OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimi Renewal Prices

marks
13-04-2009, 21:11
let's see if I answer a coupe of comments before:

"39.99 GBP is still greater than 39.99 Euros or am I missing something here? "

the prices between Euros and Sterling were updated and rounded to the nearest usual price. It would be quite confusing for new customers to see prices such as 37.34. And we try to keep these things very simple and easy to understand.

And to make some things clear, RPS is not VPS; RPS are physical servers with network shared hard disk. So it's not correct to compare VPS and RPS.

Cheers

Palad1n
13-04-2009, 17:20
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Just a point here. Could you please let people know about price changes as its gonna affect them?

Just gone to renew my Kimi and its gonna be about 15 more for the next 3 months. Its just not an option for the low bandwidth users that don't take the P*** out of the network. I think I use about 5 gig a month max.

I either step down a range or two or look for another host because after all maybe in another 3 months it will be another 15 on top.

But I would have been quite happy to step down to an RPS when the 50GB offer was on. I thought about it but thought no because I would be getting my normal price.

Dissapointed to say the least. Glad I went to renew a couple of days early to have the time to at least transfer my data!
Hi,

If you use 5GB Month, why don't you look at a VPS?

cheapvps.co.uk do some good plans, I use them for Secondary DNS/Mail Relay's as they do a CPANEL build out of the box.

Do you really need a Dedi Server, or as you said a RPS.

DigitalDaz
08-04-2009, 00:59
2XL which was a good deal, I will now have to have to step down to an XL or even an L but move all the data too :S Wheras I may even have gone to the RPS1V whith the 50Gig offer which would have cost me a little more.

DigitalDaz
08-04-2009, 00:58
I also note this:

There was a price update in all our servers at the end of last year. That was due to the steep decline in the exchange rate of Sterling against Euro. Cause of all OVH costs are based in France, OVH found that without this adjustment, it was selling in the UK below the costs.

The prices for NEW servers from then were all updated, so that NEW customer had it applied right away.

When it comes to renewals of existing customers, the change has been applied progressively as the renewals came and not to everybody had the update at the same time. Some renewals have been paid at the old price till March and the increase has been applied later.

Regarding Oles' offer of 30% off, that still applies for those who bought the server under that offer (that finished some time ago). The thing is that the discount is applied on the updated base price, so the offer is still applying to those who bought the server with it.

I hope this makes things more clearer and contribute to have a better understanding of the reasons for some decisions taken by OVH.

Regards

Well unless the Euro has suddenly changed its value without me knowing then the prices on www.kimsufi.com in Euros are still cheaper than the UK is charged so please enlighten me and tell me how we in the UK are getting things cheaper?

39.99 GBP is still greater than 39.99 Euros or am I missing something here?

slayer2005
08-04-2009, 00:56
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Just a point here. Could you please let people know about price changes as its gonna affect them?

Just gone to renew my Kimi and its gonna be about 15 more for the next 3 months. Its just not an option for the low bandwidth users that don't take the P*** out of the network. I think I use about 5 gig a month max.

I either step down a range or two or look for another host because after all maybe in another 3 months it will be another 15 on top.

But I would have been quite happy to step down to an RPS when the 50GB offer was on. I thought about it but thought no because I would be getting my normal price.

Dissapointed to say the least. Glad I went to renew a couple of days early to have the time to at least transfer my data!
witch server bro,the xl?
but yhea its a bit unfair they dont warn you.
they seem to think hey we,l put up the prices and not mention it and theyl pay it.

DigitalDaz
08-04-2009, 00:41