OVH Community, your new community space.

Torrent seed sharing copyright data at OVH

Neil
27-04-2009, 17:29
Quote Originally Posted by Bilge
I certainly will e-mail the abuse department but I see no reason why not to copy the relevant information here as well. It's a real issue that everyone should have the right to know about. It's no good hiding these problems under the carpet; they should be tackled head-on.

Whilst you are clearly correct, I feel it only fair to give due warning that intelligible posts are discouraged on this puerile forum.
If you send proof of illegal torrents being hosted on these servers then they will be contacted, we do tackle piracy and illegal issues head on, abuse@ovh.net goes direct to the legal team. Posting on here does not tackle it head on.

If you feel this is a puerile forum then I am unsure why you posted here anyway.

Bilge
27-04-2009, 17:18
I certainly will e-mail the abuse department but I see no reason why not to copy the relevant information here as well. It's a real issue that everyone should have the right to know about. It's no good hiding these problems under the carpet; they should be tackled head-on.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
It is possible to get the list of peers from the tracker without transferring any of the actual data yourself.
Whilst you are clearly correct, I feel it only fair to give due warning that intelligible posts are discouraged on this puerile forum.

freshwire
27-04-2009, 15:24
Actually.

It is possible to get the list of peers from the tracker without transferring any of the actual data yourself.

IainK
27-04-2009, 10:33
Bilge,
I can understand that you probably don't want people torrenting on the network you are using and it's fair enough if you should think you need to report them, but I firmly believe the only way you will have obtained that data is by doing so yourself and if so then that's very hypocritical.
Either way, come on man do you really think that staff checking the forum will be dealing with this stuff? The abuse department is usually a department of it's own, or at very least high level management dealing with claims of spam, copyright infringement, network abuse etc, so just e-mail abuse@ovh.net or leave it.
No one here wants to hear about it, that's been made very clear.

S0phie
27-04-2009, 10:27
Found 3 more last week.

• ks26672.kimsufi.com
  • ks24772.kimsufi.com
  • ks25794.kimsufi.com

I'm starting to think that this is a bigger problem than I first realised. I've also heard rumours that OVH network is flooded with torrent traffic. Now I'm starting to believe it.
We already explained to you to send full details of the Files/Material being distributed, the ip or server address to abuse@ovh.net.

There is no need to keep posting server names on the forum, you have to contact our legal department directly at abuse@ovh.net

Seedbox Paradis
27-04-2009, 10:25
Found 3 more last week.

• ks26672.kimsufi.com
  • ks24772.kimsufi.com
  • ks25794.kimsufi.com

I'm starting to think that this is a bigger problem than I first realised. I've also heard rumours that OVH network is flooded with torrent traffic. Now I'm starting to believe it.
I second Andy on what he just wrote, you got pissed off that someone somehow "mistreated" you whether it was a ban from some tracker/seedbox/irc chan and now you're trying to ruin it for everyone else. Go the f*** away and if you can't make it in the real world without taking out the anger on someone else, don't even try it.

Andy
27-04-2009, 10:18
Lol, whats your problem? You'll never find all OVH servers that are torrenting. I could say "ks25332.kimsufi.com" is torrenting but with no proof OVH won't do anything. Unless you're from the appropriate authorities with rights to issue a cease and desist letter you're wasting your time. Whats more, you're just a hypocrite by reporting servers for doing exactly what you're doing - breaking the law by torrenting! Lets report you shall we? How would you like that?

Anyway, its not even your problem, so why do you care? Yes the OVH network is used for torrenting but with such low prices do you wonder why? If you're unhappy with OVH why are you still here?

Sorry but people with your attitude really p**s me off.

Bilge
27-04-2009, 10:12
Found 3 more last week.

• ks26672.kimsufi.com
  • ks24772.kimsufi.com
  • ks25794.kimsufi.com

turbanator
22-04-2009, 13:54
I am disappointed to have to report that I discovered ks21984.kimsufi.com seeding a torrent of copyright data. I urge OVH to investigate immeditately and take any appropriate action if this is confirmed.
meh go away take your jealousy and frustration out on another board..you are as worse as bush lying

Seedbox Paradis
22-04-2009, 11:06
Quote Originally Posted by RikT
But how hypercritical you must of been downloading the content yourself thus breaking the same law and besides no-one likes a grass
Yeah really, the way I see it, there are only two ways he found out about this;

1. He saw the guys hostname in his torrent client's peer list

or

2. He was sharing a server with someone, most likely a shared seedbox reseller, and after either getting locked out or not paying anymore, he's reporting the server.

There really is no other way to know, at least none that I can think of.

RikT
22-04-2009, 10:48
If all your posts are this much crap, then given your post count, this entire forum must be a cesspool. I am not reporting anyone for "breaking the law", I am reporting an OVH customer who is in violation of the TOS to OVH.

But how hypercritical you must of been downloading the content yourself thus breaking the same law and besides no-one likes a grass

wackomoo
21-04-2009, 13:05
I cast a spell of "Lock Forum Topic +2" on this topic. There, done. No more arguing can go on here.

Andy
21-04-2009, 09:24
LOL, sorry but I had to laugh at that. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to my help on this forum...

Bilge
21-04-2009, 08:41
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Funny that isn't it, reporting someone for "breaking the law" when you're doing just the same yourself!
If all your posts are this much crap, then given your post count, this entire forum must be a cesspool. I am not reporting anyone for "breaking the law", I am reporting an OVH customer who is in violation of the TOS to OVH.

Andy
20-04-2009, 19:03
But both still broke the law and both can still be "shut down" by the authorities, excuses or not.

freshwire
20-04-2009, 19:01
Quote Originally Posted by Iray
Hehe. That does happen.
But maybe his claim are legit? Perhaps he found that IP through his torrent client? Possible. However unlikely.
... and what is he doing downloading the torrent himself

In any case the server owner can always use the same excuse... 'oh i was just doing it to find out ips of people who download illegally'

No different to what our person above has done

Iray
20-04-2009, 18:18
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Always makes me chuckle these threads.
As its obviously sm1 who sm1 noes and has fallen out or was sharing a server ect ect then they report them.
I bet
Hehe. That does happen.
But maybe his claim are legit? Perhaps he found that IP through his torrent client? Possible. However unlikely.

slayer2005
20-04-2009, 15:21
Always makes me chuckle these threads.
As its obviously sm1 who sm1 noes and has fallen out or was sharing a server ect ect then they report them.
I bet

Andy
20-04-2009, 14:05
Funny that isn't it, reporting someone for "breaking the law" when you're doing just the same yourself!

Tz-OVH
20-04-2009, 13:36
I am disappointed to have to report that I discovered ks21984.kimsufi.com seeding a torrent of copyright data. I urge OVH to investigate immeditately and take any appropriate action if this is confirmed.
"Discovered" ?

I'd like to know how you actually came by that info.

Neil
20-04-2009, 11:02
Please send full details of the Files/Material being distributed, the ip or server address to abuse@ovh.net.

Bilge
20-04-2009, 10:59