OVH Community, your new community space.

Ovh Email Gateway Anti-spam Anti-virus

marks
11-08-2009, 16:15
We've added some functionality to the OVH Email Gateway distribution: white/black lists, restriction on the recipients and statistics.

Now you can set your own list of trusted and untrusted list of domains or email addresses. Also, you can export and import the OEG configuration to/from another server (backup or migration).

You also have access to statistics about the emails put through, caught, detected as spam, virus, .... .

Finally, you can set up the list of valid email addresses or domains that are allowed to receive emails through the OEG server, increasing the security of the server.

The new guides for these features can be found at:
http://help.ovh.com/OEGlists
http://help.ovh.com/OEGStat

Remember that the first time you try this distribution, you have 30-day anti-spam and anti-virus Kaspersky license for free, so you can try the full functionality for free in your Kimsufi or Pro server.

We would like to hear from you about experience with OEG, your ideas about new functionality and new possibilities.

Enjoy!

marks
08-06-2009, 11:28
With one OEG server you can filter emails coming into as many mail servers as you want. You pay for a global license for the OEG servers and there is no limit of domains to filter.

Hope this helps.

ovhfan2
07-06-2009, 06:28
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
Global license per mail server.
Fozle, can you clarify these questions?

1. Say I have 3 OVH servers with an active mail server and several domains on each... Do I then have to lease an additional server with OEG and manage the domains on the 3 mail servers through that single OEG server?

2. If the above scenario is true, would I be paying for an OEG license for the 3 separate mail servers or do I pay a license fee for just the OEG server?

Thanks a lot.

fozl
29-05-2009, 12:27
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
No invoicing per email account, per domain. Only the global license per server.
Global license per mail server.

ovhfan2
29-05-2009, 03:47
Quote Originally Posted by ovhfan2

So, can I configure domains hosted on other OVH servers? Say I have 3 servers at OVH... Do I then lease a server with OEG and manage the domains on the 3 servers through that single OEG server? And if that scenario is true, would I be paying for an OEG license for 3 servers or do I pay a license fee for just the OEG server?
Marks, do you have an update on this?

ovhfan2
12-05-2009, 18:33
So, can I configure domains hosted on other OVH servers? Say I have 3 servers at OVH... Do I then lease a server with OEG and manage the domains on the 3 servers through that single OEG server? And if that scenario is true, would I be paying for an OEG license for 3 servers or do I pay a license fee for just the OEG server?

marks
12-05-2009, 11:19
Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
ah I see, so email is scanned before its handled by the MTA?
Correct. Actually, in the configuration process, you have to do 2 things:
-set the domain to be handled by the OEG server, telling the mail server
-change the DNS of the domain to point the MX record to the OEG server

Thus, whenever an email has to be delivered to your domain, it'll be delivered to the OEG server, and this after filtering, will deliver it to your mail server. Altogether is very simple and transparent.

hope this helps

cheers!

Ashley
09-05-2009, 03:17
ah I see, so email is scanned before its handled by the MTA?

marks
08-05-2009, 18:17
basically the OEG server will filter all your emails going to the domain configured, no matter the account (even if the account doesn't exist!). In this sense, it's completely transparent.

The only configuration you do per account is if you use quarantine option, you'll have to create a login for that account, so the use logs into the OEG server to check his/her email in quarantine.

Ashley
08-05-2009, 13:02
I don't send/recieve enough email for it to be a dedicated resource.

I suppose I could now send out newsletters properly?

Are the mailboxes virtual mailboxes? As in, ashley@mysite.com or is it one user for all email domains that exist? For example user ashley recieves email from ashley@* (* being all the domains on the server).

Neil
08-05-2009, 12:40
Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
Is this available on the RPS at all?
No it is not available on the RPS, but it is available on the Kimsufi.

Ashley
08-05-2009, 11:45
Is this available on the RPS at all?

marks
06-05-2009, 11:50
yes, that's the only way to get it: install the distribution in a dedicated server for this task.

After that, there is nothing stopping you from installing other stuff on the OEG server, but that will be its main use.

ovhfan2
05-05-2009, 17:30
Thanks, Marks. Does that mean this service cannot be installed on a production / existing CentOS 5.3 / Cpanel server? Do I need to install the distribution on a new server to be able to use the gateway?

marks
05-05-2009, 16:19
Mr ovhfan2, you answers:

-the OEG is a distribution based on CentOS 5.3 which comes with the software installed and ready to use. So, you chose to install it in one of your servers to do this particular task.

-you'll find it among the choices of OS when you install a server (right now, just in French, but it'll be in English in the following days).

-the Webmin module will be installed automatically in the distribution.

hope this helps

cheers!

ovhfan2
05-05-2009, 15:25
This service looks very promising.

Hello,

If you have a dedicated server, you can install a new ready-to use distribution: Ovh Email Gateway.
Does this need leasing a dedicated server just for the email gateway? Or do you provide the infrastructure and we just pay for the service and all incoming emails, once processed, are then delivered to the IMAP/POP server?

The aim of this distribution: to offer an ultra easy virus and spam filtering solution.
Where do we get this distribution from? Is this a program that can be installed over an existing CentOS 5.3 server?

The customer just needs to configure their domain(s) in a few clicks via a Webmin module developed by OVH. Next, they change the MX of their domain to the "OVH Email Gateway" server and that's it.
Does the Webmin module reside on our dedicated server or on a OVH server?

hashbangbinbash
20-04-2009, 18:43
Only available in French at the moment.

oles@ovh.net
17-04-2009, 19:26
Hello,

If you have a dedicated server, you can install a new ready-to use distribution: Ovh Email Gateway.

The aim of this distribution: to offer an ultra easy virus and spam filtering solution.

The customer just needs to configure their domain(s) in a few clicks via a Webmin module developed by OVH. Next, they change the MX of their domain to the "OVH Email Gateway" server and that's it.

They continue to host their emails on his server (outgoing POP/IMAP/SMTP), it completely transparent.

Depending on the SPAM detection level, they can choose different actions (delete, put in quarantine or tag)/ The configuration is customizable per domain and per user@domain (email account) and there is a quarantine management interface.

The anti-virus and anti-spam is automatically updated.

You have 30 day free trial distribution. Next, you are charged for the distribution depending on the server you have at OVH (simple):

SPAM/Virus SPAM only

Kimsufi £11.99 /month £7.99 /month
Superplan £11.99 /month £ 7.99 /month
EG £19.99 /month £13.99 /month
MG £29.99 /month £19.99 /month
HG £59.99 /month £36.99 /month

No invoicing per email account, per domain. Only the global license per server.

The anti-virus and anti-spam solution is based on Kaspersky.

Available with manuals (English version coming soon):
http://help.ovh.co.uk/OEGAddDomain
http://help.ovh.co.uk/OEGDomainConfig
http://help.ovh.co.uk/OEGQuarantine

To explore then:
- statistics
- outgoing filter (via smtpauth for instance)
- local hosting (become an IMAP/POP server) with all webmails we could imagine / mobility solutions / and so on

Thanks for your feed back!

Regards,

Octave