OVH Community, your new community space.

NX prob after upgraded Desktop from 8.10 to 9.04

nickboi
04-12-2009, 11:38
not worry i got it work

nickboi
04-12-2009, 11:29
i can not do it any iddea

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package ubuntu-desktop

thanks

tallen
27-11-2009, 20:36
Install Ubuntu 9.10 server edition then connect with Putty :
Code:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freenx-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude install freenx
sudo /usr/lib/nx/nxsetup --install
Desktop edition with NXClient setup for you! (username : root, password = same as putty)

Works great!

silkobilko
27-11-2009, 15:13
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
the Ubuntu Server 9.10 is already available for installation.

I'm aware that it's relatively easy to install NX software in the Server distribution to run a remote desktop.

I cannot give you an estimated time for the Desktop version, I'm aware that some works are going on regarding the remote desktop software to use. we'll keep you informed.
Rats! I was looking for an easy point and click fix.

I have tried to upgrade 8.04 desktop and played around with getting a desktop on the 9.10, but I keep messing something up. I suppose if it were too easy I would never learn anything.

Thanks

marks
27-11-2009, 15:07
the Ubuntu Server 9.10 is already available for installation.

I'm aware that it's relatively easy to install NX software in the Server distribution to run a remote desktop.

I cannot give you an estimated time for the Desktop version, I'm aware that some works are going on regarding the remote desktop software to use. we'll keep you informed.

silkobilko
27-11-2009, 14:59
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Just to let you know Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop is in development and we will have it available shortly - which will work with freenx.
1 year on and I can't see this as an option in my available distros. Any sign of it?

Neil
29-04-2009, 16:53
I was actually talking about operating system that we will soon offer, upgrades should be ok. The only problem we are aware of is the sound does not work. But we are looking into it.

m0z
29-04-2009, 15:45
Good news Neil can you let people on the forum know when its safe to upgrade to 9.04

Neil
29-04-2009, 10:26
Hi

Just to let you know Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop is in development and we will have it available shortly - which will work with freenx.

colin12345
28-04-2009, 23:13
Great. Thanks very much for your help.

m0z
28-04-2009, 15:32
Uninstall (sudo apt-get uninstal freenx) FreeNX that OVH uses with there Ubuntu Desktops and install NXServer.

http://www.nomachine.com/download-pa...hp?Prod_Id=721

You need to download and install all 3 from that page and a guide in the below link on how to install the deb from command line

http://www.urbanpuddle.com/articles/...u-dapper-drake

colin12345
28-04-2009, 10:05
I've just upgraded my Ubuntu Desktop from 8.10 to 9.04. I can connect fine through FTP but the NX Client starts suddenly closes when trying to display the desktop.
Someone told me I might have updated too soon and the OVH Jaunty repositories aren't ready. Is this the problem? If so, will I have to reinstall back to 8.10 or is there a way of fixing it without losing everything?
I'd be grateful for any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Colin