice big meaty server and pipe, in OVH or not, who is willing to give you an FTP account that you can freely upload a file to. I have supplied accounts to a few people in the past for testing but I can’t do this as an ‘open to all’ thing because of the bottleneck it would cause to my own server.

Once you have the account, get some files to upload and stick them in the queue. As the download explanation says, use a few threads to upload. Most FTP clients won’t allow multi-threading on a single file but it will upload several files at once. If you’re lucky you’ll get a respectable upload speed.

herra
27-05-2008, 01:50
Andy,

Forgive me for being so stupid! I think I've got it...

Torrents aren't a good test of speed. Speed Tests aren't a good test of speed. Downloading from OVH isn't a good test of speed, downloading from your server isn't a good test of speed.

Instead of repeating what is NOT a good test of speed (almost everything according to you), why not post a few links etc of what *is* a good test of speed.

then, if its really good, maybe OVH can put it on their web page, next to the bit that says 100mbit Speeds (but not for Torrents, Speed tests, Servers, Andy's server, Microsoft, etc etc etc because 99% of you people are so stupid you'll never understand how to really get it!)

sigh!

Give me a link or links (multi-threaded, torrented, wrapped in plastic or not!) where you can actually achieve upload speeds of 100mbits. Don't tell me what I can't do. I know what I can't do.

Put up or shut up!

Andy
27-05-2008, 01:30
Quote Originally Posted by herra
Ok lets try a ....I'm going to say it Andy.. are you ready?.. here it comes.... a.. a.. torrent!!!

yes, a few people out there do use them..!!

Latest Ubuntu .. probably one of the best seeded torrents out there... (legal!)
I maxed out at 9561kB/s near the end. Not bad at all.
http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/file?...B%E6%F3%BCh%B2


So I know, as per the above tests, that the download speeds can be achieved.
But what is the title of this theme? Yup.. UPLOAD speeds. So I'm still not convined about them. But thanks for your time. Have a good night yourself.
You obviously don't seem to understand that upload is very hard to measure without real-life tests. What else you could do is now seed that torrent you just downloaded. What speed do you get? Low? OK open up more connections in the torrent client. Then it should pick up.

Torrents aren't a good measure of speed either though again stated in my help document but nothing else can persuade you so I have nothing else to offer.

herra
27-05-2008, 01:24
Ok lets try a ....I'm going to say it Andy.. are you ready?.. here it comes.... a.. a.. torrent!!!

yes, a few people out there do use them..!!

Latest Ubuntu .. probably one of the best seeded torrents out there... (legal!)
I maxed out at 9561kB/s near the end. Not bad at all.
http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/file?...B%E6%F3%BCh%B2


So I know, as per the above tests, that the download speeds can be achieved.
But what is the title of this theme? Yup.. UPLOAD speeds. So I'm still not convinced about them. But thanks for your time. Have a good night yourself.

Andy
27-05-2008, 01:04
Quote Originally Posted by herra
Right.. and maybe there were leaves on the telephone line...

Take off the blinkers fanboy
Maybe so. If you don't want my help don't take it. I'm telling you the facts. If you can't accept them than thats not my problem. Everyone else I've told has eventually understood why they can't easily gain 100Mbps utilisation.

Have a good evening.

herra
27-05-2008, 01:01
Right.. and maybe there were leaves on the telephone line...

Take off the blinkers fanboy

Andy
27-05-2008, 00:54
Quote Originally Posted by herra
Well you aint proved it here. I've done everything suggested and have yet to see speeds as advertised. Andy.. you're very helpful but you are a bit of a fanboy. Take a step back mate. You don't work for em you know!?!
Your speedtest.net test shows there is nothing wrong with the connection.

Here is mine now:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/276283661.png

I'm using 30Mbps of bandwidth anyway at the time of the test but there is nothing wrong with my connection. You also have to remember the server running the speedtest won't just be doing yours at the time you run it. It could be doing several other tests as well, which will reduce the bandwidth available for your test.

herra
27-05-2008, 00:46
Well you aint proved it here. I've done everything suggested and have yet to see speeds as advertised. Andy.. you're very helpful but you are a bit of a fanboy. Take a step back mate. You don't work for em you know!?!

Andy
27-05-2008, 00:40
Quote Originally Posted by herra
yes I know! That's what I said! The speedtest first measures the download speed. Then Stops and then measures the upload speed. So.. it should get 100 on both.

Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...%2fFSXDemo.exe

Flisht Sim X demo

Averaging around 3570 kB/s peaking at most 3810 kB/s.

Come on.. you can't STILL be defending this!
Like I said, speedtests are not a good way of checking speed. I've never ever got full speed on any speedtest. They're simply not designed for such high speed connections.

Do more than one Microsoft download. Its very hard to max out a 100Mbps connection single threaded.

This is the problem with 99% of people that have speed issues; they simply don't know how to utilize 100Mbps of bandwidth. Simple as that. Myself and several other people have proven this in other topics.

herra
27-05-2008, 00:39
and here's one without the surfspeed rubbish
http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/Sho...?ID=64,510,935

Download speed: 90,181.22 (11,272.65) 87%
Upload speed: 59,742.23 (7,467.77) 100%
Latency: 31 milliseconds

But...

The upload speed can be as low as .. 15,734.27 (1,966.78) 26% on some tests

http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/Sho...?ID=64,510,963

herra
27-05-2008, 00:36
Here's another one:
http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/Sho...?ID=64,510,902

kilobit/sec (kilobyte/sec)
Download speed: 103,736.17 (12,967.02) 100%
Upload speed: 50,264.42 (6,283.05) 100%

Surfspeed inside France: 883.05 (110.38) 100%
Latency: 47 milliseconds

herra
27-05-2008, 00:31
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
If you want to do a proper test rather than that speedtest.net bull **** ect.
Go to www.numion.com and do a test from there,ive been using it for all my servers in the last 2 years and its a lot more accurate.You just need to make sure you have java installed.
Try it and see if theres any differance :-)
http://www.numion.com/YourSpeed3/Sho...?ID=64,510,853

Surfspeed inside France: 506.45 kilobits (63.30 kilobytes)

herra
27-05-2008, 00:28
yes I know! That's what I said! The speedtest first measures the download speed. Then Stops and then measures the upload speed. So.. it should get 100 on both.

Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...%2fFSXDemo.exe

Flisht Sim X demo

Averaging around 3570 kB/s peaking at most 3810 kB/s.

Come on.. you can't STILL be defending this!

slayer2005
27-05-2008, 00:27
If you want to do a proper test rather than that speedtest.net bull **** ect.
Go to www.numion.com and do a test from there,ive been using it for all my servers in the last 2 years and its a lot more accurate.You just need to make sure you have java installed.
Try it and see if theres any differance :-)

Andy
27-05-2008, 00:20
Quote Originally Posted by herra
But Andy, They're not fine. Even on this test - which is by far the best of about 10 I've done - the speeds are HALF what is promised - 100 megabits per second upload and 100 megabits per second download.

The speedtest doesn't do the two things together. It does one, then the other.. so 48.2 and 58.3 (when the wind is in the right direction) is still around half of the promised speed.
You have to remember the connection is 100Mbps total, not in each direction. You can do:

100Mbps up and 0 down
100Mbps down and 0 up
50Mbps down and 50Mbps up
20Mbps up and 80Mbps down

etc...

Its a Half Duplex line, not Full Duplex.

Also, speedtests are never recommended to prove speeds. The way to prove speeds is to find a reliable source such as Microsoft and download several files from them. OVH will tell you the same thing. Thats the reason I explained this in the help document. Have you read it yet?

herra
27-05-2008, 00:16
But Andy, They're not fine. Even on this test - which is by far the best of about 10 I've done - the speeds are HALF what is promised - 100 megabits per second upload and 100 megabits per second download.

The speedtest doesn't do the two things together. It does one, then the other.. so 48.2 and 58.3 (when the wind is in the right direction) is still around half of the promised speed.

Andy
27-05-2008, 00:03
Quote Originally Posted by herra
OK.. Windows updated.. (no new NIC drivers..all already done)
Server rebooted
Nothing running in BG
HTTP: 4041 kB/s
FTP: 2047 kB/s

Speedtest (Roubaix) http://www.speedtest.net/result/276259979.png
Ping: 10ms

Download: 49407 kilobits (kilobytes 6176, megabits 48.2, megabytes 6.03,)

Upload: 59665 kilobits (kilobytes 7458, megabits 58.3, megabytes 7.28)
The speedtest results are perfectly fine. Your connection is working perfectly. Speedtests will never work properly for such fast connections anyway. They're designed for residential adsl/cable not high speed like our servers.

I can't understand the slow FTP speed though. HTTP is limited to 4MB/s on my server for some reason (something to do with TCP settings which need tweaking but the software company hasn't done it yet), and you got the full speed on that so its all good.

Try doing what it says in my help document, download something very big from somewhere like Microsoft and see what speeds you get from them. I often get 60-80Mbps from Microsoft no problem at all.

herra
26-05-2008, 23:59
OK.. Windows updated.. (no new NIC drivers..all already done)
Server rebooted
Nothing running in BG
HTTP: 4041 kB/s
FTP: 2047 kB/s

Speedtest (Roubaix) http://www.speedtest.net/result/276259979.png
Ping: 10ms

Download: 49407 kilobits (kilobytes 6176, megabits 48.2, megabytes 6.03,)

Upload: 59665 kilobits (kilobytes 7458, megabits 58.3, megabytes 7.28)

Few mins later a second one.. MUCH slower..
http://www.speedtest.net/result/276269601.png

And another.. (only 728kilobits upload!) http://www.speedtest.net/result/276270319.png

raidensnake
26-05-2008, 23:24
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Try updating your NIC drivers through Windows update. You should always do this before anything else.
I hate to say this but the original manufacturers drivers work a lot better than default windows update ones. I can find out the latest update if it's available and most of the time the windows update ones are badly outdated.

Andy
26-05-2008, 22:20
Quote Originally Posted by herra
OK Andy:

Your HTTP Link: 4.1MB/sec
Your FTP Link: 2.2MB/sec
Speedtest Upload 1615kbps
Speedtest Download 1682kbps

Any more ideas??
Try updating your NIC drivers through Windows update. You should always do this before anything else.

herra
26-05-2008, 21:38
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Try www.speedtest.net or the speedtest links in my signature. You will see 100Mbps if you find a server capable of giving you 100Mbps. I have maxed out 100Mbps on many occasions for days on end no problem.
OK Andy:

Your HTTP Link: 4.1MB/sec
Your FTP Link: 2.2MB/sec
Speedtest Upload 1615kbps
Speedtest Download 1682kbps

Any more ideas??

raidensnake
26-05-2008, 17:42
hold up... do you mean 11megabits or 11megabytes... don't get them confused...

I know this for a fact. 100megabits/sec is around 11megabytes/sec as there's 8 bits in 1 byte... if it says 11mbytes then it's about right.

all ISP's and webhosts go by megabits format so a lot of people get confused by the difference.

Andy
26-05-2008, 17:24
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
Seriously if you read any of the posts above you would see that no one can give you any answers unless you provide some sort of evidence you will see some examples above.. Once youve gatherd your evidence contact support then they may be able to sort the problem out for you. Please also bear in mind that speedtests may not be 100% reliable.. If 10 100mbit servers Simultaenously connected to that speed test your resualt will not be reliable.. I would reccomend downloading a test file ftp://ftp.ovh.net/test.bin that should give you a more reliable speed test.
Nailed it on the head. I also suggest you read the help file at the top of the forum which I wrote. It explains a lot of reasons why you may not get full speed and how to test the speed reliably.

JALZOO
26-05-2008, 17:23
Quote Originally Posted by herra
I too am suffering terrible speeds.
This is certainly not what I expected when I read 100mb/s

I have a kimsufi 08. Windows 2000 server

Speeds normally dont go over 3mb/s up and 6 down.

Connecting to hitnews.eu which offer a 30mb/sec line.

their speedtest http://www.xentech.net/speedtest//download.phpshows max possible connection is:

Download Speed: 5.34 Mbps
Upload Speed 9.48 Mbps

I have poorer results with usenetserver.com with 12 connections.

So.. I don't get it.. Don't give me the flannel please. I'm never going to see anywhere like 100 Mbps am I ? It is a carefully worded, delicately disguised... deception.

or do you know better???

Seriously if you read any of the posts above you would see that no one can give you any answers unless you provide some sort of evidence you will see some examples above.. Once youve gatherd your evidence contact support then they may be able to sort the problem out for you. Please also bear in mind that speedtests may not be 100% reliable.. If 10 100mbit servers Simultaenously connected to that speed test your resualt will not be reliable.. I would reccomend downloading a test file ftp://ftp.ovh.net/test.bin that should give you a more reliable speed test. Also please understand that just because the speedtest is located in the EU your not allways going to get 100mb/100mb.

Andy
26-05-2008, 17:20
Quote Originally Posted by herra
I too am suffering terrible speeds.
This is certainly not what I expected when I read 100mb/s

I have a kimsufi 08. Windows 2000 server

Speeds normally dont go over 3mb/s up and 6 down.

Connecting to hitnews.eu which offer a 30mb/sec line.

their speedtest http://www.xentech.net/speedtest//download.phpshows max possible connection is:

Download Speed: 5.34 Mbps
Upload Speed 9.48 Mbps

I have poorer results with usenetserver.com with 12 connections.

So.. I don't get it.. Don't give me the flannel please. I'm never going to see anywhere like 100 Mbps am I ? It is a carefully worded, delicately disguised... deception.

or do you know better???
Try www.speedtest.net or the speedtest links in my signature. You will see 100Mbps if you find a server capable of giving you 100Mbps. I have maxed out 100Mbps on many occasions for days on end no problem.

herra
26-05-2008, 17:02
I too am suffering terrible speeds.
This is certainly not what I expected when I read 100mb/s

I have a kimsufi 08. Windows 2000 server

Speeds normally dont go over 3mb/s up and 6 down.

Connecting to hitnews.eu which offer a 30mb/sec line.

their speedtest http://www.xentech.net/speedtest//download.phpshows max possible connection is:

Download Speed: 5.34 Mbps
Upload Speed 9.48 Mbps

I have poorer results with usenetserver.com with 12 connections.

So.. I don't get it.. Don't give me the flannel please. I'm never going to see anywhere like 100 Mbps am I ? It is a carefully worded, delicately disguised... deception.

or do you know better???

Andy
15-04-2008, 17:38
Quote Originally Posted by Bruno
Oh.. it's a guy ? I thought she was a girl.. because of the name..
Female version is Andi not Andy Also short for Andrew

Bruno
15-04-2008, 16:59
Quote Originally Posted by Seaphysio
andy will reply you cause this guy is
Oh.. it's a guy ? I thought she was a girl.. because of the name..

Allot
15-04-2008, 16:21
Quote Originally Posted by zemon
Im running wine and utorrent with centos as my os.
This is the ovh package im using.
http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml
My download speed is fine 11MB/s but my upload speed has never gone above 5MB/s.
On other 100Mbps dedicated servers rented I have got 11MB/s up and 11MB/s down.
Anyone know what the reason for the slow upload speed is?
Can you provide:

- Server name
- Link/Content of what you are trying to download
- Evidence of the rate of download (maybe a screenshot or download summary)

From here I will investigate into this matter for you.

Allot

zemon
13-04-2008, 23:38
Quote Originally Posted by Seaphysio
omg....another meaningless post WITHOUT any evidence / clues / no matter ....concerning the details ( ip , nichandle ) of the server.....

what can we say.... andy will reply you cause this guy is SOOOOOOO patient :P

cheers.
WTF
1st post

Andy
13-04-2008, 23:38
Quote Originally Posted by Seaphysio
andy will reply you cause this guy is SOOOOOOO patient :P

cheers.
Thank you for the compliment I offer help on many forums and I have been known to be both very patient and very unpatient, so watch out

Seaphysio
13-04-2008, 23:36
omg....another meaningless post WITHOUT any evidence / clues / no matter ....concerning the details ( ip , nichandle ) of the server.....

what can we say.... andy will reply you cause this guy is SOOOOOOO patient :P

cheers.

Andy
13-04-2008, 23:35
What are you trying to do when uploading? I have an FTP link you can upload to for testing if you would like to test your upload.

If you are using torrents, forget it, its not a good measurement of speed.

zemon
13-04-2008, 23:31
Im running wine and utorrent with centos as my os.
This is the ovh package im using.
http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/start100mpluslarge.xml
My download speed is fine 11MB/s but my upload speed has never gone above 5MB/s.
On other 100Mbps dedicated servers rented I have got 11MB/s up and 11MB/s down.
Anyone know what the reason for the slow upload speed is?