We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How to order through a friend

IainK
23-04-2008, 19:26
Yes, OVH could cancel your server for this.

However, If your friend is fine having it in his name, and being responsible for bills, then all is well.
He should order and bear in mind that he's the one on the line for the money.

However, this is breaching OVH's contract if the server is for you and as stated above your server could be cancelled and not refunded. So up to you if you take the risk.

Either way, make sure it's your friend dealing with OVH.

Bruno
23-04-2008, 16:30
Keep in mind you are not supposed to do this and Ovh can stop your server because your country is not allowed. It's a risk. Take it if you want....

Scott Curtis
23-04-2008, 15:50
What OVH looks for is where the money is coming from in regards to country of origin for the payment. If he is going to use a postal check or something then you could put it in your name but if he is going to pay with a CC then put it in his name. Either way I would suggest you just have it put in your cousins name for simplicity sake. The emails regarding the account can be sent anywhere and you can access the server from anywhere.

AnesZve
17-04-2008, 23:52
I would send the money to my relative in spain, and he will pay from there.

OVH.Customer
17-04-2008, 00:01
How are you going to pay? If you're paying by card then the billing address will need to be yours, otherwise the payment may not be accepted, so you could have problems.

AnesZve
16-04-2008, 21:35
Comon guys, someone must know?

AnesZve
16-04-2008, 15:58
I dont live in a coutry where I can order a dedicated Ovh server, but, I have a relative who lives in spain, who might be able to do it for me.

He dont have very good computer exprience, and I dont want to involve him more than necessary either, so what I wonder is what can I do from here, and does he need to do from his end?

Can I place the order with my name, and then just use his adress as billing adress?

Or can someone describe the steps we need to take to make this work?
instructions from Ovh staff would be the best

Thanks in advance
//Anes..