OVH Community, your new community space.

Please help!

iand
18-04-2009, 21:52
if u have centos alreaqdy installed on vps ssh to your server ip if using windows at home use putty a free ssh client then
To begin your installation, use the following commands:

1. cd /home — Opens the directory /home.
2. wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest — Fetches the latest installation file from the cPanel servers.
3. sh latest — Opens and runs the installation files.
4. /usr/local/cpanel/cpKeyclt — Activates your license after installation.

Andy
18-04-2009, 20:24
No idea, I'm a Windows guy, not Linux. Surely cPanel comes with instructions?

Mike Orkney
18-04-2009, 19:31
Thanks very much Andy for the information and for your time. I was hoping you'd get back to me as you seem a real expert!

Can I ask you how I install cPanel andy as I've never ever done that on a dedicated server or VPS also, I'm not too up in Linux etc but I want to learn.

Thanks again Andy!

Andy
18-04-2009, 19:25
You install it the same way as you would on the host machine, except you connect to the virtual machine instead when you install it... A virtual machine is after all like the host machine in every respect, its not even aware the host exists.

Mike Orkney
18-04-2009, 19:17
Hello!

I have a dedicated server and I'd to run just one cPanel VPS on it. I have a cPanel licence for the IP address but get totally lost when I've re-installed my server with one of the VPS installs that OVH do!

I've tried all except Zen. I'd prefer to use VMware (I believe that I have to upload a CentOS image (ISO) file to use cPanel with VMware?) or, failing that, I'd use Proxmox.

My problem is... How do I go about installing cPanel on the VPS?

If anyone can help I'd be very pleased.

Many thanks from the UK.

EDITH PIAF AND MARION COTTILARD FAN!