We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The SLA noSLA, the warranties, the support, the ftp backup and the IP fail-over


BELLonline
18-04-2008, 17:56
I've got a few servers, on is currently quite high at about 40Mbps and the others are more like 5Mbps so I'm not close to it yet, but it would be good if it was cleared up.

Andy
18-04-2008, 17:48
Quote Originally Posted by BELLonline
I've been trying to get to the bottom of your noSLA policy for a while now but it is very unclear and seems to change.

Are you saying that if all servers from one customer go over 101Mbit/s then their servers are all capped at 20Mbit/s? It was previously apparently capped at 10Mbit/s per connection to the servers as far as I could tell, is this not the case?
I don't get it now either. I was first under the impression it was a maximum of 20Mbps per connection per carrier but now it seems not?

There needs to be clarification and examples of every possibility to help us understand this. While I'm never going to go into noSLA mode (I only have 1x100Mbps server) I'd like to understand how it works to advise others.

BELLonline
18-04-2008, 17:23
No changes. We guarantee you 101Mbps per customer and/or per project. in the case that you use more than 101Mbps, your servers will be swapped into noSLA mode. This mode allows you to not have any limits for around 40% of the time each day. During the other 60% of the time, the traffic is limited to 5x20Mbps.
I've been trying to get to the bottom of your noSLA policy for a while now but it is very unclear and seems to change.

Are you saying that if all servers from one customer go over 101Mbit/s then their servers are all capped at 20Mbit/s? It was previously apparently capped at 10Mbit/s per connection to the servers as far as I could tell, is this not the case?

Andy
18-04-2008, 14:15
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
Because i think that 1 post goes to all the forums..
Never thought of that, still, it is stupid.

JALZOO
18-04-2008, 14:13
Because i think that 1 post goes to all the forums..

But i agree.. this is an english forum, Hardly anyone understands french here.. But unfair really!

Andy
17-04-2008, 10:03
Quote Originally Posted by Bruno
Because the Google Translated text is false and Marco is from the Ovh team.
If they posted in English to begin with we wouldn't have this problem. Its a UK forum, 99% of people do not speak French. Why on earth do they post French when we can't understand it?

JALZOO
17-04-2008, 01:26
ok.. bit pointless really as it only takes common sense to work it out..

Bruno
17-04-2008, 00:29
Quote Originally Posted by JALZOO
Marco why do you translate it?.. When someone else has already translated it?!
Because the Google Translated text is false and Marco is from the Ovh team.

JALZOO
16-04-2008, 23:26
Marco why do you translate it?.. When someone else has already translated it?!

Andy
16-04-2008, 19:08
Hello,
Here is the summary of the options in the range "RELOAD."

SLA / noSLA
---------
No change. We guarantee 101Mbps per customer
And / or project. In case you are using more than
101Mbps, your servers noSLA pass mode. This mode
Not having any limit for 40% of time per day.
Over 60% of time, traffic is limited to 5x20Mbps.

Guarantees
-------------
Network:
-------
By default, Ovh agrees to less than 45 minutes of network outage
Per month (99.9%) for all dedicated servers. On the
HG range, Ovh committed to less than 5 minutes per network outage
Months (99.99%).

Hardware
--------
On the Kimsufi range, in case of unavailability due Server
To a hardware failure, OVH will repair the dedicated server
In less than 8 hours
On the Superplan range, in case of unavailability due Server
To a hardware failure, OVH will repair the dedicated server
In less than 4 hours
On the range EG / MG / HG, in case of unavailability due Server
To a hardware failure, OVH will repair the dedicated server
In less than 2 hours

The support
----------
Ovh offers 3 levels of support for all ranges
Dedicated server.

The FTP Backup
-------------
Ovh offers FTP backup for all ranges of server
Dedicated. The size FTP backup is equivalent to the size of
Discs. It is included in the price of the bids.

The fail-over IP
----------------
The range Kimsufi enjoys 1 IP fail-over.
The range Superplan / EG / MG 4 advantage of IP fail-over.
The range of benefits HG 8 IP fail-over.

The result in the following email ...

Yours
Octave

oles@ovh.net
16-04-2008, 17:30
Hello,

Here is the summary in regards of the "RELOAD" range options.

SLA/noSLA
---------
No changes. We guarantee you 101Mbps per customer and/or per project. in the case that you use more than 101Mbps, your servers will be swapped into noSLA mode. This mode allows you to not have any limits for around 40% of the time each day. During the other 60% of the time, the traffic is limited to 5x20Mbps.

The warranties
-------------
Network:
-------

By default, Ovh is committed in ensuring that the downtime does not exceeds 45 minutes a month (99,9%) for the dedicated servers. On the HG range, Ovh is committed in ensuring that the downtime does not exceed 5 minutes a month (99,9%)

Hardware
--------
On the Kimsufi range, in case of server inaccessibility due to hardware breakdown, Ovh is committed in ensuring that the repair of
the dedicated server is carried out in less than 8 hours. On the Superplan range, in case of server inaccessibility due to hardware breakdown, Ovh is committed in ensuring that the repair of the dedicated server is carried out in less than 4 hours. On the EG/MG/HG ranges, in case of server inaccessibility due to hardware breakdown, Ovh is committed in ensuring that the repair of the dedicated server is carried out in less than 2 hours.

The support
----------
Ovh offers the 3 levels of support for the entire range of the dedicated servers.

The Ftp backup
-------------
Ovh offers the ftp backup for the entire range of the dedicated servers. The ftp backup size is equal to the disk size. This is included in the offer.

The IP fail-overs
----------------
The Kimsufi range will have 1 IP fail-over. The Superplan/EG/MG range will have 4 IP fail-over. The HG range will have 8 IP fail-over.

There is more in the next post...

Regards,

Octave.