OVH Community, your new community space.

Game server

The European
03-05-2009, 00:32
To return the last two posters comments:

I was asking about a control panel just to manage the game processes (I think this is how most GCP/GSP panels work).

Installation might be a case of you [we] provide the gameserver binaries and the control panel handles the rest.

Even just handling the gameserver config scripts would be great...

...I'm getting ahead of myself.... if any sort of panel for this on the cards?

*Mikee*
02-05-2009, 23:39
If you get to install the games yourself - You would end up with people running cracked gaming servers

Iray
02-05-2009, 22:17
This. Is. Amazing.

*Hugs Oles*

Edit:
The European - I would imagine, the game servers are installed/managed yourself. I think OVH would run into licensing issues if this were done.

The European
01-05-2009, 21:50
With regard to 'game servers', what are we talking provision wise?

Will this provide an OVH RPS install that includes a control panel designed to launch/manage game server instances?

Thanks.

marks
30-04-2009, 12:11
Yes, it's like Andy says.

The data exchanged between the RPS and the SAN is counted in the bandwidth. In any case, it's still "OVH to OVH" traffic.

Cheers!

Andy
29-04-2009, 20:34
It counts as a whole still.

Ashley
29-04-2009, 20:31
Just a question,

I guess if the iSCSI is hosted in Roubiax and the RPS in London, then does the iSCSI access count towards the general bandwith of the server as a whole (100mb/s NIC) or is it seperate?

Tz-OVH
29-04-2009, 15:18
Excellent idea, I've been thinking of running a few games on my server so some friends can play, but its nice to know that we can get an RPS dedicated to do this.

Andy
29-04-2009, 15:15
Hello,
With the arrival in 2009 RPS beta in about 2 months, we will
able to offer game servers across Europe. Although
commercially nothing will change, the principle of having a RPS
very close to all the interconnections of the country in question
is very interesting. Indeed, we will be able to host the
RPS server to Warsaw, Frankfurt, Vienna, Madrid, London, Paris
or Amsterdam to deliver full power on the spot, while
managing storage via iSCSI in our datacentres in Roubaix
Valley.

The new infrastructure will enable us to RPS 250 RPS host / bay
but about 1000 RPS/2m2 with little power
necessary to make everything work. That is the principle of RPS!
Minimum power consumption for maximum power.
With a routing infrastructure across Europe, we
the best access time between our infrastructure without limit
bandwidth. To communicate the RPS and filers through
Europe or within a datacentre is strictly
same thing. Indeed, the principle of the QoS that we
have developed over iSCSI for RPS to ensure quality of service
equal for all is to manage the latency of disk access ...

A small dedicated server games for less than 10Euro pingable from 1ms to
all providers of each country in Europe? It is believed that
will be able to beta test in September in Frankfurt where we
have some berries available. If it works as we think,
other countries will follow.

Amicalement
Octave

oles@ovh.net
29-04-2009, 15:10
Hello,

With the arrival of RPS 2009 in beta in about 2 months, we will be able to offer game servers across Europe. Although commercially nothing will change, the principle of having a RPS very close to all the interconnections of the country in question is very interesting. Indeed, we will be able to host the RPS server in Warsaw, Frankfurt, Vienna, Madrid, London, Paris or Amsterdam to deliver full power on the spot, while managing storage via iSCSI in our datacentres in Roubaix Valley.

The new RPS infrastructure will enable us to host 250 RPS per rack, but especially 1000 RPS/2m2 with little electric power necessary to make everything work. That is the principle of RPS! Minimum power consumption for maximum processing power. With a routing infrastructure across Europe, we have the best access time between our infrastructure without a bandwidth limit. To make the RPS and filers communicate through Europe or within a same datacentre is strictly the same thing. Indeed, the principle of the QoS is that we have developed over iSCSI for RPS to ensure quality of service equal for all is to manage the latency of disk access ...

A small dedicated games server for less than £10 pingable from 1ms to all providers of each country in Europe? We think we will be able to beta test in September in Frankfurt where we have some racks available. If it works as we think, other countries will follow.

Regards,

Octave