OVH Community, your new community space.

What's tech support like?

Andy
22-04-2009, 15:41
Agreed on phone support being very polite. I called up a few times in a day to get updates and from then on they know me on a first name basis. And due to my help on the forum they all know me when I call up too. Its nice being recognised!

Ashley
22-04-2009, 15:39
OVH have most things automated. For example when your machine becomes unreachable it gets flagged to their engineers and logged in your manager (email summary) and you get an email too.

However, phone support wise I get the same guy who did the recordings - very polite and called me back without me asking him to just to update me on a status.

Thumbs up here.

Andy
22-04-2009, 12:29
Support is great by phone, but a little slow by e-mail.

Phone and E-mail support isn't 24/7 yet, they only operate Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm, which is a bit crap if you get a problem on a weekend. I believe this is to change soon to 24/7 support, but as usual "soon" can mean months with OVH. We're waiting for an update on this.

Downtime is of course rare, and remember that support won't help with software issues, only hardware or other issues not solvable by yourself. Software is your problem as all servers are unmanaged.

Seedbox Paradis
22-04-2009, 12:20
It tends to be pretty actually, close to no downtime during those rare occasions that my server is actually unavailable due to a technical problem.

zigzag
22-04-2009, 11:58
A bit cheeky to ask I suppose but it's important to know before ordering. How good is technical support? Not support for mistakes that customers make with their servers but support if something goes horribly wrong with hardware or the network. Don't want to be left offline for hours if something breaks.