We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can not create chroot with pbuilder

runa
18-04-2009, 16:42
I love to answer my own questions, so here we go:

I decided to upgrade the kernel to one that doesn't include grsecurity. In the NetBoot-options I found that I could choose a few kernels (and more recent ones than the one in Ubuntu Intrepid). I chose 2.6.28.4 with IPv6 and rebooted. Everything works fine now :]

runa
18-04-2009, 14:53
I have a server with a fresh install of Ubuntu Intrepid. I have been trying to create a chroot using pbuilder, but it exits with a an error and the error left in /var/log/syslog isn't giving me much more.

I create the chroot like this:

sudo pbuilder create --debootstrapopts --variant=buildd

After a while pbuilder exits with the following error:

W: Failure trying to run: chroot /var/cache/pbuilder/build/26475/. mount -t proc proc /proc
pbuilder: debootstrap failed
-> Aborting with an error
-> cleaning the build env
-> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//26475 and its subdirectories

The following error is found in /var/log/syslog:

Apr 18 15:54:10 stock kernel: grsec: From $myip: denied pivot_root from chroot by /var/cache/pbuilder/build/26475/bin/mount[mount:29880] uid/euid:0/0 gid/egid:0/0, parent /usr/sbin/debootstrap[debootstrap:26484] uid/euid:0/0 gid/egid:0/0

The interesting thing here is that $myip is the ip of the laptop I'm using to connect (with ssh) to the server, not the ip of the server itself.

Any help will be much appreciated