OVH Community, your new community space.

Help with the NS - Thanks guys!

freshwire
01-05-2009, 22:31
I see Joomla

Now I will leave you with this wonderful poem about time that I havn't even read...

It flies by us, when we're having fun.
It makes the moon rise, and lowers the radiant sun.
It wrinkles a young face, with old age.
It breaks a teenager's bond's, from the motherly cage.
It beats a mountain, until it falls.
It births a child, whenever life calls.
It changes the verses, while you're reading this rhyme.
How this all happens, you will know, with time.

Jack W-H
01-05-2009, 22:02
Hello,

I'm a cheapskate so have one of your free domains, with paid hosting elsewhere. It already hosts my main site, but I'm trying to run another site from within a subdirectory.

I've used the cPanel on my host to add an 'Add-On Domain', to add my OVH domain juicydomains.co.uk - the document root is /public_html/juicydomains with no redirection.

I'm being hosted with Just Host, and their NS are ns1.pipedns.com, ns2.pipedns.com and ns3.pipedns.com

What I've done is added them in the OVF control panel like this:

I know it takes a few hours to propogate the domain name. I visited it and it said 'Page not found', So two hours later I came back and now I see this:

Is this meant to happen? Surely if it's propogated so I can see this it should now be pointing at my actual website (currently a blank Joomla installation), or will it still take longer to propogate?

I thought, when viewing the full DNS settings, I'd have to change the 'NS' fields but they don't have any ways to edit them?

Many thanks for your help.