OVH Community, your new community space.

Order status

S0phie
11-04-2009, 11:56
Quote Originally Posted by james2k9
yes i realise this

e-mails no response (even 8 days later..)
phone - un informed staff
emails => are you talking about emails sent to customersupport@ovh.co.uk ?

phone=> what was your question?

Andy
11-04-2009, 10:42
I have to admit the customer support response time is till a bit dire considering how big OVH is... I hope they really do sort this out soon as Oles has stated it will be. But I take what he says with a pinch of salt normally, promises are continually broken.

james2k9
10-04-2009, 20:20
yes i realise this

e-mails no response (even 8 days later..)
Ticket system.. 3-4 days
phone - un informed staff

Andy
09-04-2009, 22:05
The forum isn't a support method for OVH, even though staff do look on the forum, the proper support methods are phone and e-mail. You'll get a much quicker response there.

Glad you finally got your server.

james2k9
09-04-2009, 21:49
Finally got it today

im thankfull as to make up for the "lateness" i was given a duel core not a single core, still only 512mb ram but thats good anyhow

only issue now is theres a DNS problem

Customer support on this place is seemingly none existant using the "contact support" in control panel, its ok as i can use IP's for most thing dont need domains but its anoying

thanks ovh

Andy
08-04-2009, 12:55
YES - ive e-mailed

i given up on finding out where along the system this is..

ive e-mailed
asked on the forum
called u guys

all i get is "wait"

i dont mind waiting, i know it'll eventually arrive
but when
As stated in the news from Oles, the backlog will be cleared by the end of the week.

james2k9
08-04-2009, 12:53
YES - ive e-mailed

i given up on finding out where along the system this is..

ive e-mailed
asked on the forum
called u guys

all i get is "wait"

i dont mind waiting, i know it'll eventually arrive
but when

fozl
08-04-2009, 12:10
Domains online, and that was free

but its this rps starting to get to the tips of my hair

no return on whats happening with it at all - yesterday for hours its status changed to "in progress" and then back to "to do" and today it changed to "in progress" and now its on "to do"

so which is it

someone.. please answer

---edit
still nothing on the rps no response to my e-mails or questions i would call but is there a real point? not like they would take me seriusly it appears they dont take many customers seriusly lucky i know ovh have quite a good reputation and i know how to find general information, other customers would be threatening law suites by now lol(probably not literly but u get the idea)

im just waiting no real point in this thead any more so no one needs to reply (like i would get any sense from here anyhow?)

hope this things online soon loosing intrest

-waiting is the only answer (please ovh give your customer the sense they are not just sitting ducks! let us know whats happening)

Lock dis thead up
Have you emailed us at customersupport@ovh.co.uk?

If not, please do so. It is probably caught in the backlog but I'd like to confirm this.

james2k9
08-04-2009, 11:02
yeah i totally get that.. i responded in a firm way and didnt show emotion, sorry to give you the wrong impression with my response, yes, split shifts are a drag, anyway, phoned OVH, no sense from the tech guy but he was indeed kind, still no word on the oder..

trotting off to GYM

talk later peeps

rickyday
08-04-2009, 07:30
i work 4 hours on a morning go to gym through day and work 3 hours on a night, its not as easy as it sounds

working twice a day
I was only playing, i assumed you did something like that.

Split shifts are not nice I used to hate them so i applaude you for doing them mate

james2k9
07-04-2009, 23:35
Domains online, and that was free

but its this rps starting to get to the tips of my hair

no return on whats happening with it at all - yesterday for hours its status changed to "in progress" and then back to "to do" and today it changed to "in progress" and now its on "to do"

so which is it

someone.. please answer

---edit
still nothing on the rps no response to my e-mails or questions i would call but is there a real point? not like they would take me seriusly it appears they dont take many customers seriusly lucky i know ovh have quite a good reputation and i know how to find general information, other customers would be threatening law suites by now lol(probably not literly but u get the idea)

im just waiting no real point in this thead any more so no one needs to reply (like i would get any sense from here anyhow?)

hope this things online soon loosing intrest

-waiting is the only answer (please ovh give your customer the sense they are not just sitting ducks! let us know whats happening)

Lock dis thead up

james2k9
07-04-2009, 21:56
i work 4 hours on a morning go to gym through day and work 3 hours on a night, its not as easy as it sounds

working twice a day

Domain online now

rickyday
07-04-2009, 21:22
im going to work now in any case, ill be back in 3 hours
Now thats my kinda day

james2k9
07-04-2009, 17:04
what about domains?
i ordered a domain and its still in progress..

very wierd considering i imagine domains are an automated process
im going to work now in any case, ill be back in 3 hours
hopefully there will be some change

marks
07-04-2009, 16:17
that's right, we're still catching up with the backlog. Your server should be delivered soon.

Andy
07-04-2009, 00:20
100% agreed with you.

james2k9
07-04-2009, 00:07
The issue has being posted on there for almost 2 days now from what i can make out, and progress is at 0%

i understand they must be extremly busy but what ive known of OVH in the past is they are generally quick and efficiant

however, i do understand there are issues they have to deal with but informing the customer before hand is ALOT easyier and saves hassel - i mean.. would they rather have a few customers not sign up for a few days because of issues, would give them time to cat ch up.. but rather they dont tell the customer then the customer is upset when there service takes ages to arrive

1. Tell the customers : They hold off from ordering for a while
2. Dont tell us: we buy, your order backlog STACKS up, More staff time takn by customer complaints and order cancelations

#2 Definatly makes more sense,
im a little disapointed, but dont take what i say the wrong way, this is my first order with OVH but i have baught from re-sellers and used freinds kimsufi/ovh products and being very impressed
i imagine i will continue to be impressed.. but for the love of god OVH - put the delivery times back up on the order page.. your customers will respect you more for it

Thanks
-James

Andy
06-04-2009, 23:53
Its an urgent issue as it affects everyone, they will be working around the clock on it or nobody can do reinstalls. There is a backlog of deployment anyway so either way you'll be waiting I'm afraid. OVH don't post the waiting time on the order page as it deters people from buying, as you can understand, but its come to the point where they really should...

james2k9
06-04-2009, 23:52
oh loked at that - i canjust make out what its about
and the progress is at 0%
nice one, going to be waiting ages then arnt i

Why cant OVH post this stuff so that "new" customers know where it is BEFORE they buy

-patiantly waiting

Andy
06-04-2009, 23:49
http://travaux.ovh.net/ you will need to use Google Translate unless you can read French.

james2k9
06-04-2009, 23:41
where is there bug page, please

Andy
06-04-2009, 23:40
iSCSI has a problem at the moment too according to their bug page, and a fix is in progress. This could be why that happened.

james2k9
06-04-2009, 23:34
wel in any case it wont be much of a problem i guess, i dont mind a wait if the service is good, but i didnt look in the forum before hand there should be some kind of notice on the RPS page that states "there is hugh delays due to mass demand" which would make customers abit happier

Something wierd just happened also

iscsi RPS installation said "in progress" for about 5 hours.. and has now just gone back to "to do"

o wells -.-

Andy
06-04-2009, 23:30
No later than the end of this week according to the latest news. There is a huge backlog due to the 50GB deal they are trying to catch up on.

freshwire
06-04-2009, 23:23
It can be 10 minutes it can be a few days.

Nothing more I can tell you

james2k9
06-04-2009, 21:15
Hello

i e-mail customer support but got no reply

i dont mean to cause any issues with my question,

all i am asking is what is the time scale in which this server is going to be set up..
i read in forums that there is some delays, (which i belive should be sorted now..) in any case, i honour this

however, could i possibly be given a timescale in which i could expect this to be set up
i know ovh offer no time scale garantee's, but please.. an estimate?

lj40193-ovh
Order #: 19332

thanks..