OVH Community, your new community space.

domain / dns problem?

Webbstar23
07-04-2009, 21:40
is your domain the order in process?

hillo10
07-04-2009, 21:25
Yes payment went through, i have a number of domains already with ovh, this is the first time this has happened.

gregoryfenton
07-04-2009, 19:39
I use openDNS http://www.opendns.com as my DNS servers for my home connection. It has a great feature in that you can click to have their DNS servers request a DNS IP from the root servers and see instantly if your domain is live.

Having said that, I have registered a number of the free .co.uk domains offered by OVH and they have been operational within minutes, often even before I have had a chance to set up my DNS servers with their information.

Andy
07-04-2009, 19:31
Did your payment go through? The order won't start until payment is made I don't think...

hillo10
07-04-2009, 19:22
ok heres another one...i reg a domain with ovh, last night, yet now it's still saying it's avaliable on other sites? ...i'm lost, and yes the nameserver changes for me usually take about 10 mins, however it's close to 2 days.

Andy
07-04-2009, 18:37
It can take 72 hours for propagation to occur. When you change them go to www.network-tools.com, select express then enter your domain. It will show you the name servers it is currently using. All updates I have done to name servers take effect within about 1 hour in most cases but some take days.

hillo10
07-04-2009, 18:29
i'm trying to change the dns on a domain already resgistered. i know domains take time, however i have waited and when i change the nameserver settings nothing happens.

Andy
07-04-2009, 15:57
Quote Originally Posted by hillo10
Hi, i recently tried registered a domain with my account, however it stills says to do, and also whenever i try to change dns, it just says to do and nothing happens, my domains are just sitting there.

Nichandle: HJ14781-OVH
Domains aren't created instantly, until its completed you can't change any settings, as it doesn't yet exist. Wait until the domain is created and you have the confirmation e-mail.

If you have waited more than 3 days for it, contact support as there may be an issue creating it. Phone them, don't e-mail, its quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by fast1
i keep seeing the word dns, may i ask what is it?
I suggest you use Google if you don't know what something is. You'll get an answer quicker.

fast1
07-04-2009, 15:50
i keep seeing the word dns, may i ask what is it?

hillo10
07-04-2009, 15:13
Hi, i recently tried registered a domain with my account, however it stills says to do, and also whenever i try to change dns, it just says to do and nothing happens, my domains are just sitting there.

Nichandle: HJ14781-OVH